Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

A View From The Other Side

matty2094

Not really worth addressing any of those points. Was it Morecambe Morrissey was singing about? Could have had a point and I've not agreed with him about anything in the last 2 decades.

I suppose successful managers always wind up opposition fans but they guy saying Evatt would be booted out as soon as has a bad spell hasn't been paying attention as he's survived a couple. Data points suggest an upward trend.

1 hour ago, Zico said:

He did bring it up here

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/19902758.bolton-wanderers-boss-ian-evatt-slams-racist-remarks-morecambe-draw/

Though I'm not sure he went on about it endlessly to the media painting them as a racist club 

But he reckons the general abuse was relentless including spitting 

I'm sure Morecambe fans disagree 

But they didn't like him before that anyway, if you recall those two commentators from the behind closed doors games 

Basically we've got an outspoken manager no one else likes  

Good

I meant when it happened, it was Sky reporters who bought it up originally. 

23 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

What do they think the Horwich jibe achieves? Fucking imbeciles 🤣

I can only assume it amuses them to suggest "Bolton Wanderers don't even play in Bolton". Like the red shite aren't in Manchester.

But if any of them think it's a needling remark & hits home at all they'd be sorely mistaken.

The quicker we're out of this league, and leave no-mark micro clubs to their own environment, the better.

• Members
6 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

The quicker we're out of this league, and leave no-mark micro clubs to their own environment, the better.

Very true. Football league founders shouldn't be having to mix it with no mark bottom feeders like that shower of shite.

On 16/08/2022 at 23:31, matty2094 said:

They really are an odd bunch. 

C7E79AF9-3181-41EA-85D1-BA4FA80BB33C.jpeg

4D0E0140-373A-40BB-BD09-A52137D469B9.png

E04D156D-C0AF-439E-9129-DA42A33A27C0.png

30EE15CF-6176-4FCE-9EA7-71C43472934B.png

I need to add to this; he was with three other Morecambe fans outside Chorley Wetherspoons about an hour before the game.

Therefore, he has obviously got off the train beforehand earlier in the day to take these pictures. That or he wants to see a proper stadium. Oddball behaviour. 

4 hours ago, BWFC_LOVE said:

I need to add to this; he was with three other Morecambe fans outside Chorley Wetherspoons about an hour before the game.

Therefore, he has obviously got off the train beforehand earlier in the day to take these pictures. That or he wants to see a proper stadium. Oddball behaviour. 

Perhaps he was retracing his steps looking for his teeth?

22 hours ago, DazBob said:

Hopefully, after this season, we'll never play them again.

It breaks my heart to see our great club embroiled in squabbles with such a skid-mark of a club.

I’ve taken it as a personal slur to see us playing teams like this having seen Leigh RMI beat Morecambe home and away. They never even played Fleetwood or Salford City because they were so many divisions below. I remember Crawley and Burton coming to Leigh for their first games in the Conference as promotion upstarts. And I remember playing Forest Green when they were only known for having a knock off Barcelona badge and my irony-impaired mate did the “woaaahhhh you fat bastard” with a mouthful of Mars bar as 45 year old Nigel Spink took a goal kick. 

16 hours ago, BWFC_LOVE said:

It's just too pitiful to take the piss. 

You just know he'll still be bearing this grudge in 15 years' time when we've gone our separate ways but drawn them in an early season League Cup tie. 

• Site Supporter
42 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

It's just too pitiful to take the piss. 

You just know he'll still be bearing this grudge in 15 years' time when we've gone our separate ways but drawn them in an early season League Cup tie. 

Judging by his teeth alone, I doubt he'll see another 15 years!

Looking forward to seeing Lee again, always a pleasure. Can’t even bring myself to wish him a bad game! Let’s hope Agent Kachunga is his usual self.

Absolute nonsense, Lee plays for Bolton now, I hope he has a nightmare, making loads of errors and scores an own goal (same as Kachunga)

3-1 Wednesday.

Johnson, Windass & Gregory.

Kachunga for them.

Draw would be a good result as it would’ve been in midweek. Let’s keep it positive.

If we want to get top two then these are the types of games we need to win after the mid week setback.

I reckon this will be a big test of our morale and mettle. So much went wrong on Tuesday; Baz ill, James sent off, Byers off his head, and two goals shipped from right wing crosses without the slightest trace of us mustering a reply. Full house, place buzzing - we have to play smart for all ninety minutes. Dreading it / can't wait. UTO.

We'll be up for it after Tuesday and provided the ref doesn't want to be the star of the show I fancy our chances.

Novel OMDT, Snoots - brilliant as usual!

Went to Bolton just the once, years and years ago when it was Burnden Park so I'm going to drivel on about that all day to whoever will listen.

Hoping for us to play to our strengths, impose ourselves, control the game and win 2-0.

Reality is I'm expecting us to sit back and try to contain them, encouraging them to play in our half and test our defence relentlessly until they eventually score.

2-1 to Bolton.

Biggest game of the season so far.

Win and its 10 points from 5 games. An excellent start from a tough set of opening fixtures.

Lose and its 2 defeats on the trot and the pressure will start building.

I think the players will really want to bounce back from midweek and we'll see a big performance from them.

I fancy Bolton for promotion this season ,so a good test for us

Hope we have a good solid performance and pick up a win. It will be tough as Bolton are rightly one of the favorites for promotion. 

Safe journey for those making the trip - how many did we sell in the end, with the train strike?

Well I was confident for rhe first time in ages on Tuesday night. That turned out well.

Bolton 4-0 Wednesday in that case.

I think the majority think we'll get beat in this one.  The good feeling from the start of the season seems to have disappeared.  So for that reason we're going to play like demons and win 3-1. Typical Wednesday.  UTO

I think it will be one of those days where we will win well or get hammered. There will be no in between today. Either way the knives will be out for Moore before, during and after the game and will be until he’s sacked. It’s reached that point which Joe Crann suggested in his tweet the other day and when you reach that point, the inevitable is just around the corner.

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/313252-bolton-v-wednesday-omdt/page/4/#comments

Done some of the pre-match leg-work for you @matty2094finished on p4.

They aren't the most confident after losing to P'bro midweek.

Just now, matty2094 said:

We’ll just draw a line under miserable losses, can’t be arsed 😂

Aye, I think my pre-game optimism got the better of me getting a head start on this thread hahaha. We'll get em back in the reverse fixture hopefully 

Goes without saying it's an absolute must-win. We need to field a very strong squad -- **** "resting" players. Foolish and dangerous to downplay Bolton's talents. It's an unlikely upset for the Wanderers, but players such as Sierra Leone national team's Amadou Bakayoko do know where the net is located on the pitch, and they'll smell weakness in the Goliath this week. We're having a very bad week. If Bolton can knock us off balance, I could easily see a loss. We need to take this match seriously.

🤨