Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

A View From The Other Side

matty2094

11 minutes ago, Big E said:

Happened to a couple of us. First time football being fixed has entered our heads but you never know 

If there’s going to be any sort of conspiracy then you can guarantee we wouldn’t be the beneficiary. We’ve pissed off far too many people over the years 😂

Guess who's back...

On Dan Nlundulu signing for us from them...

Can only think he impressed them in the game here and they've not scouted him since. :lol:

There is a God !

Yeah he never really hit the heights we expected did he? No great loss

Don't know if the fans at the Memorial Ground saw it, but at kick off, Dan obviously forgot that the players would take a knee so when the ref blew his whistle, Dan charged off into the Rovers half while everyone else was taking the knee.

By some distance the most energetic I've seen him in a Cheltenham shirt.

Good luck to him. Most players would choose Bolton over us, especially young players looking to advance their careers.

Must be great to be a club like Bolton who only ever sign players that turn out to be great investments. Why Ian Evatt is still languishing in league one is a mystery to me

It's crazy to think a big club like Bolton (who are realistically playing at least one level below where they should be) with a bigger coaching staff. likely bigger coaching and analysis staff than us took a punt on Dan without scouting him properly or looking into his past injuries.

It’s about culture rather than size. Some clubs/managers/fans reject the use of sports science, data, ‘numbers’, etc.

Sam Allardyce was on the forefront of that in the premiership for them, presume that's still in their fabric.

Could definitely see an arrogance factor coming to play "little Cheltenham aren't good enough to get him fully fit, massive Bolton will" and dismissing his history here

TODAYS GAME

Don't want to tempt fate but it's been a decent performance so far, and looking reasonably good on the attack.

Home fans booing everything, time wasting, any decision they don't get or is given to us. And when our players go down with head injuries.

Home crowd utter mardarses and applying lots of pressure. Let’s see what the ref is made of.

Very sporting of Bolton keeping the ball with our player down deep inside our own half... Bolton got such a BBB attitude. They seem, always, like the fact we are level with them is an insult.

Refs completely bottled it booking Williams for time wasting there. Fans have been booing and jeering for timewasting from the first minute. Ridiculous.

Shade wrote: 04 Feb 2023, 16:20Refs completely bottled it booking Williams for time wasting there. Fans have been booing and jeering for timewasting from the first minute. Ridiculous.

Definitely and wouldn't be surprised to see a second yellow with this intensity on the pitch and angst from the crowd

80mins of hard work down the toilet

God, Bolton fans are absolutely pathetic.
So is the ref.

Wankers. Oh well, we still have something they'll never have; a League Two title 

Just got back. What a dislikable bunch of superior tosspots Bolton are.

Genuine quotes from their manager...

"My initial thought is disappointment. I think if you were a fan who travelled up to watch it, in terms of performance it would be everything you’d want to see. It was committed, resilient.
I didn’t think they troubled us too much in all honesty. Someone has just showed me the stats. I think we have had more possession, more shots. We have created the better chances in the game.
“I don’t know how many teams would come here and have more of the ball. Defensively, we were really solid.
Looking at the quality and the chances in the game, they all fell to us. It is a bitter one to take, but we have to be resilient. We have to take it on the chin and keep moving forward."

Will update if anything else crops up

Edited by matty2094

• Moderators
2 hours ago, matty2094 said:

Guess who's back...

On Dan Nlundulu signing for us from them...

TODAYS GAME

Genuine quotes from their manager...

Will update if anything else crops up

Dunno about them but I love it when we take the piss and time waste and wind up the opposing fans 

They seem offended 

Some more gems from these backwater banjo players.

They should have been wound up and working their way up the football pyramid like Bury.

.................................................................................................................

Exactly. Now we have apart taxpayer funded club who will clearly go bust again taking that money with them.
...........................................................................................
It's amazing how fanbases differ from club to club. The only Bolton fans I've ever had the misfortune of speaking to have been absolute tools. They're so bitter that they're in a division with much smaller clubs, but they only have their own club to blame, and deluded. Meanwhile, you get other clubs where their fans seem to be nothing but down to earth and realistic.

The Bolton fans on Saturday were a blinkered disgrace, booing and jeering pretty much from the off. You could see them frothing at the mouth, jumping up and down and waving their abusive gestures in the stand closest to the Cheltenham fans, when they thought they were somehow being cheated. Player gets smashed in the face with the ball from 10 yards away; boo him, he's obviously time wasting. Player puts in a sliding tackle, jars his knee and ends up having to go off injured a few minutes later; boo him, he's obviously time wasting. Makes me laugh that we're apparently so bad, yet it was supposedly us wasting time that meant they only won 1-0 and had less shots on target than us. And our best chance wasn't even on target as Goodwin headed it, rather than flicked it, over the bar. Add to that our budget is probably less than half Bolton's, and they expect us to go there and roll over for them. What a bunch of clowns.
....................................................................................................
Seems clubs like Morecambe and Cheltenham fans want to believe they have relevance

25 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

They're so bitter that they're in a division with much smaller clubs, but they only have their own club to blame, and deluded. Meanwhile, you get other clubs where their fans seem to be nothing but down to earth and realistic.

Have they played Derby yet?

Edited by DirtySanchez