Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

A View From The Other Side

matty2094

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Wouldn't be surprised if there's a January break clause like Luton had with Kioso.

Stated a few times, I'm a big fan of his. If he's fit in January and playing well for Vale, I'd have him back

Yep.

Has Kachunga really exhibited anything beyond what we've seen from Politic. Especially considering the difficult situation the youngster had to adjust to when onions was managing. 

Don't want to be knocking our current players particularly, just that at the moment he doesn't seem likely to produce the goods.

I have some great memories of Sarce - with that great goal at Salford at the pinnacle. I hope we give him a great reception before handing Bolton a thrashing.

I’ve a bad feeling our unbeaten run will end tonight so 1-2 (Eighon Doyle winner, natch) 

Can see nothing but another victory. Team has gelled nicely. Defence is world away from last season bar Coopers endless mistakes which will never change

2-0 Argyle.

Very very tough one. Bolton are a very good side who have completely turned over teams away this season. Argo need to put in 200% for the full 90 to get anything at all out of this one. Can see us struggling but after plenty of scares and lots of riding our luck we could get a point. There will be goals.

Argo 2-2 Bolton W

it will be a tough game but we have 2 big factors working for us going into this game, 1) momentum and 2( they have aimson in defence so we know hit them with pace and hes screwed.

Aimson ? has he found the way out of the physios room yet.
His agent sold Bolton a bill of goods, one he a shite defender and he's always injured.
hope his agent got a pay rise off Aimson for that move.

Found his way to the bench, did they have to stretcher him there ?

As I said I think we’re beat em there not a bad side ..But Wigan absolutely destroyed em at the wkend by playing attacking football there defence absolutely fell apart so with our attacking football we play hopefully expect a similar result

Gotta feel confident of another 3pts tomorrow.
COYG cheers

A blustery, windswept 3 points for the lean green mean machine. Bolton will feel like they're up against a PL team and will shuffle off back oop north utterly shellshocked.

Lowe if he is wise will need to adapt the way we play and set up for this game given the weather as its not going to be ideal conditions for his usual style. Bolton im sure will be doing the same.

I better go find my raincoat for tonight

Just had a nosy at some of the pre-match Argyle comments - they seem confident overall.

Nice one @wanderer1984

Wasn't going to bother once again up until the 85th minute. Couple more for you...

On paper not a bad result, but one of the most depressing results and ends to a game of the season.

I can honestly say that bar the score line we absolutely thrashed them for 60 minutes and should have been and deserved to be 4 if not 5-0 up with an array of chances and Bolton creating little. However, the last 20-25 minutes were depressing and I’m afraid all on Evans. Negative putting 11 men behind the ball tactics and the worst crime, failing to use subs when our on field players were clearly out on their feet. Akinde and Lloyd could barely run and their first goal was blatantly down to our men in midfield having no legs as they just run through and the guy went unchallenged until he had his shot from the edge of the box. Then straightaway after the goal, Evans took Akinde off - talk about wait until the horse had bolted. Then no further subs until we let in the undeserved for Bolton injury time equaliser.

That was two points royally thrown away and completely down to 1. Evans’ tactics, especially his use of subs, 2. Our poor finishing when we were well on top - should have killed the game.

Bolton may come away and think they should have won it in the end and they might have, but overall they can think themselves extremely lucky to get a point - we should have killed the game before they had a chance to get into it and even at 2-0, fresh legs of Adshead in midfield, and Kelman and Sithole to run at their poor defence and spread the game would have seen us safe, but instead we tried to hang on with the same 11 knackered players. Sort it out Evans.

Feels like a defeat 🤐

All changed from around the 70 minute mark. Sitting back, time wasting and letting the opposition have 75% of the ball took its toll.
We desperately needed fresh legs to help us close down and press, but for whatever reason Evans doesn’t seem to trust his bench this season. We were out on our feet towards the end and once the equalise had gone in, it could have easily been a defeat.

Pretty nice stadium and easy to get to by train, so a decent trip. 

Steve Evans on Radio Kent said we should have had 7 more goals and Oliver should have had an easy hat-trick. For those of you who watched, should it have ben Bolton 2 Gillingham 8?

I most definitely think 2-4 but that said if we had taken our chances early second half it would have been 0-4 maybe 1-4.

Evans likes to exaggerate. In theory, we could have had 9, but in theory they could have had 5, but it’s not realistic to say that every good chance you have equates to a goal. However, on balance of the 4 or 5 good chances Bolton created (included an absolute sitter missed), it’s fair to say they could have scored 3 or 4 and of the 9 or 10 good chances we created (including hitting the woodwork again), we could have had 5 or 6.

As it happens, SE had a pretty strong bench yesterday and to lay fans, such as me, it was a bit of a head-scratcher watching tired players struggle late into the second half. I`m not criticising those players that seemed "spent" btw. The amount of energy our guys put into pressing Bolton and forcing mistakes for the first 65 minutes or so was amazing. The likes of Lloyd and, it must be said, Big John, worked very very hard and the fact that they appeared to tire was not a surprise, given their high industry through 65+ minutes.

What a ruddy joke, thrown it away again!

At the end of a long season, I've got a feeling we will miss the 2 points dropped today. Yes on the face of it, it is still a point away from home, but my goodness it should have been 3.

Probably should of been 3 or 4 up before they battered us in the last 25 mins. Another two points lost, great shame we would of been pretty much mid table.

• Site Supporter

Aye.

An interesting point about their pressing. It did work, but they were hugely boosted by the initial gift. That adrenaline fuelled work will take its toll though, and we are a fit bunch.

I think they're right about their players running out of gas, and we capitalised.

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, matty2094 said:

Back with a bang. I’ll sift through forums and the like tomorrow but just spotted this tweet which made me smile…

“Awww bless.
When a bunch of debt dodging dribblers punching below their weight win a game 🙂
Unbridled joy taken to a new level.”

Debt dodging dribblers beat bunch of train spotters and peado apologists 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, matty2094 said:

Never a red card that, f*ck*ng cheating b*st*ards got him sent off with the over-reaction. And what was the f*ck*ng tumbling routine the fouled player did? F*ck*ng hate Bolton, wish they’d gone out of business when the opportunity arose.”

Hahahaha somebody find that tweet about the entire town of Doncaster rejecting us as cheats when we play them at theirs.

2 hours ago, matty2094 said:

Never a red card that, f*ck*ng cheating b*st*ards got him sent off with the over-reaction. And what was the f*ck*ng tumbling routine the fouled player did? F*ck*ng hate Bolton, wish they’d gone out of business when the opportunity arose.”

Great to see us upsetting Yorkshire folk

• Members
2 hours ago, matty2094 said:

Lovely stuff