Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Lincoln City (A)

Smiley

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Smiley said:

In +1. Might even have a couple of Lincoln fans hitching a lift to the match with me.

am I the +1?

anyway

got a ticket

will run my  pre-christmas away day plan via the other half tonight

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Smiley said:

In +1. Might even have a couple of Lincoln fans hitching a lift to the match with me.

edit: triple post but in doing so earned an explorer page whatever the fuck that is

• Site Supporter
On 09/08/2021 at 23:02, MickyD said:

In for this one. Dad and lad trip and lad’s driving. Result.

Tickets sorted but now he tells me we can't set off until he finishes work around 4.00. Fucking hell,  not a lot of buffer there for coping with any unforeseen hold ups. 

Even less pub time. 

• The topic was pinned
5 hours ago, MickyD said:

Tickets sorted but now he tells me we can't set off until he finishes work around 4.00. Fucking hell,  not a lot of buffer there for coping with any unforeseen hold ups. 

Even less pub time. 

Just checked Google Maps and it says 2 hours 20 mins from Horwich if you left now, and that's even factoring in a bump on the A1(M) so you should be ok.

13 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Just checked Google Maps and it says 2 hours 20 mins from Horwich if you left now, and that's even factoring in a bump on the A1(M) so you should be ok.

Always reckon just over two hours but Sincil Bank is in the arse hole of the town so that's about right. If you come in on the A57 than make sure you've got 40p for the toll bridge. 

50 minutes ago, Zico said:

So has Remi Matthews 

Just signed for Palace!

Good on him. I liked him.

I can still see Darcy's goal in my minds eye, it was right in front of me. Dodoo was a disappointment, for a big six footer he appeared as soft as shit and unable to mix it. My Lincoln mates were honestly worried about the number of corners we were winning early in the second half and they thought it was going to end up a draw but as I said, we were softies where and when it mattered. Then came Chino's inspired substitutions and the rest is history. 

Looking forward to seeing the new BWFC for the first time.

6 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

And Zouma's fell out of the FL altogether.  I was convinced we'd be flogging him to someone like Villa for £5m around now.

He was only ever one mistimed tackle away from a red card the way he used to dive in.
Terrible positional sense and relied heavily on a bit of pace.

Played a handful of games for Barrow, before being shiped out to Alty. Now out of the game, I believe.

Shows how far we've progressed.

1 minute ago, Traf said:

He was only ever one mistimed tackle away from a red card the way he used to dive in.

True.  Mind you, so was Baptiste first time he was here, the number of pens and free kicks he gave away.  Probably down to Freedman persisting with playing him at left back. 

1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I always thought he was decent for us.  Not everyone was terrible in that car crash season, the likes of Kean Bryan, Brandon Fleming did a job for us although they didn't play a load of games unfortunately.

Agreed.

I actually thought we could get something at Lincoln after our equaliser, my Lincoln mates thought it was going to be a draw, they were concerned about the number of corners we were getting. 

What is it about corners with the recent BWFC teams?