Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Gigs

L/H White

Went to watch Suede at Victoria Warehouse tonight, got postponed through Covid and rearranged to tonight. Not really my bag but went for the gf who loves them. 

They start playing and she's in tears. Turns our her and her brother used to listen to them on cassette all through the 90s. He passed away in summer, a helicopter paramedic, RAF Cadets sergeant and all round hero.

She said this is the first time she has felt any joy since then, dancing around with a massive smile on her face.

What more could you wish for?

26 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Went to watch Suede at Victoria Warehouse tonight, got postponed through Covid and rearranged to tonight. Not really my bag but went for the gf who loves them. 

They start playing and she's in tears. Turns our her and her brother used to listen to them on cassette all through the 90s. He passed away in summer, a helicopter paramedic, RAF Cadets sergeant and all round hero.

She said this is the first time she has felt any joy since then, dancing around with a massive smile on her face.

That's lovely, but also a reminder that you don't bring joy to her 😉

2 minutes ago, Traf said:

That's lovely, but also a reminder that you don't bring joy to her 😉

Fucking dragged her to New Order in Tuscany and gave some BWFC stickers to Fiorentina ultras while we danced about to Temptation what more does she want fucks sake.

• Members
33 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

That is so lovely. 

• Members
19 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Passed up on free Suede tickets last night.

Couldn't be bothered and had a pitch this morning. The joys of age and responsibilities.

😂😂😂😂

Who were supporting them , Kula Shaker. 
I’ll wait for you to tell me they were a pioneer of 90s music. 

Just now, Rudy said:

For someone who has such a high opinion on music you don’t half like some shite 

Didn't say I liked them, just I was offered a free ticket.

If I could be bothered, I could bore you with the fact that Suede did have a bug impact on the direction of pop.music after the grunge explosion. The famous 'Yanks Go Home' cover and what led to Britpop and your beloved Oasis, but I can't do all the work for you, although if you'd like to know more I can recommend some great books.

• Members
2 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Didn't say I liked them, just I was offered a free ticket.

If I could be bothered, I could bore you with the fact that Suede did have a bug impact on the direction of pop.music after the grunge explosion. The famous 'Yanks Go Home' cover and what led to Britpop and your beloved Oasis, but I can't do all the work for you, although if you'd like to know more I can recommend some great books.

I may take you on that but I honestly don’t have time to read at the moment and I have a list of books I can’t even get close to st the moment 

Gracias though. 

You have reminded me of a thread I wanted to post I’ll do it later keep your peepers peeled 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Youri McAnespie said:

I was told they'd cancelled - the bontempi organist one slipped getting out of the bath and broke his hip.

The shouty one is having a pacemaker fitted too.

Leave Sleaford Mods alone.

Or fight you, I will.

They're old men.

Existing only to make hen-pecked kid-powfagged knackered middle-aged men still feel 'edgy'.

If any yoof are reading - outside any of their gigs is absolutely perfect for selling snide drugs to dads in 'casual' jeans and dandy coloured Spezials.

Latest tour - Sponsored by Simplicity Cremations.

Edited by Youri McAnespie