Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Fantasy League

Zico

• Moderators
1 minute ago, gonzo said:

See super 6 is now spread over the weekend. Bit shit.

I'm in a league for that at £10 a man which my mate is running 

He also reckons a 17 year old lad from Horwich won it last season, 250k plus a CL night out

35 minutes ago, stevieb said:

I think that is what kills fantasy prem now. Friday night games. You have to fuck about getting transfers and captains done by 5pm or whatever on a Friday. 

Said on radio before they got 9 million players last season. Bonkers.

How do folk get so good? Has to be totally stats driven surely. XG and all that caper.

Edited by gonzo

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Said on radio before they got 9 million players last season. Bonkers.

How do folk get so good? Has to be totally stats driven surely. XG and all that caper.

I've seen people with spreadsheets they use to inform their weekly transfer strategy 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Zico said:

I'll play if we set a rule that says once you pick your team, that's it, no transfers 

Because I'll not be looking at mine again after week 3 or 4

Me too. Lots of posters, like me, don’t particularly follow Prem football apart from the occasional games. I barely recognise many I England squads and certainly don’t know where they play, geographically or positionally.

Whenever I’ve joined in I end up with at least one who is out for a few months. 

As with Zico, if we pick a team and run with it then I’m good.

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Im pretty sure he was joking Micheal.

If you dont watch prem football, Id probably suggest not taking part ffs 

I wasn't 

I generally look at FF when Bolton are doing shit, and vice versa 

I've not got the enthusiasm for a full season of weekly changes 

What would be good would be an auction like they used to do on the TV show, so no one could have the same player

On 06/08/2022 at 11:05, Zico said:

I wasn't 

I generally look at FF when Bolton are doing shit, and vice versa 

I've not got the enthusiasm for a full season of weekly changes 

What would be good would be an auction like they used to do on the TV show, so no one could have the same player

Weekly Transfers are part of the skill. You have to watch MOTD at least though to see who is doing well otherwise no point in doing it. Already from games played so far Arsenal CH Saliba is a decent pick and Mitrovic will be good value. Also Nico Williams at Forest. They are the key because everyone has the main players like Salah, Haaland, etc.

2 hours ago, Farrelli said:

Weekly Transfers are part of the skill. You have to watch MOTD at least though to see who is doing well otherwise no point in doing it. Already from games played so far Arsenal CH Saliba is a decent pick and Mitrovic will be good value. Also Nico Williams at Forest. They are the key because everyone has the main players like Salah, Haaland, etc.

I don't do FF and don't really watch PL football, but isn't Williams part of a Forest defence that will concede about 100 goals this season?

3 minutes ago, Traf said:

I don't do FF and don't really watch PL football, but isn't Williams part of a Forest defence that will concede about 100 goals this season?

Good cheap option and Forest will surprise a few people. He is a good wing back and will get some assists. Of course you build a team with city, Liverpool, Chelsea players but getting points from the lesser players is the trick.

23 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Good cheap option and Forest will surprise a few people. He is a good wing back and will get some assists. Of course you build a team with city, Liverpool, Chelsea players but getting points from the lesser players is the trick.

With 28% ownership he isn’t really an unknown quantity.

Patterson is as low as 3% and he will likely play a lot of games for the people’s club, especially with the injuries they have.

Vestergaard another option if he moves to another PL club.

• Site Supporter

Next time our Last Man Standing comes around I’ll put a link up. It’s a no-need-for-knowledge fantasy football game. Tenner in and all you do is pick a Prem team to win. Once you pick a team you can’t pick them again until a new game starts.

Once we’re down to two left in they can split the pot or keep going.