Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Oxford U’s (H)

Burndens Bogs

3 hours ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Sat on half way line, their mon definitely offside, didn't see the handball mind until later, changing seats to east stand upper big mistake, apparently calling opposition players cheating cunts is frowned upon up there.

Regardless of where you sit in the stadium , calling an opposition player a C**t is unacceptable. 

It is not banter , not even funny , did you miss the Respect campaign. I am sure Sharon would be impressed to hear you shout that .

Call him a cheat , but show a bit of respect and class.

Shout me down if you want, but it ain't funny 

Edited by Nottm_Wanderer
Typo

• Members
4 minutes ago, Nottm_Wanderer said:

Regardless of where you sit in the stadium , calling an opposition player a C**t is unacceptable. 

It is not banter , not even funny , did you miss the Respect campaign. I am sure Sharon would be impressed to hear you shout that .

Behave yourself 

7 minutes ago, Nottm_Wanderer said:

Cunt 

7 minutes ago, Nottm_Wanderer said:

All cunts matter

6 minutes ago, Nottm_Wanderer said:

Paid their money, shout what they want imo. There’s always been a bit of bad language at football matches, & there always will be.

15 minutes ago, Nottm_Wanderer said:

I'll shout you down, it's not fucking crown green bowling, it's the nitty gritty of being a football supporter, stick to clapping getting nearest the fucking Jack

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Nottm_Wanderer said:

I understand where you're coming from, but the odd  expletive in the heat of the moment isn't crime of the century.

At one point yesterday, the ref gave an incorrect decision against our full back. He had just tackled their player and was advancing into the area with a shooting opportunity. 

I try to be phlegmatic on refereeing decisions, but that one was a bad un, and I was up with the rest, suggesting he masturbated frequently. 

It wasn't the worst of behaviours, though in a different setting it wouldn't be acceptable. 

At a football match though, people do get exercised on occasions, and allowances have to be made. Folk letting off steam on a Saturday. 

2 hours ago, Nottm_Wanderer said:

Cunt!

• The topic was unpinned
8 hours ago, Mantra said:

Funny how fast things change in football

He was being questioned not 2 weeks ago 😂

Anyway not sure I agree sir, thought our GKs were always decent even on our downward spiral, Al Habsi, Bogdan, Alnwick, Howard.

Matthews and Amos were a bit dodgy, granted.

Having said that I think Dixon has improved with each game he’s played. Not made any worldie saves but his distribution is infinitely better than Gilks and doesn’t have the meltiness of Crellin. Also… he’s a catcher not a puncher of crosses which I love!

Got caught in no man’s land for their goal but I’ll let him off 😃

Out of all those goalies I only think one of them went on to bigger and better things (briefly) and that was Adam Bogdan.

Was proud to have got this goalies name in one of those online quizzes that appeared on here about a year ago, Paul Rachubka but don't remember anything about him playing or anybody commenting on him.

(The question was something like name all the post-Jaaskelainen goalies that played for us)

Edited by DavidLeesMullet

3 hours ago, Nottm_Wanderer said:

Mad cunt

• Site Supporter

Has nobody mentioned the Harvey Price look-alike amongst the Oxford crowd? You shouldn’t laugh, in fact, MrsD didn’t, but he was an absolute ringer. Even the gang of lads he was sitting with were pissing themselves laughing.

57 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Has nobody mentioned the Harvey Price look-alike amongst the Oxford crowd? You shouldn’t laugh, in fact, MrsD didn’t, but he was an absolute ringer. Even the gang of lads he was sitting with were pissing themselves laughing.

Would that be worse than calling someone a cunt? 😉

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Traf said:

Would that be worse than calling someone a cunt? 😉

I’d say picking out a lad to get the abuse is infinitely worse than calling a referee, who is probably out of earshot anyway, a cunt.

20 minutes ago, MickyD said:

I’d say picking out a lad to get the abuse is infinitely worse than calling a referee, who is probably out of earshot anyway, a cunt.

So the shouting of "cunt", clearly upsetting some if those around you, is targetted at someone you know full well can't hear it ?

... & it's the ones around you who are acting irrationally ?

Just checking that I have this right.

• Site Supporter
40 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

So the shouting of "cunt", clearly upsetting some if those around you, is targetted at someone you know full well can't hear it ?

... & it's the ones around you who are acting irrationally ?

Just checking that I have this right.

I didn’t say calling a ref who wouldn’t hear it in front of fans who would was ok, I said singling one Harvey Price look-alike for personal abuse was worse. You haven’t yet caused me to change my mind.

Jesus have we really reached a stage where abusing players and calling them names is not part of going the game ? 

If a player from another teams hacks one of players down, dives for a penalty, gives it large in front of our fans for me reason he will get called a cunt 100% of the time by me. Will I call him a cunt just because he plays for another team ? No, but if he acts the cunt he will get called a cunt. 

if a player gives it large after getting a tonne of abuse really have no problem with it, works both ways. 

The Oxford globetrotter who scored for them after a handball is also a cunt  

57 minutes ago, MickyD said:

I didn’t say calling a ref who wouldn’t hear it in front of fans who would was ok, I said singling one Harvey Price look-alike for personal abuse was worse. You haven’t yet caused me to change my mind.

Neither is good. But the one you're responsible for is ... well ... YOUR responsibility. You can chose not to.

The other idiots, albeit 'only' at a lookalike not the actual unfortunate child of Dwight Yorke, are not in your ability to stop. I admire that you see it as distasteful.