Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

A View From The Other Side

matty2094

• Site Supporter
37 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

I did spot this little gem on the Sunderland site that I thought summed us up

"Bolton are all fart and no shite"

Actually a bit of reality in that.

Two league games on the bounce, playing well, having lots of ball, but not one goal.

We must improve our end product- though Evatt is perfectly aware of that and will be doing all he can to correct it.

A bit of normal refereeing last night though, and 1 or 2 nil would have provided enough shite and 3 points.

Whilst I find this a very interesting thread and looking at alternative views from other forums isn’t a new thing, I think that maybe there could be a playing to the audience from some of the comments posted.

After all we have on here our own attention seeking look at me type of controversial posters. The DMB twat and hugecunt, spring to mind. 

Right. Finally got to sit down for the night. Too much shit, not enough time.

From Burton Ways, we have...

All I have to say at this time is Financial Fair Play Rules !

(albeit this might be something to do with them being on TV? Not sure.

At the minute I'd take a 0-0 as we're as flat as a pancake. Having a slow back four is pinning us back in our own half.

Brayford sent off. The ref has unfortunately been rather one sided, as you'd expect at a big away ground.

I've got to say I didn't enjoy much of that game and whilst delighted with a point we are not going to win many friends playing like that especially in front of the Sky cameras when we had a chance to show how good we can be.

The worrying thing is that if we had gone 1-0 down at any point in tonight's game it would've been game over. It's one thing not looking like scoring but it's almost as if we're more focused on defending than actually trying to score.

Let’s be honest. We stole a point there.
Should have lost 3 or 4 nil, so we should be delighted.

Tonight confirmed that Blake Tracy shouldn't be near our starting XI

Only on for 5 minutes but was absolutely brain dead and so lucky to not give a penalty 

he gave to ref a decision to make by putting two hands on the players back, but I'm not sure from what I saw that there was sufficient a shove to make the player fall over like that. Not sure he was getting to it anyway as the ball looked like it was going over his head. Far from the absolute nailed on penalty that is being reported and I can see why the ref didn't give it. It was a foolish thing to do though.

All about angles for me. From the camera behind Blake-Tracey it looks bad. From the one facing the goal it looks reasonably innocuous and that Delfounso goes over much too easily.
For the disallowed goal Doyle was offside and I felt impeded Garrett’s opportunity to make the save. The Sky pundits had strong views which probably influenced many.

Well , it's a point . Nothing to be positive about going forward .

I hate being negative, but that was poor. 

Bolton as a club still with outstanding creditors to settle up they shouldn't even be in the league, I just wanted us not to let them take more than a point.

I think Bolton are a good side under Ian Evatt, more so than we have given credit for. They are 10 times our size and to come away from there with a point is still a good result.

Tonight for me was just not football the way I see it. To just set up not to lose a game, get behind the ball, stifle the opposition’s strengths at the expense of playing to ours. No. It’s not for me. We can do better. Or were Bolton just that good?

PS. There is a wonderful irony that Bolton fans are giving us grief for turning up and playing like that when Sam Allardyce basically created that way of playing, kept them in the top flight for a decade and got them into Europe off the back of it. Karma’s a bitch isn’t it.

And now for Mackem ways...

PRE MATCH

We’re forever denied the opportunity to see Declan John play

(Were they linked or something? What's the connection?)

So we're looking for a Bolton win here...

Interested in this one. See how good a lot of peoples dark horse Bolton are.

We’re Bolton we’re barmeh we’re on the piss tonight!

DURING

I know it's the same when we're playing too, but bloody hell the standard of football in this divison is absolutely putrid, isn't it?

It's borderline unwatchable for a neutral.

Santos from bolton ment be class

it takes commitment to watch a match in this division when it’s not Sunderland playing mind. Ranks pretty low on the entertainment scale.

It’s not an easy watch

*a few posts about the ref being a wanker for the offside call*

How’s that been ruled out he’s nowhere near the keeper?

Disgraceful decision, perfectly good goal.

No way was that offside not a chance he was interfering with the keeper

It’s a joke man. If you’re not 100% sure let a perfectly well created and finished goal stand

Disgraceful decision to disallow it. Bolton very impressive, to be honest we battered these but failed to score, god knows how.

If either of these teams finish within 25 points of us, we will have failed in doing our own job.

Bolton look a good footballing side.

Impressed with Bolton, how that got disallowed is a disgrace, only thing I can think is the linesman thought he touched it before it went in. My luck like, backed Bolton

Ian Evatt highley rated manager at this level

100% given offside because of the reaction of the goalkeeper and Burton players.

Bolton could be ones to watch this season.

The Bolton striker has a honking touch.
Also, the quality of the “crosses” is making me think I should be far less critical of Lynden Gooch.

As poor as they’ve been going forward Burton have defended well. Final ball from Bolton has let them down

Very little quality displayed from either team. 

Never been so confident we are going up this year, these two are some of the better sides and are abysmal.

That number 5 for Bolton is absolutely shite

That Kachunga doesn’t seem to have much desire to attack a ball mind.

Bolton’s defence is really dodgy.

As if the referee missed that. 

Where’s the ref from or he’s had pound on Burton

That’s a push. Penna surely

This ref is absolutely useless. He was a chef he would confuse the spoon and fork.

Burton very tenacious, Bolton, for all the ball they had, clueless.

Bolton players heading ability certainly lacking in the the last 10 minutes. Glorious chances went begging.

You looked superb. A real threat to the league for the season to come

bolton played really well but your strikers are very poor..

Got to say I thought Bolton looked a very decent side.
Lacked a finisher, but play football on the deck, plenty pace, and strong overall. My Ipswich mate thinks they're gonna bladder you Satday, but what he vases that on, I have no idea.

i can only coment on what i saw last night.. that sarcevic is dreadfull.. i asumed he was a striker.. 

1 hour ago, matty2094 said:

And now for Mackem ways...

PRE MATCH

(Were they linked or something? What's the connection?)

RE Declan John; they had him on loan until January last season. He never played a minute for them, which is when we took him for the rest of the season. 

On 07/09/2021 at 22:33, stevieb said:

Nice one. 

Sunderlandways seem to like us. 

Burton were dogshit but if we can't break teams like that down we're going to struggle. 

I think it's more they hate Burton for beating them with one shot on target

Surprised at some of the comments about Santos, yes he had a bit of a mare second half and got away with it but other than that seemed dominant against everything and passing was all good too.

Burton with the classic jibes about our finances that everyone is clearly an expert on. 

Didn't know much about Burton's style of play before they played us but I wouldn't have expected a Dutch striker in JFH to be one to play the shithouse way.

I’m out at the Brisca Stock Car World Final tonight so will get this done in the morning.

In the meantime though, I’ll leave you with this from pre-match…

They were in League 2 last season one year removed from being a full blown basket case. Let's not talk this fixture up as being tough.”

28 minutes ago, matty2094 said:

I’m out at the Brisca Stock Car World Final tonight so will get this done in the morning.

In the meantime though, I’ll leave you with this from pre-match…

They were in League 2 last season one year removed from being a full blown basket case. Let's not talk this fixture up as being tough.”

They were right. It wasn't tough.
for us.

If you pop onto the forums, it's mainly about the state of the club, nothing to do with us. They've got enough problems to sort out rather than just one match.

For me this 'rivalry' ended when we went up and stayed there for years with European trips, top half finishes etc whilst they had a shit time.

They 'won' the battle, we certainly won the war.