Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cambridge (A)

burnden

• Moderators
Just now, MickyD said:

Which leads to the next question. What the hell happened to Bolton Babe. Did she fuck off with the former poster and ex-Clackervalve Allstar, ShyTalk?

Did you not mean me?

13 hours ago, MickyD said:

Right, first mixed race lad I see in Ipswich or Portsmouth gets asked. I might be slightly more cryptic though and just mention Bolton Babe.

He will be wearing a Ronaldo shirt and mask 

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Thing is, when Evatt first came in, and after watching those Barrowcelona videos, he actually stressed how if it wasn't working he would change it in-play, he sort of does, but not to an extent where we go direct or change our tactics that its noticeable, it more subtle, a player that was wide suddenly goes more in-field  etc... etc...

He has a way of playing, thats his philosophy and sometimes teams like Cambridge will nullify us, so it's important we score first or we don't concede early doors.

For the record I'm loving the way we play, give me this football than anything Parkinson and Hill could serve up, which was thoroughlydepressing.

I'm happy were we are at, we aren't gonna win every game and when we lose its disappointing. 

Perspective needed.

#IESWA

Perspective is that a top half finish is an achievement for a newly promoted, playoff team.

Once this team settles,  the plans going to just take hold. 

• Site Supporter

Some more from IE, which explains some of the frustration we felt regarding not creating more chances and not making the most of the times we did get behind them:

“When teams camp up like that, you’re not going to create chance after chance, it’s not going to be like an Oxford or a Lincoln game where they’re coming at you and we can pick them off on transition,” he said. “This is sometimes what it is going to be like at these smaller clubs and they are going to camp in and make it really tough for you.

“That is where the first goal in these games is absolutely vital. Today we conceded it and cost ourselves.”

“We just need to be better at what we do and not get embroiled in things we can’t affect - officials, opposition crowd, opposition players,” he said.

“I thought at times we became a bit disjointed and that there was a lack of discipline.

“And because of those factors where we should have just focussed on us, concentrate on us being good, we lost our composure and way a little bit.”

• Site Supporter
37 minutes ago, desperado said:

Some more from IE, which explains some of the frustration we felt regarding not creating more chances and not making the most of the times we did get behind them:

“When teams camp up like that, you’re not going to create chance after chance, it’s not going to be like an Oxford or a Lincoln game where they’re coming at you and we can pick them off on transition,” he said. “This is sometimes what it is going to be like at these smaller clubs and they are going to camp in and make it really tough for you.

“That is where the first goal in these games is absolutely vital. Today we conceded it and cost ourselves.”

“We just need to be better at what we do and not get embroiled in things we can’t affect - officials, opposition crowd, opposition players,” he said.

“I thought at times we became a bit disjointed and that there was a lack of discipline.

“And because of those factors where we should have just focussed on us, concentrate on us being good, we lost our composure and way a little bit.”

Don't get embroiled with the officials... From the man who got booked after the game 😂

• The topic was unpinned