Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

A View From The Other Side

matty2094

I realise some of you may have zero interest in this which is fair enough but from time to time I like to have a snoop on OppositionWays out of curiosity. Thought it was worth compiling some together which I'll do in this thread whenever I get chance. 

Seems like Lincoln have some pretty level headed fans but then one or two absolutely bitter fuckers. 

Pick of the bunch includes:

THE BITTER

How about 10 points deducted for every £million of debt a club has?
Wonder just how low these perennial cheats would drop?

Bolton stayed in Lincoln last night. Not leaving much to chance.

No that was so they could rack up extra debt.

Surely we can't lose to these cheats?
Why are they not on multiple minus points?

I'd rather be us than them. How long do they have to pay their debt?

The simple truth is, as much as the away fans won't want to admit it, we lost to one of those vile clubs tonight. One of those that has spent beyond their means, and clearly continues to do so.

THE PRAISE

Good game. Shit result.
By the standards of last season Bolton should be pushing for promotion. But then that was last season.

Beaten by the better team. Good to see a big away following.

FT. Good game. Credit to Bolton - they did enough to control the game throughout, although we had some bright moments, especially in the first half. They also scored at exactly the right time and managed the game out. 

Bolton also look like a really good side who should be in the top half of the table.

I have backed Bolton to win the league as I think they are a decent team. They looked like a very settled team that are used to winning.

Taken from https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/match-thread-lincoln-city-v-bolton-wanderers.117675/page-25 

Good thread, I also like to have a snoop at what our opponents have to say about us. Wimbledon were complimentary about our team & our support.

To be fair to Lincoln, those clueless, bitter bellends seem to be a very small minority & most accepted the result & praised our support.

1 hour ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I kinda like it that other teams fans don’t like us, i’d hate to be everyones little favourite 2nd team.

”No one likes us, we don’t care”

Fuck ‘em.

We've had our deductions and embargoes. Luckily saved and are on he right track. If that pisses off small time clubs... Like you said... fuck'em.

• Members
23 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Do pompey come in for the same stick or are people generally happy they survived? They are a proper club too.

I don’t mind Pompey, met some great Pompey fans over the years.

We always had good battles with them when we were both in the prem

On 19/08/2021 at 22:58, wanderer1984 said:

Nice thread. 😂 ... I love it. Up the piss boiling Whites.

668588966_SmartSelect_20210819-225328_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.a5c58eb599e9aeb973796f84628202da.jpg

Lincoln, along with Doncaster & Peterborough ... & probably a couple I can't recall ... really gave us a kicking whilst at our lowest ebb.

I will guffaw why their delusions explode in their face & they start sliding back to where they came from as we pass them.

56 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Lincoln, along with Doncaster & Peterborough ... & probably a couple I can't recall ... really gave us a kicking whilst at our lowest ebb.

I will guffaw why their delusions explode in their face & they start sliding back to where they came from as we pass them.

Odd isn't it. But then most that cry about our new set up probably don't know the facts of the last few years. They don't know everything that went on and only see a club in debt and it not being paid back.

Our club is on the up and they can't handle it.... poor sods, its sooo unfair 🙄😂

I like this game already. This lot seem pretty neutral towards us to be fair bar the odd one or two. All comments taken from https://yellowsforum.co.uk/threads/21-8-21-l1-bolton-wanderers-v-oufc.6195/

PRE-MATCH

Fancy us today. Bolton, for some reason, seem to be hyped up beyond the actual standard of their performances. They’re leaking goals, and we have won 8 of our last 10. We haven’t conceded from open play and we’re unbeaten this season! 3-1 away win.

Bolton, along with Sheffield Wednesday, Sunderland, Ipswich, Pompey (among a few others) tend to be hyped by wannabe pundits based on those clubs history, not on their recent achievements (or lack of them) , including not featuring in the top two English football leagues this season.... they're all in League 1 for a reason

DURING THE GAME

hope the travelling yellow army remind Doyle he's a scummer 

If the game is this end to end the entire 90 we'll end up double figures each 

What a goal!! Looked handball 😂

Hair seems a bit of a homer

Bolton have a very good forward line, But their defence.......

Theres simply no way Bolton arent going to score

It's exciting but very stressful. I'm glad I'm not a Bolton fan. The heart attack rate in Bolton will be above the UK average this season.

You can see why Bolton score goals but also concede them. They look ridiculously open at the back but dangerous going forwards.

OH FFS ... scum bastard

How the f**k are we not winning this!?

.... Hair is a proper homer

Bolton managing this game really well. A lot of early calls that they would be up there this season, look good calls so far.

FULL TIME/POST MATCH

unlucky to lose today

Undeserved

Just got unlucky today. On another day we would've won that.

Bolton absolutely woeful, worst side we'll play all season and lost. Absolutely shocking how many easy chances we've missed. Little bit embarrassed we've gifted them 3 points. Need a big response next game.

Fucj me how did we lose that? Should have been 8-3 or something

Bolton dominated the last 10 minutes of the first half and the 10 minutes after they scored the second, but otherwise it sounded like we were by far the stronger side.

I bet you they are top half.
There will be lots of worse teams we will play this season

Bolton seem like a similar side to us - threatening in attack, porous in defence. You cannot try to defend a lead in a game like this, you have to keep on the attack and *score*. How we missed all of those chances, Lord alone knows.

Gifted a Bolton side who I thought were good but leaky as hell (not unlike MK Dons last year) 3 points.

I watched the game and we didn't dominate the game at all. It was end to end and could of ended up 5-5. No way we're we worthy of all 3 points. 

The day our limitations came home to roost. Our shooting is shite. Utter shite. As are our corners.

Very frustrating day as Bolton were nothing special.

Bolton were defensively all over the place, it was crying out for Agyei with his pace on the hour mark.

whats really annoying is that damn scummer got what turned out to be the winner

In the build up to their 1st the throw in should have been to us. Decent shot from them but Stevens should have saved it.

Ive a feeling , if we're more or less full strength, we'll absolutely batter Bolton in the return fixture later this season (if they play the same way of course)

No we never gifted them a goal, the first was an absolute cracker and the 2nd a well timed run and decent header.

It was a very entertaining game in which "both" sides missed chances and flowed from end to end.

We can say whyte missed a great chance but so did Doyle who somehow put in wide which should have been 3-1and their sub put it over from 8 yards or so.

unfortunately it the same old same old on here after a defeat and i suspect some revel in it strangely, anyone who watched the game and thought we were shite saw a very different game to me.

Bolton were very useful going forwards, but I can't see them getting promoted this season with that defense - there's more 3-3 draws coming in their future. That's really what the score ought to have been today.

Bolton fans actually made some noise.

We will be up the top end we've got to many good players and a good manager you've got to take your chances

We still haven’t got our best XI starting games, and once we are 10-12 games in we will be seeing teams like Bolton off.

I bet you they are top half.
There will be lots of worse teams we will play this season

Their defence is bottom 4.

Their big centre back santos? won everything in the air. Guess where the majority of our free kicks and corners went. When we played through them we looked like scoring pretty much every time we had the ball.