Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cambridge (A)

burnden

27 minutes ago, captainmed said:

Rode into town with the wrong attitude.

As normal, we concede first. It’s now 4 games out of 5.

Not one ounce of creativity in the whole team.

Lose to a team that are the favourites to be relegated, and in my opinion will be.

Awful result.

A little bit like the Grimsby performance last season, confident Evatt will sort it. Incoming striker please. 

12 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Really dont get the drama, on twatter mainly. Another day the amount of pressure we had would lead to a goal no problem.

Think people forget theres an opposition with a plan in place to counteract our system. They did a job on Shehan and same on Dapo. 

As for the fans, I saw and heard nothing but great support. We've had nob heads shouting silly things for 120 years, tell em shut the fuck up and they normally do.

Saw nothing yesterday to make me panic. Falling asleep in the first half simply cost us the match.

That was the annoying thing about their goal , we'd had a warning before with the disallowed goal and then they do the same thing 2 minutes later on the opposite wing.

But like as been said elsewhere, we'll play worse and win.

• Site Supporter

Just feel we need to run at defenders more in the last third to open teams up. Dapo started the 2nd half on fire & they couldn't cope then he disappeared until the last 10 minutes but yesterday the main problem was the quality of our crossing. Gethin Jones was nothing short of abysmal in that department.... Plenty of practice on the training ground required & hopefully we will be more effective. 

We are definitely still work in progress & players are still finding their feet...... It'll be reet! 

• Site Supporter

Had a fan next to me that was applauding and cheering them and the ref all the way though,  was about to say something then realised he had a few "additional needs".

Didn't hear any booing at ours, plenty at the ref and their time wasting antics. 

They had a game plan which they executed well and if we done get the shots, we're not going to win. Much as I like Doyle and he runs his socks off, I don't think it's working. 

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

I asked them had they seen Rudy ... reaction > 🤷

Was Rudy there yesterday? Did he have a grey t-shirt on?

19 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

. Much as I like Doyle and he runs his socks off, I don't think it's working. 

He’s got to play. We have a song! 😜

Fairly balanced on here generally compared to elsewhere. 

I was discussing Gethin Jones at H/T gets into a lot of great positions but his delivery was woeful yesterday. A bit like the Lincoln game we had lots of possession but hardly worked the keeper. Unlike others I have no issue playing the ball out from the back but once Baptiste came on was less happy as he does not look comfortable doing it. 

The issue for me was decision making in the final 3rd but as second top scorers in the division not sure we need massive changes. With Comely and Crawford being shown the door hopefully we get the right ones in as well. 

For a promoted team we have made a very solid start and with a few small tweaks things will improve. Support was 100% by us 

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Yeah I did

Le coc sportif or some other sports brand?

you were stood behind me if so. Problem is, all I have to go on as a descriptor is from on here; young lad, mixed race. Very difficult to walk up to a random lad of mixed race and ask, “Are you Rudy?” I nearly did.

• Members
4 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Was you there yesterday ?, didn't see you and I had a right good look for you at h/t and the final whistle, that path coming out the ground though..... wow!

Ipswich away, there won't be many... or less than we've taken so far, should be easier to seek you out 👀

Yeah I was there be there at Ipswich as well 

1 minute ago, MickyD said:

Le coc sportif or some other sports brand?

you were stood behind me if so. Problem is, all I have to go on as a descriptor is from on here; young lad, mixed race. Very difficult to walk up to a random lad of mixed race and ask, “Are you Rudy?” I nearly did.

Paul & shark just do it 😂

1 hour ago, dusan nikolic said:

That was the annoying thing about their goal , we'd had a warning before with the disallowed goal and then they do the same thing 2 minutes later on the opposite wing.

That's what I thought at the time. it appeared identical from where I was sat behind the goal but looks less similar on the highlights

35 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Kachunga, he looked void of any confidence, if ever a player needed a goal it's this fella, saw him close up yesterday and he looks shot. 

Hoping Evatt can get him up to speed, but I have a feeling it's gonna take some time, from that sense we definitely need another striker in.

Kachunga came on and we didn't play the ball to him, surely part of the plan to substitute must be to change the game?

From my elevated position, I thought his positional play was pretty good with lots of good movement. Watched him running into spaces as he ended up looking for the ball rather than being played into the game by his team mates.

14 hours ago, Dimron said:

Cambridge made their opportunities count, I'm certain I saw Dixon saving but it's becoming a haze. Their keeper pissed me off in the second half.

Going to have to look at some highlights... that should take about 3 minutes, on second bottle now 

Just watched the highlights... didn't look as bad as I remembered it last night, still didn't score though

Just now, Mr Grey said:

Good points, I was on the side terrace and he just seemed to be short on confidence, in no way I'm having a pop at him, it's just taking time for him to settle in, hopefully it will work out and we have a top player.

For the short  time he was on the park he seemed to start to "fit" more. Agree that he needs more match time, what's happening about our ressies?

2 hours ago, captainmed said:

Rode into town with the wrong attitude.

Perhaps we should refrain from singing E I E I O? Probably just winds up the opposition who'll be thinking "We'll show Billy Big Boots" It is only August!

At least wait until Easter

• Site Supporter
29 minutes ago, Dimron said:

Kachunga came on and we didn't play the ball to him, surely part of the plan to substitute must be to change the game?

From my elevated position, I thought his positional play was pretty good with lots of good movement. Watched him running into spaces as he ended up looking for the ball rather than being played into the game by his team mates.

Quite liking him from what I've seen. Runs round  and gets into space,  more of a forward than a striker, 

Clearly up for the game even to the point where he was fetching the ball to avoid time wasting. 

Would love to see him start uptop.