Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wigan away - League cup 2nd round

Horwich

I had a look at their squad last night, some recognisable names, Whatmough, Massey, Power, Edwards - but means nothing out on the pitch. Amos is wank and Wyke is a btec Madine

Most neutrals would probably expect them to outperform us in the league and in general but from what I’ve seen so far, I think our squad is very underrated and I wouldn’t be surprised if we ran out comfortable winners in 2 of our 3 games against them this season.

we have the benefit of continuity from last season, Wigan have pretty much signed a full new team. No idea what style of play Leam Richardson plays or what kind of manager he is but id have Evatt over him all day

Edited by Mantra

• Members
45 minutes ago, tomski said:

I feel sorry for anyone who is described as a btec Madine 

My mate has a great quote about Madine “if footballers were judged on their ability to chest a ball down, Madine would be better than Messi, but it’s not and that’s why Gary Madine is shit”

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, paulhanley said:

Two years ago we were on our uppers and easy prey for our many local petty detractors. Things are different now and its time to show that Bolton are back. Clearly these tinpot wankers have spent big and it won't be easy. But in these League Cup ties with team changes etc the form book isn't wholly reliable.

Big turnout, unlimited belligerence. Let's make them realise all over again that they are truly the shit of Lancashire. 

Well, we're currently above them in the league!

5 hours ago, Mantra said:

I had a look at their squad last night, some recognisable names, Whatmough, Massey, Power, Edwards - but means nothing out on the pitch. Amos is wank and Wyke is a btec Madine

Most neutrals would probably expect them to outperform us in the league and in general but from what I’ve seen so far, I think our squad is very underrated and I wouldn’t be surprised if we ran out comfortable winners in 2 of our 3 games against them this season.

we have the benefit of continuity from last season, Wigan have pretty much signed a full new team. No idea what style of play Leam Richardson plays or what kind of manager he is but id have Evatt over him all day

Humphrys is very decent as is Wyke at this level, they are strong favourites in my opinion. 

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Rudy said:

My mate has a great quote about Madine “if footballers were judged on their ability to chest a ball down, Madine would be better than Messi, but it’s not and that’s why Gary Madine is shit”

Tim Ream liked to use his chest a lot, even when on his knees

9 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Thinking more about a few beers. Wigan to back here is a right fucking drag as well. If it’s def the night before the RL game I’ll probably stay and go the RL the following night

Will it not be a similar drag the night after?
And you'll have had to spend an extra day in Wigan?

40 minutes ago, Traf said:

Will it not be a similar drag the night after?
And you'll have had to spend an extra day in Wigan?

No as I’ll be driving. Tram and train from here to Wigan and back is a right ballache. Wrightington is OK and I won’t be spending many daylight hours in Wigan

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

£10 & £5 was right price, expect less than 4K BWFC at the higher price. 

Maybe exactly the reason why they have done it. 

however I still think we’ll sell out the probable 5k we will get. All this “give us 2 sides of the ground” stuff is nonsense. 

school / college holidays will mean a large Yoof contingent