Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

A View From The Other Side

matty2094

19 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

If it's over the line it's by an inch at most, and certainly not clear. The screenshot is confusing people because it makes it look like it's behind the goalkeeper's hand when it's not.

You must be looking at a different pic than me. Or a visit to Specsavers is in order.

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

If it's over the line it's by an inch at most, and certainly not clear. The screenshot is confusing people because it makes it look like it's behind the goalkeeper's hand when it's not.

Yes it does appear to be beyond the keepers hand. How, therefore, do you know it isn't?

Can't see a shadow of the ball, but perhaps it's close to the ground.

A goal all day long for me, irrespective of the image being a bit grainy.

32 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Yes it does appear to be beyond the keepers hand. How, therefore, do you know it isn't?

Can't see a shadow of the ball, but perhaps it's close to the ground.

A goal all day long for me, irrespective of the image being a bit grainy.

I've watched the video footage and it's behind the goalkeeper's back.

The screenshot makes it appear as though the goalkeeper is in front of it, reaching out, but in actual fact it's in front of him, either level or an inch or so either side of the goal line.

If it was two feet over, like people are claiming, it wouldn't have bounced of Santos/their centre half like it did because they'd be too far away from it.

23 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I've watched the video footage and it's behind the goalkeeper's back.

The screenshot makes it appear as though the goalkeeper is in front of it, reaching out, but in actual fact it's in front of him, either level or an inch or so either side of the goal line.

If it was two feet over, like people are claiming, it wouldn't have bounced of Santos/their centre half like it did because they'd be too far away from it.

You have all the makings of a ref for the ELF Div 1. I guess you thought Santos sending off was deserved as well.

It looks to be in line with the keepers hand/arm which is about half a foot or more over the line. It is a grainy image and the ball being off the ground does make it more difficult to know exactly, but for me that is over the line and more than an inch.

But ultimately it wasn't given so pointless arguing

4 minutes ago, CambridgeBWFC said:

It looks to be in line with the keepers hand/arm which is about half a foot or more over the line. It is a grainy image and the ball being off the ground does make it more difficult to know exactly, but for me that is over the line and more than an inch.

But ultimately it wasn't given so pointless arguing

It's a matter of perspective because it's a still image from an overhead angle that isn't directly in line with the goal line.

The video footage is clearer.

Not sure what you're all arguing about. The obvious and clear answer is that it was miles over the line, bastards robbed us, its a big conspiracy, no one likes us, we don't care, pack mentality, fuck them all, we'll laugh loudest when we win promotion.  😁😁

26 minutes ago, boogs said:

Not sure what you're all arguing about. The obvious and clear answer is that it was miles over the line, bastards robbed us, its a big conspiracy, no one likes us, we don't care, pack mentality, fuck them all, we'll laugh loudest when we win promotion.  😁😁

Dead right. 🤣

Another poxy tinpot outfit with no real rivals, so trying desperately to create something with us. Size of town is irrelevant, they've no other League clubs around for miles. If they were any good, they'd have more fans.