Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

A View From The Other Side

matty2094

On 06/08/2022 at 21:03, Leyther_Matt said:

It’s a weird one. Always got to respect them after that day. Most inoffensive fans in the game (as shown by their thread). Always enjoy their shithousery when they’re sticking it to the bigger clubs (except us, obviously) and Ainsworth has come across really well whenever he’s been a pundit. And yet fucking hell they’re a horrid bunch to play against!

I think it was mentioned somewhere but checked it out on the behind the scenes vid. He hung around at full time to shake every Bolton player's hand as they came off the pitch following their 'lap of appreciation' . He could have quite easily fucked off 5 minutes before. Class that.

Vale fans are either deluded, or just plain headfucked.

Really looking forward to the game, especially after the 2 signings today.
Wondering if the gobby girl(singing We'll never see you again) from a few seasons ago,will be there.
Any sort of win over their fatheaded arrogant manager will do me.
As for the heat it won't bother the players. I believe Vale thrashed the waiters and pool attendants in a game during the recent pre season.

................................................................................................................

Confused maybe.

After a quick glance at their forum, are we playing Bolton or Real Madrid tomorow

They're not that big are they? Decent for this level but even in this league, Wednesday, Derby, Ipswich are all bigger. I think sometimes being in the greedy league goes to these clubs heads.

...................................................................................................

Love watching DC press conference before a game. Very Micky Adams style. 

Bolton fans seem to have a massive chip on their shoulder and seem to think they will walk the league this season. Despite saying that every season and failing. I bet there ego hurt when we smashed them at their place

.....................................................................................................................

I would like us to do them over! Cant do with big heads! They were very lucky last time at Vale park ! We owe them one come on you whites ! 

...................................................................................................................

But i thought they would 'never play us again'?

An embarassing video shot in the away end that came back to bite them a couple of times now!

10 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Vale fans are either deluded, or just plain headfucked.

Really looking forward to the game, especially after the 2 signings today.
Wondering if the gobby girl(singing We'll never see you again) from a few seasons ago,will be there.
As for the heat it won't bother the players. I believe Vale thrashed the waiters and pool attendants in a game during the recent pre season.

................................................................................................................

Confused maybe.

After a quick glance at their forum, are we playing Bolton or Real Madrid tomorow

They're not that big are they? Decent for this level but even in this league, Wednesday, Derby, Ipswich are all bigger. I think sometimes being in the greedy league goes to these clubs heads.

...................................................................................................

Love watching DC press conference before a game. Very Micky Adams style. 

Bolton fans seem to have a massive chip on their shoulder and seem to think they will walk the league this season. Despite saying that every season and failing. I bet there ego hurt when we smashed them at their place

.....................................................................................................................

I would like us to do them over! Cant do with big heads! They were very lucky last time at Vale park ! We owe them one come on you whites ! 

...................................................................................................................

An embarassing video shot in the away end that came back to bite them a couple of times now!

They should have a glance at our head-to-head record against them over history. Truly embarrassing for them and will remain so even if they win tomorrow and in their next 5 games against us.

More and more the sort of knobheads that get involved with back and forth on twatter influence their equivalents at other clubs and there seems to be a shit storm around practically every game.

My first season ticket was Riochs first season so Vale is always an attractive game for me I associate them with good football and a healthy competition. However, I am confident of a result in this game and a successful (promotion) season, not sure how this makes me, or others like me, some sort of Billy Big Bollocks.

PRE-MATCH

Not sure we can stop Bolton from scoring a couple  so we need our shooting boots on if we are to get a draw at the best. 

After a quick glance at their forum, are we playing Bolton or Real Madrid tomorrow?

It’s “big club” syndrome, seems to be worse the lower down the leagues you are.  That said, I never felt Bradford fans came over that way, possibly because they’ve grown accustomed to being stuck in the lower two tiers for a while.  In fairness, Bolton have just had a decent season and will expect to push on.

I am over for this match. Just been online for a ticket. Only Bycars available.....24 quid??? What??? I dont blame anyone for not wanting to pay that.

Come 5 o’clock hopefully you will be so glad all over that you paid £24 

Bolton fans are kicking off about not being able to drink local before the game. We did the same for the Wolves game didn't we ?

Hopefully there's no trouble at all tomorrow but the summer heat makes people go stupid. 

I should think so. Its pathetic.  I understand the Police obviously don't want trouble but a 10 mile ban ?

Talk about breaching a person's human rights. 

Be interesting to see their response if say 100 turn up in Newcastle for a few beers. I thought Tommy Cheadles was for away fans. 

Can't be doing with Bolton but that from plod is ludicrous. 

Good on Staffordshire police I say !! 
when they went up and ran round the Vale park pitch they sang ‘ we’ll never play you again’ we can now sing ‘ you’ll never drink here again!!!’ 

I have also seen on this forum are Bolton Wanderers a BIG CLUB answer is NO. I have followed both Bolton where my family originates since I was a kid and now I am 59. I have followed Vale's fortune's since I moved to the Stafford area in mid 70's and adopted Vale as my second club. I am a member at both clubs. In the late 70's and early 80's Bolton's home gates averaged about 4,500. When the glory years came along the attendances rocketed to average over 20,000. 

Couple of Bolton fans refused beer in fan zone. Seems a bit ott by the police as they weren’t bothering anyone.

May be the case we get the favour returned in away games with that policy.

Bolton guys having beers in Biddulph. Whatever the police regime wanted to happen clearly hasn’t. 

Good few from Bolton, got be over 10k here today 

DURING

Why that No 5 wasn’t sent off I don’t know.

Lucky then though, seemed hit the Bolton player on the line.

Started well here. Competing well and look up for it.

Bolton are a massive team and seem happy to go long and play for set pieces?

Huge team these. Santos will get sent off surely at some point. Think we’re doing ok so far. Brilliant save by Stevens early on 

From my Bycars vantage point we need to move the ball quicker as they are, we don’t look like we have a goal in us atm but we need to play on their No 5 who’s on a yellow.

2nd lucky escape off a corner!!!!

Jeez!!!

These are big and a real dirty side with it.

Knew he would get sent off 

20 mins too late but always going to happen.

At least that’s one threat from corners gone.

That was coming with Santos. Come on Vale into these.

We just need to be careful not to give this ref an opportunity to level things up at some point.

1st for pushing / elbow off a corner on Smith. 2nd looked for pro foul when Harrison got round him, looked a bit soft but stupid tackle to make

Clear as day santos would get off. every time I’ve seen him he looks a complete donkey. 

Vale competed well against a big, strong, physical team. Ojo looks good as the defensive midfield player, new keeper looks good.

They look the more dangerous particularly from set pieces but Vale have had their moments.

Soft 2nd yellow for Santos to be fair.

I'd still be reasonably happy with a point here tbf, I expected us to get a spanking.

Bolton - Williams on dodgy grounds now.  Getting booked and then pushes over Conlon.  Vale players should target him and see what else he can do to make the ref book him.

POST MATCH

After today I'm sure we will be mid table by the end of the season. 

Taken a point at HT but probably a missed opportunity for all 3 based on 2nd half. 

Bolton fans going off Twitter are a rather deluded bunch. They should be raging more at their big, clumsy oaf of a centre-back for deservedly getting himself sent off in such draining conditions rather than the referee.

0-0 is a result I would have taken at the start of the game.

I thought we were well in the game when Bolton had 11 players, I think we were in control for the whole of the second half.

I thought we made some chances that we should have done better with, i think we were unlucky that their Goalkeeper made an absolutely world class save towards the end.

Good game before the sending off.

2 points dropped v 10 men in this heat. I thought we were a little too slow switching the play to really stretch them enough and ran out of ideas to break them down.

Outstanding save from Bolton keeper at the end.

Christ Bolton fans on Twitter are almost as bad as Swindon’s!

Bolton are no mugs and they will be up there at the end of the season.

Their keeper made 3 great saves… the one from Harrison’s header was unbelievable and on another day we would have won that!

Good game for a 0-0 that. Huge side Bolton who will be right up there. Missed a few chances there and with Wilson / another forward we win that game. Thought we created a lot but nothing in the box. It’s a good point against a very good side but feels like we’ve missed a chance for 3 there. 

Not read the full topic but what bunch of pricks Bolton fans were walking Hamil. I spoke to Bolton fans in the Vine before the game, absolutely sound. After the game they gave the old 'you couldn't' beat ten men so we waved then loads of them charged and came at us. What <ovf censored>. Nothing happened. It was all bravado. I then sheparded Bolton fans to their car before they got twatted. They were grateful. I explained in Aus we we all down the same road pissed off after a game.

They’ll be up there for sure, big and quick and I think if the No 5 had stayed on at some point he’d have bundled a corner in. We had two unbelievable let offs in the 1st half.

I should just say that Santos should imo been sent off from the same corner incident that he got booked on. Firstly, how can you get a yellow for elbowing someone, secondly how can you not get a second yellow for doing exactly the same thing 30 secs later.

What an absolute plonker their Number 5 was. Rightly booked and he then did an exact replica foul and he continued bad mouthing the ref constantly. Bet their manager laid into him after. Super crowd, another point in our bag. I feel we are definitely on the right track.UTV.

Apparently this is the most obvious goal you’ll ever see, and we are desperate cheats.image.thumb.png.85e7d01984c2e39509f9bc8e08821c45.png

Bolton being down to 10 men for most of the game swung it to us and I feel we should have won but they are a very good team, quick on the counter and a point is still a good result. 

Could have been 3 a piece if it wasn't for some excellent goalkeeping at either end, some wastefulness in the box on our part, and an outrageous bit of luck that they weren't awarded a goal when the ball was closer to the back of the net than the goal line!

Not read any previous posts but Bolton are the entitled. What a bunch of mardarses...like the Swindle of L1.

Fathead idiot manager...sent off.

Clumpy clown of a captain on his 26th warning for elbows .sent off.

Fans calling the ref a racist bigot. This is after their captain was sent off,quite rightly. The number 4 runs to the ref at HT and mardarses about the sending off. Is booked for dissent in the second half,then barges Conlon immediately in front of the ref who could have sent him off.

Big club,big history,big ego ..who will win nowt this season. Hoofing it up to Daddy Long legs won't win games...they'll come unstuck.

But hey,they get huge away followings...Bolton are massive everywhere they go(there's a word missing somewhere..)

He did it at every corner but apparently the ref is a racist bigot according to their fans.

He was useless too....like big John McCombe on the ball...clumsy clumpy hoofball

Bolton will be top 6 they had so much quality at times and we matched them creating chance after chance but great goalkeeping and poor finishing saw that in the end Bolton got a deserved point for there sheer stubbornness.

Perfect result from my perspective. Although with a numerical advantage from the 38th minute onwards should Valehave gone onto win the game. Possibly they should have. But it is often harder to beat ten men as the remaining players raise their game and the conditions were extremely hot. 

The Bolton fans were livid with referee Ross Joyce as was Bolton managerial Evatt who was also RED CARDED. Football creates extreme passion. But as a grassroots referee myself. Ricardo Santos was correctly RED CARDED. But I understand fans passion. The referee was correct. Most fans don't understand the Laws of The Game. Say NO MORE.

The ref was as bad as I’ve seen down vale for a while 

On the final whistle half the players were laid out looking like they had been shot, 100% effort from every player. Credit Bolton who were a man down but never let up.

ps. The centre half was a walking red card from the off, let his team down today.

Ahh yes, I forgot about the incident with the No 4. Again, as with the No 5 on the corner, remind me again why that wasn’t an immediate 2nd yellow….

What. A. Bell. End.

So let’s just think about this. It was two yellows. They were so comfortable that their No 5 had to commit to ‘serious’ offences both warranting yellows. 

I think that drubbing at their place a few years back still rankles.

Rearrange these words to form the sentence 

End bell an absolute 

I'm not sure. The ref would have been lynched?

When you're as huge a club as Bolton,you expect every decision to go for you. Hence Fathead saying they'd have win comfortably with 11 men. Our GK made 2 save against 11 men. They resorted to hoofball second half.

Ian R Evatt = Naive Tart

(Shame his middle name doesn't begin with a W)

We created loads today against a team who have won on aggregate 8-1 this week to our 1-6 loss so they did maintain a threat so they should do considering there budget is considerably bigger than ours .

I thought we matched them even when it was 11v11

They just seemed to break quickly and created their chances with a bit more quality , whereas we had to work really hard to get an opening.

After the sending off we were the only team looking to win it. We were patient and clever with the ball. The subs were spot on as well and on another day we would have got a couple.

I said at half time I’d still take a point.

18 hours ago, tomski said:

Love the bloke with the screenshot of apparently the most obvious goal you’ll see. What the fuck is he seeing ha.

He was being sarcastic, that's the image going around Twitter from our fans of an incident where we had claimed the ball was "Two Foot" over the line and should have been a goal. 

For my money, it does look to be over, but hard to tell. 

3 hours ago, meanderson93 said:

He was being sarcastic, that's the image going around Twitter from our fans of an incident where we had claimed the ball was "Two Foot" over the line and should have been a goal. 

For my money, it does look to be over, but hard to tell. 

If it is the image posted earlier in this thread it is definitely over, the ball is behind the legs of the defender and Santos (?) Who are stood on the line.

One guy saying you only have to look at the shadow to see it isn't, again not surevwhat he is seeing but the shadow of the ball is blocked by the defender.

10 minutes ago, CambridgeBWFC said:

If it is the image posted earlier in this thread it is definitely over, the ball is behind the legs of the defender and Santos (?) Who are stood on the line.

One guy saying you only have to look at the shadow to see it isn't, again not surevwhat he is seeing but the shadow of the ball is blocked by the defender.

If it's over the line it's by an inch at most, and certainly not clear. The screenshot is confusing people because it makes it look like it's behind the goalkeeper's hand when it's not.