Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Happy Wanderer - Rest in peace 😢😢

Horwich

• Members
Just now, SatanGreavsie said:

That would be good. Shorter, for those a bit knackered, but long enough to get attention, keeps it "in house", can shake buckets at passers by etc (though that's tougher nowadays as people will have less physical change on them, though publicity could encourage them to dig out their old stashes - might be happy to get rid of stuff).

Maybe other club forums could help, though possibly we've spent too long slagging them off 🙂

Though the forum of the team we're playing that day could be involved, especially if they have no great beef against us. Sunderland in January?

Are the "vloggers" still going? They have reach beyond just Bolton...

Yeah town to the unibol sounds good

39 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

In essence yes.

Only concern would be the obvious with it being against Wigan. Wouldn't want anything to detract from the effort etc.

Alternatively, a walk fron town centre to the unibol, match and maybe event there afterwards?

Latics fans did the same route in reverse for Joseph’s Goal the other year and were well received with plenty of donations from BWFC fans tbf.

Bolton to UniBolt might be better though, if nothing else because it means it can be done sooner. 

1 hour ago, Horwich said:

Stejay 👏👏

Ste has magaged to secure a £1000 donation from someone at BWFC who wishes to remain anonymous 👏👏

The donation will be made very soon

BWFC have also donated some prizes for us to auction. We will post more info asap

Here is the message Neils daughter has just sent me

Oh my goodness Stu, we are absolutely speechless. Thanks do not even cover it, my mum is in tears. Please can you thank everyone for us, especially Stejay. We honestly can’t even comprehend how much wanderers ways have done for us in the past few days, thank you all so much

😢👏

Love that

SteJay that's class mate

Let's have it right it's a proper shit situation, but I think this is when we're best

• Site Supporter
22 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Latics fans did the same route in reverse for Joseph’s Goal the other year and were well received with plenty of donations from BWFC fans tbf.

Bolton to UniBolt might be better though, if nothing else because it means it can be done sooner. 

Aye.

Perhaps the club would allow buckets to be passed around the stands or at turnstiles beforehand too?

54 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Aye.

Perhaps the club would allow buckets to be passed around the stands or at turnstiles beforehand too?

Aye, that's what I was thinking with a game like Sunderland; if it's highlighted on their forum (RTG has a shed load go on it) and 4k of the buggers turn up encouraged to dig out spare change, then that's a significant amount could get "bucketed" in the space of an hour or so

• Members
4 minutes ago, SatanGreavsie said:

Aye, that's what I was thinking with a game like Sunderland; if it's highlighted on their forum (RTG has a shed load go on it) and 4k of the buggers turn up encouraged to dig out spare change, then that's a significant amount could get "bucketed" in the space of an hour or so

That’s quality. We’re cooking on gas now 

6 hours ago, Steejay said:

Embarrassed. It’s not my money, I just made the contact.

BUT, it just reinforces the fact that this club is in the hands of bloody good folk who care and have a lot of class.

Proud to be a Wanderer, indeed.

Quality that you even thought to contact someone at the club ( i think i can guess who it was!)

Well played Steejay, great result.

4 hours ago, bolton_blondie said:

Plans sound amazing 👏👏👏

Yeh, apart from the actual walk obvs.

• Members
12 hours ago, Steejay said:

Embarrassed. It’s not my money, I just made the contact.

BUT, it just reinforces the fact that this club is in the hands of bloody good folk who care and have a lot of class.

Proud to be a Wanderer, indeed.

Top work mate. As we all know, this place is special.