Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

MK Dons (H)

Rudy

Right just got home absolutely pissed through 

We drew,played OK in spells,draw fair result 

Ref fucking useless 

Now the main point crowd brilliant 👏

Dust in my eyes when players came out to that reception and when we started singing "she's one of our own" to Sharon Brittan 

Great to be back COYFWM 

1 MK dons level of shithousery was on the level of Morecambe

2 We made enough openings to have won the game.

3 The ref made some bad decisions that cost us 

4 Our short pass play out from the back will be severely tested in this league

5 Gilks had a poor afternoon & we contributed massively to their three goals.

6 Some of our attacking play in the second half was quality until we decided to pass instead of shoot & shoot instead of pass 

7 Williams mom.

8 Onwards & upwards

• Site Supporter

What a game of football. 

Negative bits first:

They were decent, particularly on the break. 

When the time was right they targeted Williams, especially given his early card, and tried to hurry him. Quick and caused us problems at times.

Perhaps some work to do on the defensive side of our game, as a team, though the defence were reasonable. Obviously can't give the ball away like we did for their first.

They were masters of the dark arts too, and the lino on the west side was too slow and missed off sides.

Positive aspects, we passed the ball quickly and moved well. Pressed at times and forced errors and created chances. Perhaps could have been a bit quicker to get shots away, but overall we're a joy to watch going forward and they got the crowd going and it made for a good atmosphere. 

Once we got Baka into the game after around 10 minutes, he really played well; worked hard and linked well.

Battled too when we had to, and they all worked their bollocks off.

Both teams bent over at the end, and we will no doubt need the squad for the season.

Question- was it a penalty for us first half, it appeared so but ref was adamant?

John looked crocked at the end too- time for Jackson back?

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

Oh and we can’t deal with big crowds shocking service on the concourse 

It's never been different. I can't be arsed queuing and for the most part don't bother.

Insufficient turnstiles meant folk coming in 15+ mins after kick-off. I was told that wigan's game was delayed for similar reasons, though don't know if true.

9 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

It's never been different. I can't be arsed queuing and for the most part don't bother.

Insufficient turnstiles meant folk coming in 15+ mins after kick-off. I was told that wigan's game was delayed for similar reasons, though don't know if true.

The whole set up is shocking mate

went down 10 before ht nothing left in the carrs pasty stall and still queuing at the bar when the players came back out

like I said why are we pouring pints get bottles in places like Peterborough have a better set up 

Edited by radcliffe white

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

They were masters of the dark arts too, and the lino on the west side was too slow and missed off sides.

One of which led to one of their goals; the third I think.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Precisely. Convinced the fella who crossed it was marginally off. You'll have had a similar view to me- main issue was that the linesman was behind play and couldn't keep up.

He was woeful and just didn’t want to join in. He had opportunities to let the ref know when players were being cocks and ignored things: their No.10 kicked the ball away at least twice and their No21 was just a cock all game.

I know it shouldn’t be a case of, “We shout, you flag!” but if he can’t do the basics like keeping up with our last man or actually assisting an already shit ref to do his job right then I just hope he doesn’t get another Bolton game.

A bit of a reality check that this league is quite a step up from div 2.....MK were better than anything we played in the league last season, but horrible snidey cunts who dived, feigned injury, kicked the ball away & hassled the ref, all of which made the late equaliser sweeter.

The ref was fussy but even handedly poor.......some would have sent MJ off.

Pluses.....Sheehan looks a good player & good at set pieces which was needed, Baka is a handful & maybe more of a centre forward than a wide player & the late goal showed there's no shortage of  fighting spirit,

A draw was probably about right.

34 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

He's already said he won't attend. Must have watched a stream.

That explains a lot then. Not having a go at anyone but I've come back buzzing and am surprised at the negativity on here from some tbh. 

Fantastic atmosphere some excellent looking new players and a last second goal! iron out a few problems (goalie) get our best player last season fit again looking at this squad very positive for me.

and I reckon they are one of the better sides in this league having been steadily improving at this level for a few years. I reckon they will shock some of the 'big" boys in this division.  and we will too!

8 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

A bit of a reality check that this league is quite a step up from div 2.....MK were better than anything we played in the league last season, but horrible snidey cunts who dived, feigned injury, kicked the ball away & hassled the ref, all of which made the late equaliser sweeter.

The ref was fussy but even handedly poor.......some would have sent MJ off.

Pluses.....Sheehan looks a good player & good at set pieces which was needed, Baka is a handful & maybe more of a centre forward than a wide player & the late goal showed there's no shortage of  fighting spirit,

A draw was probably about right.

and them celebrating like they'd won the world cup each time!

• Site Supporter

From my position, it was difficult to assess whether Gilkes could have done better.

I assumed he was beaten by a good free kick (BN reckons there may have been a slight deflection), the first one was well struck- near post or not. Last went through his legs which seemed a bit poor.

• Site Supporter

Just loved being back in there.loved the fact we scored a brilliant free kick  Loved the fact there were dickheads talking shite behind me again, Loved the fact I was frustrated by a ref, loved the fact I was annoyed by opposition shithousery, loved the players running celebrating in front of us , loved seeing my 10 year olds joy when the equaliser went in in the last seconds  , loved the fact I was nervous when they went forward from their kick off with about 10 seconds left  , loved the atmosphere , loved the fact it pissed down walking in, dried up a bit  then pissed down again walking back to the car ,  no negatives at all for me today, next game maybe there will be but loved every bit of today. 

2 minutes ago, fatolive said:

Just loved being back in there.loved the fact we scored a brilliant free kick  Loved the fact there were dickheads talking shite behind me again, Loved the fact I was frustrated by a ref, loved the fact I was annoyed by opposition shithousery, loved the players running celebrating in front of us , loved seeing my 10 year olds joy when the equaliser went in in the last seconds  , loved the fact I was nervous when they went forward from their kick off with about 10 seconds left  , loved the atmosphere , loved the fact it pissed down walking in, dried up a bit  then pissed down again walking back to the car ,  no negatives at all for me today, next game maybe there will be but loved every bit of today. 

Absolutely 

Although the 40 minute walk home in a monsoon wore a bit thin.

Just when you thought MK Dons sheer existence couldn’t be any more anti-football, that set of horrible, snidey bastards turned up. Don’t get me wrong I love a bit of comedy shithousery as much as the next man, but they were truly on another level. Felt like a moral victory for them to have two points snatched away from them just as they thought they’d got the win.

Watching from NSL, I didn’t think there was much Gilks could do about the one from the free kick as the ball moved about all over the place, but the other two did seem to go straight through him somewhat.

You could see Doyle has had a disrupted pre season as I’d like to think he’d have two in the first half; the first where Sarcevic played it right across the six yard box and the second when the ball came straight back out from the (hopeless) keeper and Doyle got the ball got stuck his under his feet rather than just taking a swing at it. Mind you, Baptiste managed both of this in one movement and still managed to equalise 😁

The step up from League Two was pretty clear as I reckon last season we got away with one or two of the mistakes that led to a couple of their goals. Williams got caught out on the ball a couple of times as well which simply never happened last season.

Hopefully Evatt has a word with Dapo to just back himself sometimes. I know he likes having the ball close to his feet, but a couple of times their full back had pushed too far forward and left space in behind him, but Dapo just seemed determined to try and dribble around the covering centre half rather than just knocking it round him and having faith in beating him in a foot race.

Concourse was a shambles and probably a whole other topic. Best to concentrate on the positives of the game!