Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Happy Wanderer - Rest in peace 😢😢

Horwich

• Site Supporter
21 minutes ago, Francis Fogarty said:

I was there but didn't go in the church. I only called to see him in.

Were you on the corner at the top of that little street ? I was the bloke sat on his own on the wall.

You should’ve let on. Take a risk like we did with @burnden 

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Underpants said:

Just got back from the service. As them things go it was ok. WWs gets a mention. It was said that Neil was happy the site would continue. MickyD, Big City Girl, Smiley, Little Whitt, Victor Meldrew & Burnden were there.

Farewell, Neil.

Quite funny really, when the Priest told of Neil’s passion for the Wanderers. He told us he’d even told his wife never to try to come between him and his team. In closing, he told us Neil was very much a Happy Wanderer! 

I hope it was a passing reference to his user name on here rather than his state of mind when watching the Whites.

2 hours ago, Francis Fogarty said:

I was there but didn't go in the church. I only called to see him in.

Were you on the corner at the top of that little street ? I was the bloke sat on his own on the wall.

Spotted you and did wonder. Pity we didn’t get chance to say hello.

I was thinking I hadn't had the pleasure of meeting Neil but it dawned on me the other day that I probably had.

In the very early days of this board 2002 ish(?) they put a request out for someone to join a Wanderers quiz team on ITV digital at Granada studios.  I went along and there was Neil, Den(?) as 2 older guys, me and a young lad and lass there.  I keep hoping it'll pop up on YouTube one day. 

On 02/12/2021 at 13:48, Duck Egg said:

I was thinking I hadn't had the pleasure of meeting Neil but it dawned on me the other day that I probably had.

In the very early days of this board 2002 ish(?) they put a request out for someone to join a Wanderers quiz team on ITV digital at Granada studios.  I went along and there was Neil, Den(?) as 2 older guys, me and a young lad and lass there.  I keep hoping it'll pop up on YouTube one day. 

Possibly Biffo was one of the other older chaps. Another Wanderer who’s passed. 🥲

• 2 weeks later...
  • The topic was unpinned