Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

A View From The Other Side

matty2094

1 hour ago, waffer cup 07 said:

Anyone bemoaning  our crowd against Doncaster, needs to look just up the road and think again. Rovers lying in 7th place in the championship got a crowd of 9,038, last night against Peterborough.

Presumably their crowd was even than 9k, if it includes S/T holders that didn't turn up like we do.  Looking at swathes of empty blocks at for eg Reading, Middlesrough, Bristol City this week, the official attendances look laughably exaggerated.  The i-follow thing for these winter night matches has a lot to answer for, it really needs looking at.  I use it myself for midweek aways but I'd be happy for it to have the same restrictions as Saturday games for the sake of attendances/atmosphere.

32 minutes ago, bwfc2003 said:

Seem to remember BR not having many ST holders as they put them on sale late

I heard they sold 7k, but it was more to do with high prices than when they put them on sale.  Much more expensive than our's.  Tickets for upcoming PNE game are £30 and above.  Hope they come down a bit before we play them next!

36 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Without  Venkys Roverrrrs would be dead and buried by now.

Total apathy around Deadwood these days.

They hate their owners, hate their manager and hate going to games.

Fuck ‘em.

Think the shit close to hitting fan at Rovers, think someone mentioned FFP issues on the horizon for Rovers, could be playing them soon. 

On 26/11/2021 at 06:46, Mounts Kipper said:

Think the shit close to hitting fan at Rovers, think someone mentioned FFP issues on the horizon for Rovers, could be playing them soon. 

They have Brereton to sell, which will help their financial situation but maybe hurt them on the pitch.

• 1 month later...

Mrs 2094 dropped off in town, couple of tinnies in the fridge, pizza ordered and 3 points for the whites.

Guess what's back you bunch of reprobates 

TractorBoysWays seem to make a thread for every single reply so these won't be in any particular order.

I had a dream last night that we beat Bolton Wanderers 2-0 and Wes Burns scored both goals. So there's the match prediction done. We'll see if I am psychic.

Feels like a big game today despite Bolton's recent form they are a far stronger team than the Gills and a different proposition to Wycombe (as McKenna has stated). Also our players have been playing with that new manager bounce energy and desire... that will fall away and is never sustainable.

For me we should win, given our players versus theirs, given that we now have an effective system, and given the confidence of another win.

On the plus side, I don’t think our right side of defence will ever have as bad a game as that. Afolayan is a good player but, with KVY devoid of confidence and Edmundson not match-fit or match-sharp, we made him look like Luis Figo.

Hopefully, the players will be looking to settle that score today.

I know some said this is only Bolton, but I do think today is the first time we'll see KM's real tactical differences to previous managers

I really REALLY want us to give them a proper tonking today.

I hate Notlob as much as I do the scum.

That result at home stung.

We need to return the favour.

They are better than the Gills, but that's not saying much.

Bolton are a poor team and we should be winning the match.

I’d take a point right now

Any team that presses high makes us nervous.

Yep. The fact they aren't 1-0 up has nothing to do with our solid defending, and everything to do with Bakayoko is only 6' 4" and not 6' 6"

Dapo coming on is a worry for me. We look slow, pedestrian and the errors are there. IF there's nothing KM can do about it, I think this Bolton sub will be what leads to goals for them.

No he's not ronaldo, but there's enough about him that we struggled with last time, let alone when against it and tired.

Bolton have come into it more and more, and look pretty threatening, especially on the break.

Boltons strongest side is their right, no idea why we've kept going over to Penney

Wait till we unleash Celina on 'em.

Play like dogshit and that's what happens. Been coming.

Good teams win when playing poorly, so not too worried about performance if we can nick a goal at the end.

Passing backwards, sideways, backwards in a pedestrian fashion won’t win many games . We were SO lethargic with no one taking responsibility for taking the game forwards, and inject some bloody pace in it . Far too slow . Bolton just sat back and took a rest frankly !

Well that has totally ruined my weekend... Passing backwards, sideways, backwards in a pedestrian fashion won’t win many games . We were SO lethargic with no one taking responsibility for taking the game forwards, and inject some bloody pace in it . Far too slow . Bolton just sat back and took a rest frankly !

We have under performed today and the result reflects that players have been outplayed Bolton looked more dangerous yet never had the possession we had off game which we don’t need.

Bolton have 3 players in todays sid back from injury, a new signing who's had 1 training session in midfield and a 19 year GK who we've barely troubled.

Thought until 1-0 it was a decent game of football for a neutral. However, Bolton just pressed us so much. They would be swarming our back line to the point I thought, if we get past them, we're in. However, we were so slow getting it forward that they had time to get back. We made them look like they had 15 players on the pitch.

Although I thought it was an awful game for the neutral. Boring as heck, mainly caused by us.

But several times I found myself looking and seeing how many Notlob players that were forward and shouting at our defence and midfield to move it forward quicker, and if we had, like you said, we'd have been in.

Bolton I thought were on top in that second half… barring our rally after going 2 down

Wouldn't go as far as "dominated", but Bolton have scored from their first shot of the half, haven't they?

We weren't very threatening in possession second half, but the idea that Bolton were "on top" is a real stretch. They created very little beyond the half chance that led to their first.

We weren’t very good. It was bloody cold again.

Arguably this was the first time someone did their homework on McKenna as they totally negated our midfield and isolated our outlets too often. Walton must hate playing these lot as noone in front of him turns up it seems.

Big chance to see what the prodigal boss is made of now. That’s about the biggest positive from an afternoon of sh1t. No wonder the Trotters walked all over us.

Confidence? Not sure it was that, more terrible passing, cheap giveaways and a lack of desire when Bolton pressed us.

Dont think we played as bad as some are making out...didnt deserve to loose really.

Was awful performance, players didn't seem to know what to do with the ball. Looked like all ideas and confidence had gone.

Bolton were poor but we were even poorer

As soon as the players started talking pre-game about "owing Bolton one" etc then I was a bit worried. Should have been approaching this like any other game, not focusing on some weird revenge for a game in a different time under a different manager.

“Didn’t play as badly as some make out”

Wonder what the ratio of forward passes to backwards passes was for us today ? And one of those unnecessary baboon passes gifted Bolton their second goal. We were 1-0 down snd we continued to pass it sideways … backwards … sideways. RARELY did a Town player take or even beat his opponent.

The press goes and we are outfought and outplayed by an ‘out of form’ Bolton - anyone with any footballing knowledge knew they were going to be a challenge.

Ashamed of the town fan who refused to sit down during the todays warm up when asked politely by an elderly couple behind him. They just wanted to see the shooting practice.

What a tw@t. I hope karma gets you.

Thought we coped OK with the press today actually. We've had most of the ball and territory, away from home, against a team that's 2nd in the league for possession.

Trouble today was our inability to hurt them when they retreated into shape and the levelling of our revolver at our own feet multiple times.

Of course as soon as I ask us to consider the Banter Era may be ending we would lose to Bolton of all people. I’ll take this on the chin, apologise, and move on.

Bolton seems to have the measure of us this season, that's for sure. I'm not necessarily trying to say that today was a positive, as it wasn't, but it does give McK the chance to see what he might need to do over the next two weeks.

45 minutes ago, matty2094 said:

Mrs 2094 dropped off in town, couple of tinnies in the fridge, pizza ordered and 3 points for the whites.

Guess what's back you bunch of reprobates 

TractorBoysWays seem to make a thread for every single reply so these won't be in any particular order.

I love that even Ipswich hate us. Notlob 🤣

Forgot this thread existed. Nice to see it back!

Funny how many of their fans thought it was an awful performance from them  Seemed like quite an even game in many respects and decent chances for both sides. They failed to really test Trafford much but I thought they gave us a decent game.

3 minutes ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

Great to read those comments. 

"Kings of Anglia" - my arse. 

"Tony Mowbray, George Burley, Crossbow Cannibal, Bobby Robson, John Wark, David Sheepshanks, Barry Knight, Alan Brazil,  your boys took one hell of beating. Barry Knight, your boys took one hell of a beating."

• 2 weeks later...