Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Cambridge (A)


burnden
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Had a grey T-shirt on

Was you there yesterday ?, didn't see you and I had a right good look for you at h/t and the final whistle, that path coming out the ground though..... wow!

Ipswich away, there won't be many... or less than we've taken so far, should be easier to seek you out 👀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Yeah I did

Le coc sportif or some other sports brand?

you were stood behind me if so. Problem is, all I have to go on as a descriptor is from on here; young lad, mixed race. Very difficult to walk up to a random lad of mixed race and ask, “Are you Rudy?” I nearly did.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
4 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Was you there yesterday ?, didn't see you and I had a right good look for you at h/t and the final whistle, that path coming out the ground though..... wow!

Ipswich away, there won't be many... or less than we've taken so far, should be easier to seek you out 👀

Yeah I was there be there at Ipswich as well 

1 minute ago, MickyD said:

Le coc sportif or some other sports brand?

you were stood behind me if so. Problem is, all I have to go on as a descriptor is from on here; young lad, mixed race. Very difficult to walk up to a random lad of mixed race and ask, “Are you Rudy?” I nearly did.

Paul & shark just do it 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dusan nikolic said:

That was the annoying thing about their goal , we'd had a warning before with the disallowed goal and then they do the same thing 2 minutes later on the opposite wing.

That's what I thought at the time. it appeared identical from where I was sat behind the goal but looks less similar on the highlights

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Kachunga, he looked void of any confidence, if ever a player needed a goal it's this fella, saw him close up yesterday and he looks shot. 

Hoping Evatt can get him up to speed, but I have a feeling it's gonna take some time, from that sense we definitely need another striker in.

Kachunga came on and we didn't play the ball to him, surely part of the plan to substitute must be to change the game?

From my elevated position, I thought his positional play was pretty good with lots of good movement. Watched him running into spaces as he ended up looking for the ball rather than being played into the game by his team mates.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Dimron said:

Cambridge made their opportunities count, I'm certain I saw Dixon saving but it's becoming a haze. Their keeper pissed me off in the second half.

Going to have to look at some highlights... that should take about 3 minutes, on second bottle now 

Just watched the highlights... didn't look as bad as I remembered it last night, still didn't score though

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Dimron said:

Kachunga came on and we didn't play the ball to him, surely part of the plan to substitute must be to change the game?

From my elevated position, I thought his positional play was pretty good with lots of good movement. Watched him running into spaces as he ended up looking for the ball rather than being played into the game by his team mates.

Good points, I was on the side terrace and he just seemed to be short on confidence, in no way I'm having a pop at him, it's just taking time for him to settle in, hopefully it will work out and we have a top player.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Mr Grey said:

Good points, I was on the side terrace and he just seemed to be short on confidence, in no way I'm having a pop at him, it's just taking time for him to settle in, hopefully it will work out and we have a top player.

For the short  time he was on the park he seemed to start to "fit" more. Agree that he needs more match time, what's happening about our ressies?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, captainmed said:

Rode into town with the wrong attitude.

 

Perhaps we should refrain from singing E I E I O? Probably just winds up the opposition who'll be thinking "We'll show Billy Big Boots" It is only August!

At least wait until Easter

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
29 minutes ago, Dimron said:

Kachunga came on and we didn't play the ball to him, surely part of the plan to substitute must be to change the game?

From my elevated position, I thought his positional play was pretty good with lots of good movement. Watched him running into spaces as he ended up looking for the ball rather than being played into the game by his team mates.

Quite liking him from what I've seen. Runs round  and gets into space,  more of a forward than a striker, 

Clearly up for the game even to the point where he was fetching the ball to avoid time wasting. 

Would love to see him start uptop. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, only1swanny said:

Quite liking him from what I've seen. Runs round  and gets into space,  more of a forward than a striker, 

Clearly up for the game even to the point where he was fetching the ball to avoid time wasting. 

Would love to see him start uptop. 

Agreed, I forgot about that, he was re-spotting for that bloody annoying keeper

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ani said:

Fairly balanced on here generally compared to elsewhere. 
 

I was discussing Gethin Jones at H/T gets into a lot of great positions but his delivery was woeful yesterday. A bit like the Lincoln game we had lots of possession but hardly worked the keeper. Unlike others I have no issue playing the ball out from the back but once Baptiste came on was less happy as he does not look comfortable doing it. 
 

The issue for me was decision making in the final 3rd but as second top scorers in the division not sure we need massive changes. With Comely and Crawford being shown the door hopefully we get the right ones in as well. 
 

For a promoted team we have made a very solid start and with a few small tweaks things will improve. Support was 100% by us 

Sheehan to, corner's etc weren't great, to deep of down keepers throat?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Speaking of seeing people

let on to Micky he just walked past me😀

Seen so many folk yesterday fair few off here and some from years back love away days 

Great to see a coach full of all the old boys still at it. Big Clive and Denbo etc

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, L/H White said:

Great to see you pal

Yes, mate, really good to see you after such a long time.

Support was immense again yesterday, plenty of encouragement all round.

Reading some comments on here puzzle me, though. I don't see how a new striker changes that result much. We don't create anything like enough for Doyle, who is a decent lower league strikers. Lower league strikers don't convert every chance they get, but we're just not creating enough.

Our possession play is excellent, we get into some great positions, we just lack a little composure when it comes to delivering that final ball and we can be a bit too cautious in our approach making our attacks look pedestrian at times.

But I wasn't disappointed at the effort yesterday and we've made a good start to the season in my book.

Spoke to some of their fans after the game and I suggested that whilst it was great for them to get 3pts the surely they can't enjoy watching that version of Parky-ball. They said they didn't really enjoy it, but it was necessary against us, because if they played an open game, we'd batter them.

Sometimes, you've just got to take that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Casino unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.