Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

A View From The Other Side

matty2094

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Cheese said:

One of their subs accounted for another minute. Warming up infront of WSL, and kept rolling the ball away when it went out for a throw-in. Did it at least 3 times.

I saw him ask for the ball (either from the crowd or a ballboy) and even though it went straight to his hands he didn’t bother catching it and let it roll away.

Proper shithouse tactics. No wonder they get stuff chucked at them.

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, MickyD said:

I saw him ask for the ball (either from the crowd or a ballboy) and even though it went straight to his hands he didn’t bother catching it and let it roll away.

Proper shithouse tactics. No wonder they get stuff chucked at them.

I'm probably exaggerating, but he was definitely taking the piss. Just doing his job I suppose.

Their little shit of a centre mid (no. 6) was your classic league one shithouse water carrier who had nothing to his game but just wanted to spoil and be a twat - the other one wasn’t much better either. Both me and my mate straight away guessed that at least the no. 6 would be scouse, it was so obvious, turns out both of them were - classic Barton players and the type that this league is riddled with.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Marc505 said:

Am I right in thinking this is the first time we've played them (in front of a crowd) at the stadium or did we pull them in a cup somewhere along the line?

Last home game in front of fans was '93 at Burnden.
Kelly, McAteer, Wlaker & McGinlay scored in a 4-1 win

• 1 month later...
  • Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

"Shoretire has been punctured" made me chuckle.

Decent comments. 

Me too. Very witty.

But this got me wondering:

2nd best all over the pitch

strangest part of the day, sitting in the North Upper and my Flashscoreapp pings goal Bolton…1-2…..I show my mate and we carry on watching, they attack down the right and less than 60 seconds after the ping, they score.

f**king freaky 

He reckons he was at the game and his Flashscore app bleeps to give a score update a minute before Bolton actually scored!

A betting man’s dream app, I’d have thought. 🤣

4 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Me too. Very witty.

He reckons he was at the game and his Flashscore app bleeps to give a score update a minute before Bolton actually scored!

I posted it at the time and thought it was because Sky was somehow running behind so was quite reassuring to see people actually at the game had the same issue!

• Site Supporter
56 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Me too. Very witty.

51 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I posted it at the time and thought it was because Sky was somehow running behind so was quite reassuring to see people actually at the game had the same issue!

I read it and thought wtf?

You'd have to be quick to put a bet on though!

29 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I read it and thought wtf?

You'd have to be quick to put a bet on though!

It’s mad how quickly they update the scores. Each game will have somebody present updating stats which are syndicated with the betting companies. To the extent of being at the Colls game this afternoon and the score alert would come through within 4-5 seconds of a goal being scored. Easy for them to press the wrong button as must have been the case today but it isn’t often they get quite so lucky 😂

2 hours ago, MickyD said:

Me too. Very witty.

Happened to a couple of us. First time football being fixed has entered our heads but you never know