Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Gigs

L/H White

I've IDLES, HMHB, Alabama 3, Ozric Tentacles in the bag for 2022 so far.

I might take the plunge and just start going to shit on my own next year, folk I know are less and less inclined to leave their houses or locals.

Only done it once when someone dropped out on the day due to illness and I really didn't want to miss the gig (The Murder Capital) and it wasn't as bad as I thought, but did have a bit of a "sad cunt" thing in the back of my head.

3 hours ago, ErnestTurnip said:

I might take the plunge and just start going to shit on my own next year, folk I know are less and less inclined to leave their houses or locals.

Only done it once when someone dropped out on the day due to illness and I really didn't want to miss the gig (The Murder Capital) and it wasn't as bad as I thought, but did have a bit of a "sad cunt" thing in the back of my head.

Where are the Ozrics on ?

Nowt wrong with going to gigs on your own.

Easy to find people to chat to.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Could be tempted by the Alabama 3 

Love my country acid house

9 hours ago, embankment said:

Where are the Ozrics on ?

Nowt wrong with going to gigs on your own.

Easy to find people to chat to.

Think you're right, was just odd the first time.

The Ozrics are on at the Deaf Institute (I'll double check that) but I'm not sure if I've dropped a bollock and it's some sort of streaming thing.

Looks like the gigs might finally be on next year that were bought for 2020. So I've been listening to get upp to speed with Pearl Jam, as I really wanted to see the Pixies but quite like PJ. However, I realised I've not listened to anything by them ppost Vitalogy so been going through their old records.

So far I really like Gigaton, No Code has about two good songs but Yield seems much better. Lightning Bolt seemed ok.

Have to say they seem to have had about ten years where they could have made one really good album

When pissed up a few weeks ago the Mrs got tickets for the warehouse project for tonight despite us not attending that sort of night out for about 10 years. 

She bought ticket cancellation insurance. Nice one

We knew we weren't going weeks ago because we're old as fuck and haven't got a midnight finish in us let alone a god knows what time... Nice one. Claim the insurance. 

Today. The DJ she wanted to see has covid and isn't even on anyway. Nice one. CLAIM THE INSURANCE. 

It's now passed the start of event. She hasn't even been arsed to claim the insurance... 

Women. Special special breed 

I've got fuck all idea what it's cost... 🤣