Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wigan away - League cup 2nd round

Horwich

As much as i'd like to beat Wiggin & get a money making / good day out draw for the next round, avoiding injuries to our 1st choice players & beating Cambridge is more important........we lose momemtum if we run our best players into the ground & the high intensity way we play means they probably need a good recovery time.

FWIW, apart from keeping them match fit, the likes of Gordon, Baptiste, Lee, Thomason & Kachunga should be good enough to give what will probably be a weakened Wiggin side, a good game.

3 hours ago, MickyD said:

Can't see why you aren't. Enough of us came to Lincoln last week. Back inside a couple of hours. 

Sounds lame but it appears I have "Post Viral Fatigue". I only just made Lincoln as that was a "bad day", I didn't go to work and slept most of that day. Been for a blood test today so we'll see what's going on.

2 hours ago, Traf said:

If players are struggling for fitness, rest them.
Otherwise, play your strongest team every game apart from in that bullshit Premier League U-21 cup.

Ironic thing is there are no restrictions in league cup, you can change all 11 if you like, but in the U21 cup you have to play something like half the team from the last league game (if its same as previous 2 seasons).

• Members
2 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

You do. I’ve had a message from a Latics fan this morning who’s been turned away because he hasn’t been yet this season and hasn’t got a season ticket. Most amusing. 

(Presumably Rudy’s mate’s FiL fulfils said criteria)

Friday they said this was the plan today they didn’t get them and are currently on the cadge to get hold of some 😂

• Site Supporter

I suggested to Our Peg that she take the lad to this rather than me as I'd been to all the home games.

What a fucking imbecile I am.

Fuck was I thinking.

I'm genuinely getting more pissed off with myself the closer it gets to kick off.  They best not talk to me tomorrow

• Members
3 minutes ago, barryk32 said:

I suggested to Our Peg that she take the lad to this rather than me as I'd been to all the home games.

What a fucking imbecile I am.

Fuck was I thinking.

I'm genuinely getting more pissed off with myself the closer it gets to kick off.  They best not talk to me tomorrow

What time does #Sharonwatch KO tomorrow 🙈

47 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Just had a nosy on Latics Speyk.  Some yonner trying to encourage them to turn up because theyd never hear the last of it if we outnumber them at their ground.  Must be a young lad, we did it every year at Springfield tip.

The deluded fuckers banging on about  beating us and getting a financial payday from a ‘big boy’ next round. 
I’m pretty sure they are missing the point that they are tinpot tossers who couldn’t fill their ground if we’d sold three sides.
That away end only holds what it holds whoever rocks up and we’ve sold it out (again)!