Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cambridge (A)

burnden

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, Cheshirewhite said:

Getting the train, is best bet Spoons in town and then a taxi to the ground ?

Nah, you can do better than that,

punt down the Cam, cocktails in Grantchester, personal rickshaw to the ground.

37 minutes ago, Cheshirewhite said:

Getting the train, is best bet Spoons in town and then a taxi to the ground ?

I posted a link earlier that basically details a stroll from the station to the ground with 4 or 5 pubs plus a chippy on the way. 

• Site Supporter

If anything, I'd say local Wetherspoons are exactly the places the local police would like you to be so everyone is in one place. I’d much rather have a civilised chat and not have some spotty fifteen year old bellowing, “White Army!” down my lughole because that’s the extent of his singing repertoire.

29 minutes ago, MickyD said:

If anything, I'd say local Wetherspoons are exactly the places the local police would like you to be so everyone is in one place. I’d much rather have a civilised chat and not have some spotty fifteen year old bellowing, “White Army!” down my lughole because that’s the extent of his singing repertoire.

In one. Might be anti social but I’ve long since made a habit of trying to avoid any pubs with big gatherings of away fans 

4 minutes ago, burnden said:

1200 sold so far.

Some going, that 👍 

3 hours ago, Steejay said:

Nah, you can do better than that,

punt down the Cam, cocktails in Grantchester, personal rickshaw to the ground.

Suckling Airways (now BA) used to do daily flights Manchester - Cambridge (airport near to the ground)

Another 3 points would be massive at this stage of the season, really important that we keep up the momentum if we want to be challenging for anything meaningful.

Shame that we don’t have the likes of Bakayoko and Amaechi. Hopefully no more injuries until we get some bodies in

“The entrance to the away section is reached by walking along a path through Coldham Common, which is a field that is used from time to time to graze cows (well judging from the number of cow pats!). Not much fun at the best times and especially when it is a bit more difficult to see for those night games! On looking at the ground from the main Newmarket Road then the path to the away sections is down the right-hand side of the ground.”

Trainer considerations.

33 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

“The entrance to the away section is reached by walking along a path through Coldham Common, which is a field that is used from time to time to graze cows (well judging from the number of cow pats!). Not much fun at the best times and especially when it is a bit more difficult to see for those night games! On looking at the ground from the main Newmarket Road then the path to the away sections is down the right-hand side of the ground.”

Trainer considerations.

The path is tarmac

40 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Getting there early and doing a fitness class that meets at Coldham Common; is there places to park there that I can leave the car for the day then get away quickly after the game?

Fitness class!?! Not the pub?

There is housing estates off coldhams Lane and Newmarket road you might be able to park on for free, but lots of roads are residents only around Cambridge and will be patrolled. 

If you park that side easiest route out would probably past the airport to the A14 or through Fen Ditton to the A14 which you can get on west bound

14 minutes ago, captainmed said:

FFS is this everyone’s first away game?

Staggering amount of questions and panicking…..

Stop moaning 😎 nowt wrong with getting the up front info from a local white. 

Anyway I shall be hopefully in the Town by about 11ish where you going for breakfast