Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wigan away - League cup 2nd round

Horwich

Memories of the invasions of the 1980s with BWFC fans on all four sides of their previous shit-tip.

Whatever happens on the pitch this is going to be a bitter reminder to the halfwits who support them of just who the big club is between the two in this 'rivalry'.

2 hours ago, bwfc2003 said:

Off latics speyk 

Bolton have already sold out their 4k. It's going to kick off big time next week because they'll be a shit load of them in the home end. The club can't restrict sales to previous Latics ticket holders due to the brand new ticketing system so any Bolton fan can just hop on the website and get one.

Hope the police are ready!

I was keeping that one under my hat, at least until we'd sold the extra 700 👀

Edited by Leyther_Matt

Just now, Leyther_Matt said:

I’ve been reliably informed that it isn’t an account based system so there literally isn’t a way of restricting it to previous purchases etc. Get what you pay for.

To correct myself, looks like they’ve restricted their online sales to season ticket holders only so we’ll still outnumber them even if some do make it in to the home end 😂 

38 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

They net those off now plus there’ll be netting down each side of ours. First block on sale for them is the 2nd one 

That's been the case for quite a few years now. If nothing else it gives them a better angle for lobbing coins and the like as they don't have to negotiate their way around the windshields at the end of the stand!

Thankfully our tickets are on the right hand side as you look at the pitch so they'd have to have an Olympic-standard throw to chuck owt at us from there.

Edited by Leyther_Matt