Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

A View From The Other Side

matty2094

• Site Supporter
14 hours ago, matty2094 said:

No we never gifted them a goal, the first was an absolute cracker and the 2nd a well timed run and decent header.

It was a very entertaining game in which "both" sides missed chances and flowed from end to end.

We can say whyte missed a great chance but so did Doyle who somehow put in wide which should have been 3-1and their sub put it over from 8 yards or so.

unfortunately it the same old same old on here after a defeat and i suspect some revel in it strangely, anyone who watched the game and thought we were shite saw a very different game to me.

Is about the most accurate and balanced response.

Good thread this 👍

• Site Supporter
44 minutes ago, desperado said:

quoting some Oxford Forum…
unfortunately it the same old same old on here after a defeat and i suspect some revel in it strangely

Imagine if we had someone who revelled in our losses. 

Speaking of Hughmungus, perhaps we could give him the draws to get pissy about as well as the losses.

Come out Hughmungus, is your keyboard fucked?

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Morizio said:

The absence more proof that they’re not actually a Bolton fan. 

The question you put last season @MickyDre iFollow I don’t think was ever answered. 

Ooh, I’m not scrolling back but what was my question?

I fucking love this thread. (Until we lose and I have to read gloating bastards)

Interesting seeing the mix of responses, really shows how differently people see a game, obviously bias and emotion plays a big part.

I think the overwhelming and correct analysis is that - it was an even game which could have ended up with more goals for both sides.

Funny someone said in the match thread that people tend to remember chances against them and not close ones that their own team had. Seems like the opposite for a few of the Oxford fans.

Lee should’ve made it 3-1 (what is it with him and finishing? remember Newport away last season?) and I think we had a couple off the line.

1 hour ago, bolton va va said:

A decent account of the day from an Oxford fan........

https://www.rageonline.co.uk/fans-view-2021-22-no-5-bolton-away/

Decent read that, does amaze me that folk after a game want to walk through other team supporters being pricks. 
I do enjoy these camera angles, notice over season how often when we score Doyle is running through towards goal in case there is a rebound 

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Ani said:

Decent read that, does amaze me that folk after a game want to walk through other team supporters being pricks. 

walking from west stand to tesco you see the same group of lads every game (or at least, there's always a group of lads) hanging around somewhere between the away turnstiles and the away coaches looking for a chance to do something

they were even waiting on MK Dons but the police walked over and told them to fuck off

the stewards wasted no time in charging down the loud gobby lad who I think threw a punch at an oxford fan

and no doubt they'll be there again looking for burton's top boys next  time out

If anyone on here or anyone else reading this forum hasn't got a ticket for tomorrow and is able to go,I urge them to please get a ticket.Do we really want to be outnumbered by that lot at our own ground?We'd never hear the last of it!If you haven't been to any matches this season,surely you know someone who has,so you can purchase a ticket through them.

This is a decent occasion tomorrow and I'm looking forward to it.A local derby at home against our fiercest rivals with a place in the next round at stake.Then the potential for a great draw against one of the big boys,with great financial rewards and the benefit of possible media coverage of our club being on TV.

Jumping the gun here but thought I'd share this from Wiggin's forum. 

Be mental if there's more away fans than home, probably a few wanderers in the home end too. End of the day, the result is the main thing, but thought this desperation for people to buy tickets to save face was quite funny.

• Members
50 minutes ago, Ani said:

I do enjoy these camera angles, notice over season how often when we score Doyle is running through towards goal in case there is a rebound 

You’ll get 3 goals a season off rebounds 

4 hours ago, bolton va va said:

A decent account of the day from an Oxford fan........

https://www.rageonline.co.uk/fans-view-2021-22-no-5-bolton-away/

Very fair account.  Pity he had to come across the bell end behaviour at the end of the match, considering he'd had a drink in Horwich with no problems.

On that issue, did anyone else see the obviously Trans Oxford supporter walking down De Haviland way and up past Barnstormers after the match?  She had a wide brimmed floppy hat on and was sashaying down the road flicking very camp 'v' signs to Bolton cars tooting their horns.  She seemed to be spoiling for a response and ended up in a brief row with some old bloke.

"Next May is more important than a one off cup tie against an insignificant bunch of idiots from Leigh and Horwich.
Chorley and Alty are our rivals not some half baked Pillock's who see us as their main rivals."

-jeffsright on latics speyk

Love how he just burned himself by calling their true rivals Chorley and Alty 

Edited by Mantra

• Members
20 hours ago, Duck Egg said:

On that issue, did anyone else see the obviously Trans Oxford supporter walking down De Haviland way and up past Barnstormers after the match?  She had a wide brimmed floppy hat on and was sashaying down the road flicking very camp 'v' signs to Bolton cars tooting their horns.  She seemed to be spoiling for a response and ended up in a brief row with some old bloke.

Saw her chasing a load of kids outside the ESL trying to twat them with a brolly for singing "are you a man or a woman" at them before the game

22 hours ago, Rudy said:

You’ll get 3 goals a season off rebounds 

Is that a known stat or just your opinion?  Just wondering if that changes in lower leagues as defenses keepers maybe more likely to present chances?

But anyway, it is a sign of a good striker, always sniffing for a goal and first to react.

• Members
11 minutes ago, CambridgeBWFC said:

Is that a known stat or just your opinion?  Just wondering if that changes in lower leagues as defenses keepers maybe more likely to present chances?

But anyway, it is a sign of a good striker, always sniffing for a goal and first to react.

I used to know the rebound stat. I think it used to be something like rebounds off the keeper back into a scoring position was 8 times ( I don’t know what scoring position meant exactly) 

Used to be a good stat for shearer where he averaged 4 goals a season for getting in at the near post for crosses and nipping in before a keeper, watch what strikers do now they will gamble at a byline ball going in at the front post 

22 hours ago, Duck Egg said:

Very fair account.  Pity he had to come across the bell end behaviour at the end of the match, considering he'd had a drink in Horwich with no problems.

She got a parking ticket for parking on the pavement, saying the double yellows didn't apply on the pavement.  Was blaming every Bolton fan that walked past.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Y'know that set of 'other side' opinions from Oxford & how they were generally pretty reasonable ?

Well, I think that balanced view stops tonight.

It’ll either make very interesting and entertaining reading or we just won’t bother with it.