Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Happy Wanderer - Rest in peace 😢😢

Horwich

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, waddy256 said:

I remember way back when I was a member of a couple of Bolton forums that no longer exist....after a bit of research looking for another I learned that Wanderersways had more members than any other football club forum in the world . So I joined .

There was a European cup game that I couldnt get to , and Happy called me personally to tell me that he would get me on a chartered flight . He didnt know me , I didnt know him other than as an admin on here. But sure as shit ...a man of his word he got me there and back . 

He will never remember me , but I will always remember him !

Thankyou  Happy !

Great little tale.

Met Neil on a few occasions and he's always been a top fella.

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket

I rarely post nowadays but this site has been a mainstay for me in terms of keeping in touch with all things BWFC, and throughout the last 18 years I’ve laughed, cried, and everything in between so thanks Neil, I met you once or twice, and god bless. Hope the site prospers after this great legacy you gave us. Thank you 

1 hour ago, zurichwhite said:

I rarely post nowadays but this site has been a mainstay for me in terms of keeping in touch with all things BWFC, and throughout the last 18 years I’ve laughed, cried, and everything in between so thanks Neil, I met you once or twice, and god bless. Hope the site prospers after this great legacy you gave us. Thank you 

Nice Post mate. 

This site is just something else! I don't post much compared to others but love having a scroll through and reading the weird and wonderful. 

We see the funny and stupid, the cheeky and irritating, the best and worse in people. I love it.

I've never met Neil before but would like to thank him for bringing us Wanderers together by creating this forum.

Terribly sad news. 

Really I'm just echoing everything already said here. This site has been amazing for so many of us and that's Neil's legacy as well as his family. 

I think I might have had some conversation in guimaraes or some other European away after too many beers but never more than that but definitely seen his face on many away game. 

I hope his final day's are painless and as peaceful as possible. 

Top wanderer! 

• Site Supporter

Let’s hope that miracles do happen.

Whatever the future holds, Neil will have left a legacy that will never be forgotten.

Bringing so many folks together with a common love. 

FV’s motto of ‘’One Community “ could almost have been borrowed from Neil’s vision.

Love to the family. x

Aye it's worth pointing out this site has brought together many, many people in the real world. Met folk off here in Dubai, Hong Kong, Christchurch, Perth as well as in Bolton and the rest of England. 

Unofficial Happy Tours e.g. Sofia to Skopje, official Happy Tours Lisbon day trip. The site kills an hour or so every day, more for some. It's responsible for so much. 

• Members

Awful news. Lovely lad Neil. Only met him around half a dozen times during visits back to Bolton but always a top lad with great humour and BWFC to the core.

From the other side of the globe, thoughts are with the family and those amazing girls of his.

I don't think Neil will ever understand what a big impact he's had on so many people's lives - and the lasting friendships that have been made through his work setting up this site. Such sad news to hear about his condition. 

I've never had the privilege to meet him - but I feel like I owe him a lot...........

3 hours ago, Smiley said:

Gutted to read the last update. 

I think we really owe it to him & his family to get a Sportman’s (sic) dinner organised, and raise some funds for his loved ones. 

It was at one of the Sportsman’s dinners (some ladies were present) that I first met Neil. Persuaded me to advertise on the site, which I did gladly and then met him on many other occasions. 
The dinners allowed many on here to actually meet fellow posters. Went to a few more after.
Its a great idea. 

Dont post much but I'm gutted to read this, just to echo what others have said really, I've been on here nearly 20 years and met so many sound people, its made me really feel part of something, those friendships have enhanced my life never mind going to the match. I've lost count of the number of times someone on here has been down on their luck and people have rushed in to offer support, or the money raised for charity as well. I'll be forever grateful to Happy for the friendships I've made through here, I'm someone he's only met fleetingly yet he's made a big difference to my life.. as someone else said that is some legacy