Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Gigs

L/H White

• Members
1 hour ago, green genie said:

Undecided on Primal Scream at Castlefield Bowl. Saw them in dub phase before when unfortunately wasn't off my face so was dull. Screamadelica could lean that way. 

Are they doing Screamadelica in full? If so I’m up for that, throw in kill all hippies and you’re laughing 

The Libertines were on form headlining Playground Festival in Glasgow yesterday. Also saw James, Fauves, Acid Ultras and Glasvegas for the first time in years. Great day out but the queues for a pint at night were a disgrace.

Edited by tshape

• Members
58 minutes ago, tshape said:

The Libertines were on form headlining Playground Festival in Glasgow yesterday. Also saw James, Fauves, Acid Ultras and Glasvegas for the first time in years. Great day out but the queues for a pint at night were a disgrace.

Want to go and watch libertines in Manchester. Completely forgot about Glasvegas! 

Saw Glasvegas support James a few years back. V average for me.

Johnny Marr was excellent last night - mix of solo & Smiths stuff. Best act of the night.

Courteeners seem a spent force now for me. Must have seen them two dozen times+ and they just seem on the wane. I know they’re not everyone’s cup of tea, but it’s a great karaoke singalong do, and it’s still that, but just doesn’t seem as special as it once was. 

I am going to see them at Brixton in Nov, but mainly cos I’ve never been there before 

Blossoms were quality as ever but seemed to be on v early and didn’t get as much crowd as they deserve.

Charlatans booked for Dec. Did have James the night before too but can’t make it now.

Great to have live gigs back anyhow 👌🏻

Edited by jules_darby

• Members
6 hours ago, jules_darby said:

Saw Glasvegas support James a few years back. V average for me.

Johnny Marr was excellent last night - mix of solo & Smiths stuff. Best act of the night.

Courteeners seem a spent force now for me. Must have seen them two dozen times+ and they just seem on the wane. I know they’re not everyone’s cup of tea, but it’s a great karaoke singalong do, and it’s still that, but just doesn’t seem as special as it once was. 

I am going to see them at Brixton in Nov, but mainly cos I’ve never been there before 

Blossoms were quality as ever but seemed to be on v early and didn’t get as much crowd as they deserve.

Charlatans booked for Dec. Did have James the night before too but can’t make it now.

Great to have live gigs back anyhow 👌🏻

Seen courteeners twice, one after their first album at Apollo and it was brilliant. Then saw them support stone roses and my god I was bored. 
If they did that first album in full I’d watch them.

They were the the best years of my life, courteeners, Kasabian, the enemy, oasis, libertines, James, specials, primal scream, saw them all in one year, adidas trainers covered in ale not a fuckin care in the world.

Now I’m tidying up paw patrol figures slagging off American golfers whilst I wait for the kettle to boil. 

• 2 weeks later...

Did Fontaines DC at the Academy on Wednesday and Thursday night. Was at the front in the mix on the 1st night and stood to the side on the second. They're a fucking great live band. Won't see them now til July with The Strokes in Lytham. Also, I've no idea when they started doing them but 2 pint pots at music venues is the future.

On 09/10/2021 at 05:17, tshape said:

Did Fontaines DC at the Academy on Wednesday and Thursday night. Was at the front in the mix on the 1st night and stood to the side on the second. They're a fucking great live band. Won't see them now til July with The Strokes in Lytham. Also, I've no idea when they started doing them but 2 pint pots at music venues is the future.

Me & Zico Kelly came a cropper to the 2 pint pots in Glasgow a good few years back watching Faith No More. TBF though, the Jaigermeister chasers and all day drinking didn’t help the cause. Cracking gig though.

Edited by Smiley

• 4 weeks later...