Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Gigs

L/H White

15 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

They're ace but I've managed to miss them up to this point, hope to put that right a couple of times by this point next year their live shows look like a lot of fun.

The two occasions I’ve seen them both happened to be at Christmas so it’s been double fun in that sense.

Twice last season they were in far flung towns where we’d played the previous week, annoyingly. 

5 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

The two occasions I’ve seen them both happened to be at Christmas so it’s been double fun in that sense.

Twice last season they were in far flung towns where we’d played the previous week, annoyingly. 

Feels like they're gonna end up being pretty big, from pub back rooms in Leigh to European tours! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

went watching John Richardson on Friday night

not done comedy in ages, can't remember the last time I did, only went because mate had a spare ticket

very good, very very funny

might watch 8 out of 10 cats or whatever he's in

• Site Supporter
On 23/01/2023 at 13:44, Zico said:

went watching John Richardson on Friday night

not done comedy in ages, can't remember the last time I did, only went because mate had a spare ticket

very good, very very funny

might watch 8 out of 10 cats or whatever he's in

Add 8 out of 10 cats does countdown. Often very funny.

• 4 weeks later...

Bleddy awesome set from Pastel in Brizzle last night aided load of their mates from Swansea coming over. Hopefully new album gets them attention they deserve 

Venue Thekla, which is a converted barge ship is a cool place, which would be worth checking if they have band or club night for when you’re down in May as not much else going on later that would suit the demographic 

On 18/02/2023 at 06:51, green genie said:

Bleddy awesome set from Pastel in Brizzle last night aided load of their mates from Swansea coming over. Hopefully new album gets them attention they deserve 

Venue Thekla, which is a converted barge ship is a cool place, which would be worth checking if they have band or club night for when you’re down in May as not much else going on later that would suit the demographic 

Did you stop to watch Afflecks Palace? What do you make of them? Feel like they are trying too hard to be “trendy” in a retro kind of way. Pastel should be headlining the tour. Far better and very good prospects.

1 hour ago, Smiley said:

Did you stop to watch Afflecks Palace? What do you make of them? Feel like they are trying too hard to be “trendy” in a retro kind of way. Pastel should be headlining the tour. Far better and very good prospects.

Exactly same opinion. Undoubtedly great musicians you can see from Roses tribute act but every one of their tunes you think it is going to break into Waterfall and the front man is stuck between trying for Brown / Gallagher swagger which should be natural and Billy Bragg fuck the man.

Really hope Pastel can get enough momentum to break the ties or AP realise half crowd are there for them and share top billing 

PS. Yoof snr who is watching loads of bands atm has same opinion 

Edited by green genie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 01/03/2023 at 14:37, Not in Crawley said:

Thus Love at the Windmill in Brixton on sat.

Looking forwatd to it, but I'll be the oldest there by a mile I reckon.

Scud FM play there on 1st April. Wish I was going down on the Saturday now rather than on a coach on the Sunday. Still haven't been to The Windmill 

55 minutes ago, tshape said:

Scud FM play there on 1st April. Wish I was going down on the Saturday now rather than on a coach on the Sunday. Still haven't been to The Windmill 

It's a brilliant place, already booked for another gig there. Super lovely people and just a great mix.

Get yourself along as soon as you can.

2 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Not a gif as such but Standing at the Sky's Edge this afternoon at the National using Richard Hawley's music about the iconic flats in Sheffield.

Was very good.

Fancied that when it was on in Sheffield. I really like that album.