Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Oxford U’s (H)

Burndens Bogs

• Site Supporter
46 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Aye, normally August footy is all shirt sleeves and shielding the sun from your eyes if your in the ESL ( or those in the west stand take 1 less blanket)

Not this summer, it's been shi' ite.

I blame Putin.

Can't remember a rainy season opener prior to this. Thought it was law that the sun shone.

Strangely though, in years past, it has rained a fair bit in August. I remember a military tattoo type thing at leverhulme as part of a summer festival. Two chieftain tanks (I think) firing blanks at each other but ruining the pitches. Other times lorries etc digging trenches in the soaked grass after heavy summer rain.

Just not on the opening day.

1 hour ago, tomski said:

Garvan or Coke. Not sure Coke came from Palace though

Fucking Garvan.

That penalty at Wolves tipped me over the edge. Piss weak straight at the keeper, ball came back to him and he feebly tapped it straight back at the keeper who was still lying on the floor.

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, Traf said:

Fucking Garvan.

That penalty at Wolves tipped me over the edge. Piss weak straight at the keeper, ball came back to him and he feebly tapped it straight back at the keeper who was still lying on the floor.

4 days after Joe Mason had banged 3 against Rotherham, also a penalty taker and on the pitch.

Freedman is a clown. I keep wanting Palace to fail just for him

Presume the team today will be the same as Tuesday but with Isgrove in for Baka and John back in for Gordon, if fit.

It would be good to see that defence, with Dixon behind, settle and play some consecutive matches together.

3-1 Dapo, Doyle, Kachunga