Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

A View From The Other Side

matty2094

They don’t have enough fans for a decent forum to curate from

If we go up then there’ll be less of those types of fixtures but probably a lot more defeats.

Did look at the Ipswich forum very briefly last night and someone said in their match thread

Bolton score a 5th from fewer shots than we’ve had tonight.”

Theyre all feeling a bit deflated over there. Started very strongly this season and now only 4 wins in 15 I think.

we play them at home on 11 march

a lot can change in the few weeks leading up to that but could be that we get another manager sacked if we smoke them and they drop out of the playoffs 

54 minutes ago, Mantra said:

They don’t have enough fans for a decent forum to curate from

If we go up then there’ll be less of those types of fixtures but probably a lot more defeats.

Did look at the Ipswich forum very briefly last night and someone said in their match thread

Bolton score a 5th from fewer shots than we’ve had tonight.”

Theyre all feeling a bit deflated over there. Started very strongly this season and now only 4 wins in 15 I think.

we play them at home on 11 march

a lot can change in the few weeks leading up to that but could be that we get another manager sacked if we smoke them and they drop out of the playoffs 

Players arguing with fans last night, too.

Midweek games are always a challenge. Don't get chance to sit down until now when we play on a Tuesday night.

PREMATCH

Lets all keep our fingers crossed for some sort of miracle. 

I expect we'll get dicked. Anything else would be a bonus.

Also, for Bolton, keep an eye out for Shola Shoretire.
Just turned 19, and on loan from Man United. Despite his small size, he's been a regular with the U23's aged 16-18. Joined Bolton for his first loan in January and getting very good reviews so far. Difficult player to find a set role for, but drifts around the attack well with good technique and footwork.

We're going to get hammered.

DURING

That bloke could've been 5"3 and still headed that in.

Mo marking a guy that scored two headers last week……FFS

Unmarked again! What the fuck are they playing at?!?

This is going to be a valentine's day massacre.

Locutus wrote:
I expect we'll get dicked. Anything else would be a bonus.

Still this :lol:

I'm closer to the Bolton players than any of ours defenders

Bolton are a magnificent team. So much off the ball movement and width. Great to watch (if you aren’t in the wrong end of it).

We’re talking 9 or 10 nil here

Embarrassing

Just hope Bolton get bored and can’t be arsed about scoring anymore

We have absolutely no hope of survival.

It’s ok, we’ve only got Sheffield Wednesday and Ipswich up next :D

These shitbags are horrific

FFS stop angering them by trying to break away and score, just assume the fetal position and hope they take it easy on us!

...would be something similar to my halftime team talk...

Bolton aren’t that good, they haven’t scored in 15 minutes.

We look a complete shambles at the back. In fact, we just look a total shambles whenever Bolton have the ball.

Even our better teams of the past would struggle against this team. They are so quick.

It’s one to write off. This Bolton team are really good and in top form. Poor defending for the two corner goals but realistically we were always facing a pasting tonight.

Onside and we should have had a penalty. Means nothing though. Bolton could win this 10-0 if they remained in 5th gear

Should have had a pen too. Eisas shot was handled. I can see why it wasn't given there was a crowd of players. If only there was somewhere that had TV screens where people could see an instant replay and make an informed decision. One can dream I guess

Wasn't a penalty :lol: he was about a millimeter away from Mo with the ball at full pelt, How's he supposed to do anything about that? Hitting the hand doesn't mean penalty..

Yeah the ball hit his hand but it was by his side, if that was given against us I would be livid.

We have created a few chances but as usual can’t finish, unlike Bolton who are clinical

Bolton comms feeling sorry for us.

Oh dear. We're fucked, aren't we?

Not fucked. But the giant cock that is league 2 is definately lubing up as we speak. Especially if we defend corners like we have done tonight.

Never in the field of football has so much been messed up for so many by so few.

I feel cheated out of £10. I feel sorry for the poor sods who went to Bolton tonight I really do

Its like the basics are forgotten in favour of trying to outscore the opposition and yes, we are doing neither. Every time Bolton came forward last night I was expecting a goal or at least a shot on target and it should have been 6 or 7

They put 5 past Peterborough who are better than us at poshs ground so all in all it really wasn't unexpected.
The teams likely to go up are just bigger and stronger than us and the clubs at the top have more resources due to attendances and pulling power.

Losing 5nil is bad enough but a bigger concern for me is that we let in 3 goals from corners.

We've looked weak attacking and defending corners all season and even the ones that Bolton didn't score from, they looked close to.

The fear we are all going to have on Saturday when Sheffield Wednesday win their first corner...

Sheffield Wednesday have got some serious talent in that side and Height, Smith, Windass,Gregory, Bannon, Flint, Wilks Whoose marking that lot at the 1st Corner?

Bolton are a great team right now. As are Wednesday and (to a lesser extent) Ipswich. We are, quite definitely, not!

From a thread titled 'The Meltdown'

THE MELTDOWN – BOLTON WANDERERS
I have a feeling this could be a very short “Meltdown”, I know I’ve run that line before, but honestly there is little new to say, and let’s be honest we have seen it so many times, you’re probably as sick as I am about the whole scenario.

I said in my preview if they scored early it would be a long old night, and it was, and it was also painful viewing at times, but I’ve built up a bit of an immunity of late and as each goal went in I just shrugged my shoulders but still marvelled how bloody poor we were at the back, and at times it was comedic.

How…….no sorry that’s not dramatic enough……. how the F*****g hell is Mo marking their goal scoring centre half at a corner. This guy eats defenders for breakfast, and we stick Mo on him, the man that rivals Daniel Powell as the worst header of a ball since somebody tied some rags together in 1860 something and said, “I’ve got a great idea for a game”, who in the world thought that was a good idea.

Now I don’t blame Mo, that is someone shirking responsibility on the pitch possibly, well in a way I hope so, because if this was pre-planned by the coaching team, then bring back training shy Liam Manning, because that is just shocking. I’m guessing though it was Tucker or Jules that just didn’t fancy it and pointed out to Mo the guy he was marking. Santos fresh from scoring two at Posh just stepped off Mo and left him for dead and headed home unchallenged, we might as well have walked off the pitch and raised a white flag right there.

The second 15 minutes later was equally as bad and another mismatch as Devoy was shrugged to one side and Mbete headed home an almost carbon copy goal.

I started losing interest about here but I think the first four goals were all from corners, and the last was Watson isolated on his own with the rest of the defence MIA, Watson was outmuscled and Bolton had a nap hand, a Jackson 5 if you like. One strange fact is all 5 goals were from defensive players, so we kept Dion Charles quiet …take that Bolton, pity we forgot about the rest of the Bolton team.

Strangely as bad as we looked at the back, and it was bad, we didn’t look too bad going forward, and as the Bolton Comms Team commented on a good day we could have scored.

We had a good shout for a penalty with a hand definitely blocking an attempt, and KaiKai might have benefited with a VAR review to see if he had stayed onside, it was certainly tight, and the Bolton stopper had to push one goal bound effort round the corner, but that was following two superb saves from Cumming, so you could easily point at the fact Bolton could have had 7 or 8 or more, the gulf in class was so great.

McEachran was about our best outfield player, with Cumming probably my MOTM, I was going to say for keeping it respectable, but it was way past that, so for stopping an even bigger humiliation.

So, this is just the latest episode of awful displays we have seen this season, and there are more on the horizon with Sheff Wed probably salivating at the prospect of boosting their goal difference on Saturday, then we face Ipswich Town the following Saturday who bizarrely couldn’t breach the Bristol Rovers defence this evening ….huh….even we can do that, and after that we travel to Lincoln City who held flying along Derby County even though they were reduced to 10 men for the final 35 minutes.

There is very little left to be said, without a shadow of doubt this is the worst Dons team in over a decade, the worst centre half pairing I can recall, and we are weak in just about every department.

If we get out of this it will be because there are 4 teams who are unbelievably worse that us, and yes that is possible, and if we do get out of it we should not celebrate survival ….not one bit.

There is very little to look back at with fondness this season and the whole thing has been a right shit show both on and off the pitch, but no doubt some will still feel grateful that football came to Milton Keynes and will do for many more years to come.

Still, be careful what you wish for.

See You Sunday….no I’m not going.

• Site Supporter

From http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/bolton-post-match-73322.html

Well, at least we can now concentrate keeping in EFL League 1 and, avoid paying £16 for a pie and a pint when down Sarf.

To travel hopefully is better than to arrive …

Difficult tie made more difficult when 10 men had to play against 12 for 70 minutes.
But all ten, plus the four (too-late) subs, gave their all.
Thought some the Bolton fans were scummy - just hope it’s not Stanley that gets fined for smoke bombs, and pitch invasions.

Have you seen the latest film release?
Could have been nominated for a BAFTA award?

“WIPE OUT!” Starring…..James Trafford!

Firstly, I hope that Liam Coyle is ok and makes a speedy recovery from the assault that he suffered during the match.

Secondly, the referee was wrong to only give Trafford a Yellow Card. I have never seen a more blatant Red Card situation before! 

The detail;
a) Coyle was always going to be first to the high ball.
b) Coyle had a run and leap to get high above the more static Bolton defender.
c) Trafford accelerated towards the incident and clearly had time to assess and decide what he was going to do.
d) Trafford decided to ‘Wipe Out’ both players knowing that he was committing a professional foul.
e) The Bolton defender hardly got off the ground so Trafford’s challenge did not pose too much danger to him.
f) Coyle was high above the ground having made a great leap in trying to head the ball.
g) Trafford’s action caused Coyle to cartwheel and fall head and upper body towards the ground first.
h) Trafford’s action was endangering the safety of Liam Coyle and caused his injury.
The only option open for the referee should have been to have given Trafford a straight RED CARD!

I always stand behind the right hand side of the Clayton End goal in line with the six yard box. Trafford started his run right in front of me and I was seeing exactly the same view as he was. As soon as he started his acceleration, I said to myself, ‘Trafford is never going to get there!’
The referee simply got it wrong!

TRAFFORD SHOULD HAVE BEEN SENT OFF…..

Just to repeat….I hope that Coyle recovers well

Regarding the rest of the game…..
I thought the game was fairly even up to Sean Mac’s poor decision to make the tackle in their half. Some would say the red card was harsh and others that the red card was deserved. Nevertheless it was IMHO a poor piece of play by Sean. The Stanley ‘ten’ set up a defensive system which Bolton found very difficult to pierce. Once again Jensen was superb. All of our outfield players ran themselves into the ground! 
The two Bolton goals had an inevitability about them but for the first goal ….was Longelo fouled by the Bolton scorer? For the second goal I think Jensen’s view was blocked by one of our defenders and he saw the ball too late.
Our players who stayed on the pitch tonight were magnificent as was the vocal and colorful support from the Stanley faithful.
Lots of Cup Finals to come in the remaining League matches so……

What disappointed me most about the collision was Trafford’s undoubted attempt at persuading the referee to be more lenient with his inevitable decision. He knew what he had done and to buy himself more time he stayed down for a prolonged period of treatment. During this time, the referee had ample opportunity to confirm with his officials about what the punishment should be, however he held a yellow card in his hand for a long time until the keeper got to his feet. This was was a major decision that could well have influenced the game in our favour, as a red card would have meant them having to withdraw an outfield player. The added disappointment was seeing the “injured” Trafford racing the length of the pitch to join in the pile on for the second goal celebration. In spite of all this, the important factor is Liam’s health and I just hope he is back playing soon.

Nothing like sport to reveal the true character of a person. 
Trafford has plummeted in my estimation after last night.

I imagine the cup sponsors & EFL are breathing a huge sigh of relief after Bolton's victory last night.
After all, the last thing they want turning up at their flagship final is a minnow like Accrington Stanley.
No! Two big city clubs, both with a substantial fanbase, will do nicely thankyou.
In fact, I'd bet they'd love to see nothing better than Stanley back in non-league, where they think we belong.
After recent events, you could be forgiven for thinking they're determined to make it happen.
The ludicrous number of yellow & red cards we've received, often for trivial offences; whilst opponents get away scot-free.
The retrospective trawling for offences of any kind, so they can issue yet another fine against the club.
Anyone with a cynical mind would be certain there's a conspiracy theory at work here.
Our dream of a trip to Wembley is over. No one can deny the best team won, so good luck to Bolton against Plymouth.
We have a bigger battle ahead - to make sure we stay in L1 and cock-a-snoop at those who think we don't deserve to be there

Quote from FA Laws of the Game, Rule1: 
“Using excessive force is when a player exceeds the necessary use of force and endangers the safety of an opponent and must be sent off.”
In my honest opinion James Trafford’s ‘wipe out’ of Coyle last night clearly broke this law.http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/images/smilies/eek.gif

I agree that there seems to be an element of bias toward Stanley, see the fine for failure to control the crowd in the earlier game against Bolton. By implication this was for homophobic language, what , this has never happened at any other ground only ours? Additionally the reports about a murderer getting sentenced almost make it sound like he's a player of ours rather than a guy who appeared in an old advert!

So don’t be surprised if Stanley get another fine for Bolton fans behaviour last night.

Cheers Micky, good read. As mentioned before, work and other commitments stops me from having time to do the midweek AVFTOS so if someone wants to take ownership of those, feel free. 

Christ they’re salty. I’ve watched it back multiple times now and I still think Traff gets the ball first. Funny how people see things differently when they’re on the other side of the fence.

18 minutes ago, matty2094 said:

Cheers Micky, good read. As mentioned before, work and other commitments stops me from having time to do the midweek AVFTOS so if someone wants to take ownership of those, feel free. 

Christ they’re salty. I’ve watched it back multiple times now and I still think Traff gets the ball first. Funny how people see things differently when they’re on the other side of the fence.

Definitely won the ball and knacked himself.

39 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

The excessive force argument doesn't stand neither, given both lads were running at speed and then leapt up to head it.

Exactly Jacket, both players went to head the ball, absolutely no intent on either part to injure or foul, just win the header and they collided with the Accy player falling awkwardly and it could just as easily have been Traf who came off worst. Either way I hope their lad makes a full recovery soon.

FpnaRzaaUAAPhoM?format=jpg&name=large

As can be clearly seen in the photo, Trafford gets to the ball - which was obviously his target, whereas Coyle wasn't fast enough, or high enough, to reach it; in fact Coyle's nowhere near it (relatively speaking).

It was a 50/50 ball and one player came off worse but that doesn't mean the player with the lesser injury was to blame - it's just luck; however, Accrington's general overall style of play is aggressive - overly so - just look at the shirt pulling and horrendous tackles on Bradley in the first 20 mins (leading to the sending off)!

Also, I can't help but wonder:

1) What's Coyle's arm doing so high? It was in fact way above his head just prior to the 'coming together' and the photo - Why?

2) Was he hoping to direct the ball towards goal by 'any' part of his body?

3) Or maybe he was hoping his arm/hand would collide with Trafford?

Edited by JOGLER

9 hours ago, JOGLER said:

FpnaRzaaUAAPhoM?format=jpg&name=large

As can be clearly seen in the photo, Trafford gets to the ball - which was obviously his target, whereas Coyle wasn't fast enough, or high enough, to reach it; in fact Coyle's nowhere near it (relatively speaking).

It was a 50/50 ball and one player came off worse but that doesn't mean the player with the lesser injury was to blame - it's just luck; however, Accrington's general overall style of play is aggressive - overly so - just look at the shirt pulling and horrendous tackles on Bradley in the first 20 mins (leading to the sending off)!

Also, I can't help but wonder:

1) What's Coyle's arm doing so high? It was in fact way above his head just prior to the 'coming together' and the photo - Why?

2) Was he hoping to direct the ball towards goal by 'any' part of his body?

3) Or maybe he was hoping his arm/hand would collide with Trafford?

Coyle's a dirty cunt and there's an argument that he's seen Trafford coming and tried to do him.

One here from a Morecambe fan.

The Bolton fans are horrendous. We have them a week on Saturday and after the problems last year the game has been changed to a 12-30 ko.
They invaded the pitch here at The Mazuma and turned a disabled man out of his shop-rider among other things.

When the lock-down was on in 2020/21 and no fans allowed in grounds , hundreds of them travelled illegally to Morecambe and stood on the land by the road only for Evatt and his team to reward them by coming across and applauding them !

Be nice to see them miss out on promotion.

Some more from the 6 fingers

Tbh, if both Stanley and Morecambe were to stay in L1, I’d rather see Bolton promoted so we never have to host that bunch of yobs again.

Seems like my evaluation of Trafford’s dangerous challenge was correct and also my assessment of the failure of the referee to apply FA Laws Rule 1……….
Quote my earlier post……

Robert Mitchell
In my honest opinion James Trafford used “excessive force” in wiping out Coyle last night. Which is a Red Card offence according to FA Laws of the Game, Rule 1. Quote. “Using excessive force is when a player exceeds the necessary use of force and endangers the safety of an opponent and must be sent off“.

There should be a retrospective disciplinary action to ban Trafford and to consider the referee’s failure to apply the Laws of the game. Shocking, but nothing will change……..this referee will be officiating at a League match somewhere on Saturday no doubt!http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/images/accysmilies/idunno.gif

Get fit soon Liam. Best wishes.http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/images/stanleysmilies/wub.gif

Tommy Leigh has been ‘Retrospectively Cited’ for the relatively mild use of an elbow. Compare that with the excessive force used by James Trafford on Liam Coyle which was far far worse IMHO! If Tommy Leigh get as a three match ban then Trafford should be banned for a much larger number of matches.http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/images/accysmilies/mad.gif

We’ve had several (almost) full houses this season, with very passionate and vociferous fans, from much ‘bigger’ clubs.
But none other Bolton showed such thuggish and infantile behaviour.

Should we ever have the ‘pleasure’ of hosting Bolton again I’d be happy if the club limited their tickets to the absolute minimum*, confined them to the Coppice Terrace (except for a few spaces and seats for less able), and took a hit on the gate receipts. I’d even be willing to chip in a fiver to offset the loss.
Who needs a house full of morons?
If that’s how they behave when they’ve won….

* even @ 10%, 500 Bolton fans could be too many.

Bolton boss thinks even the yellow card was harsh, words fail me!

All pretty fair and balanced in Vale-land

PRE-MATCH

I have written this one off. Pre Xmas I'd fancy us to compete anywhere as we proved with the Derby and Argyle victories but with Bolton's pace and power up top we are likely to get heavily beaten with the defence we currently have and general form.

Always expect the unexpected with the Vale.Bolton 1-2 Vale.

Sorry but how we are playing at the mo a real spanking! 

Based on the fact our keepers don't save shots wether stone or Stevens is in goal, if Bolton have 6 or 7 shots on target against us then we will be condeding 5 goals at least.

We are going to get tonked sadly 

Watched Accrington hold out until the 82nd minute and over an hour with 10 men so the trotters ain’t no world beaters so we got a chance and if we do get thumped let’s not have well they’ve got a much bigger budget crap from the happy clappers 

It's time to step up and play well on a good pitch in a good stadium. It may help that I don't think their stadium is very atmospheric. Its a hotel and conference centre with 4 stands to watch football in a retail park. 

Ricardo Santos is actually very good, just seemingly has a nightmare whenever he plays us.
When everyone in football is convinced that something will happen, often it doesn't. 
Ergo, I think we'll fluke a battling 1-1 draw. We'll play not much better than the other night but perhaps get a bit more luck

I'm constantly perplexed when their fans state that he is outstanding. Whenever I've seen him, he's been an absolute donkey with the turning circle of a tanker. He's obviously a decent player in other games but we targeted him in the home game and he got sent off. I suspect that might happen again.

My missus is a season ticket holder so I see alot of them, here's what I've seen:

Trafford their GK on loan from Man City will play for England one day (yes he's that good)

Bradley the RWB looks a cut above this level and is on loan from Liverpool and definitely won't play League 1 football again anytime soon.

Santos despite having bad games against us is probably the best centre half in the league.

Dempsey/Morley have formed a great midfield partnership

Shoreditch looks far too good for this level (on loan from Man U) he looks a premiere league player in the making

Charles is scoring goals and the worrying think is they have options such as Jerome, Adebayajo, Ndunulu to make an impact.

Unfortunately I see a Bolton 3-0 win

Unfortunately Bolton don’t need to get out of second gear to do us today! I just hope we don’t get to bad a pasting. Let’s hope Bolton are over confident and a bit jaded after Wednesdays game ! Anything from this game and I would be ecstatic. My first impression of league one was the Bolton game at home when I realised how much more physical it is than league two . I do think we lack a bit of physical presence, a few games we have been out muscled. 

Strongest side we've put out for a while. Optimistic we can give them a decent game. 

Who's this clown commentating for them on ifollow? ... looks like another game on mute.

DURING

7 hours ago, Sam Kelly said:
Who's this clown commentating for them on ifollow? ... looks like another game on mute.

Think it's the same guy as 2020, saying how they could still easily win it when we scored our 6th. Most partisan commentator ever

Have we actually kicked off and this is not a dream.  

Come on Vale.  Just concentrate and get another goal please.

And we can’t lose 6-0 now

Still time for Vale to mess it all up.  Great start for Vale and yes I thought Bolton would be starting better than they have done.

1 shot.

1 goal.

Every single week

Normal service resumed.

We have had good spells, but think the 2nd half will be Bolton walk into our third and score again.

How I would love that to be wrong, but like many others don't think we will win this now.  They have too much quality as they can afford to pay their wages.  

I'd actually say we've been the better team, but yet again Loosing because we can't defend.

Not a lot wrong with that at all. Think we have played well. Just think Bolton have better players than us where it matters.

Bolton commentary team very complimentary about us. Said we are one of the best footballing teams they have seen this season. 

We've played well first half. Played some good stuff & should be ahead, nevermind behind. We just look absolutely terrible every time the ball is anywhere near our box. We are a shambles at the back & in goal. It's so frustrating.

To play as well as that & still be behind, I fear we're in for a long 2nd half as they won't be as bad as that again 2nd half.

2 outstanding saves from the Bolton keeper as well

One of the Bolton commentators saying Vale are THE best side hes seen at Bolton this season. Won't be enough for some of the Negatives on here. 

Being the better team over all does not always get you points.  2 mistakes - 2 goals.  

They are trying to get the equalizer, but you always feel Bolton have another gear to go into if needed.  They have tall quality players on the pitch.

Thought was a decent performance against the inform team in the division. Again any shots on target go in. We were the better team in that game.

The Sky stays say Bolton have had 5 shots and 2 on target. Both those went in. We urgently need to take action on the goalkeeping situation.

5 hours ago, dazzerjames said:
How is that not a penalty

Nailed on that was. He kicked him in the face! That got given against us a couple of years back

Well I thought we played well and I'm in a much better mindset for the next few games now. However, the obvious is the obvious. Play like that we will get results.
I didn't see the first goal, as ifollow was being a dick, so can't comment.
The second goal was luck for them, the way it dropped. I'm not sure the keeper was drastically at fault or the defenders. It was just one of them.
I think if we were in the playoffs or whatever this game would be classed as we played well and didn't deserve to lose. Both of which are true .
Because of our poor run it just looks like the same old same old, but this was much more encouraging.
It was a good game.
UTV

Dominated today at Bolton for 80% of the game. I'd have been disappointed with a draw based on the performance, so to lose is a real sickener. Absolute rob job from Bolton today, they won't believe they've won that game.

Played them off the park imo. Poor defending for the two goals and that occurred during a poor 10 min spell. Other than that far better. 

4 hours ago, Dan de lyon said:

Tough luck guys you were so much better than I expected today and to be fair at least deserved a point but keep playing like that and you’ve absolutely no fears of going down. To be fair we were poor but I suppose that’s probably to be expected after the euphoria of Wednesday night and reaching Wembley? At least we didn’t get tonked like Plymouth did today at Posh which probably was also the effect of their win on Tuesday? We certainly needed those points today and there were times I thought we might not get them but good luck for the rest of the season and I really don’t think you need to worry because no way are those below you as good as you are on todays evidence.

Dan, very gracious of you to comment on our performance today. We have played a strong team today so perhaps you’re putting BWFC down. It gives reassurance to us fans when we get a positive opinion from an opposing fan. Hopefully the players will be read your comments on Monday morning. Thank you 

Bigger attendance at Bolton than the Mighty Potters 

Difference in the 2 teams, Trafford, U21 England goalkeeper, in 2nd season on loan from Man City.

Had we had their No.5 Santos in our team we’d have won. We just need a big uncompromising centre to command our box.

AND we've just played a team who have way above our budget and will be up there for promotion.  We've given THEM  a run for their money. 

BUT all WE can do is focus on the negative 

10 hours ago, DomRepWanderer said:

One here from a Morecambe fan.

The Bolton fans are horrendous. We have them a week on Saturday and after the problems last year the game has been changed to a 12-30 ko.
They invaded the pitch here at The Mazuma and turned a disabled man out of his shop-rider among other things.

When the lock-down was on in 2020/21 and no fans allowed in grounds , hundreds of them travelled illegally to Morecambe and stood on the land by the road only for Evatt and his team to reward them by coming across and applauding them !

Be nice to see them miss out on promotion.

Some more from the 6 fingers

Tbh, if both Stanley and Morecambe were to stay in L1, I’d rather see Bolton promoted so we never have to host that bunch of yobs again.

Seems like my evaluation of Trafford’s dangerous challenge was correct and also my assessment of the failure of the referee to apply FA Laws Rule 1……….
Quote my earlier post……

Robert Mitchell
In my honest opinion James Trafford used “excessive force” in wiping out Coyle last night. Which is a Red Card offence according to FA Laws of the Game, Rule 1. Quote. “Using excessive force is when a player exceeds the necessary use of force and endangers the safety of an opponent and must be sent off“.

There should be a retrospective disciplinary action to ban Trafford and to consider the referee’s failure to apply the Laws of the game. Shocking, but nothing will change……..this referee will be officiating at a League match somewhere on Saturday no doubt!http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/images/accysmilies/idunno.gif

Get fit soon Liam. Best wishes.http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/images/stanleysmilies/wub.gif

Tommy Leigh has been ‘Retrospectively Cited’ for the relatively mild use of an elbow. Compare that with the excessive force used by James Trafford on Liam Coyle which was far far worse IMHO! If Tommy Leigh get as a three match ban then Trafford should be banned for a much larger number of matches.http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/images/accysmilies/mad.gif

We’ve had several (almost) full houses this season, with very passionate and vociferous fans, from much ‘bigger’ clubs.
But none other Bolton showed such thuggish and infantile behaviour.

Should we ever have the ‘pleasure’ of hosting Bolton again I’d be happy if the club limited their tickets to the absolute minimum*, confined them to the Coppice Terrace (except for a few spaces and seats for less able), and took a hit on the gate receipts. I’d even be willing to chip in a fiver to offset the loss.
Who needs a house full of morons?
If that’s how they behave when they’ve won….

* even @ 10%, 500 Bolton fans could be too many.

Bolton boss thinks even the yellow card was harsh, words fail me!

Proper benders

23 minutes ago, matty2094 said:

All pretty fair and balanced in Vale-land

PRE-MATCH

DURING

Fair and balanced indeed, they were not a bad outfit by any means, strong, quick going forward, two handy front men, got plenty of good ball into them esp first half. Huffed and puffed a bit second half, final ball let them down a few times. One of the better sides we've faced at home so far