Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Gigs


L/H White

Recommended Posts

  • Moderators
11 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

The Enemy probably means very little to very few people, but to people of a certain age in my certain situation at the time, fuck me they wrote the bible. Proper bucket list fodder to see them tonight.

Spending most of the gig with @L/H White and his DMB mate an unexpected bonus  

You’re not alone, you know.

 

i thought theyd split up

im not of a certain age or in a certain situation but i liked the sound they made

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
On 30/09/2022 at 01:09, Leyther_Matt said:

The Enemy probably means very little to very few people, but to people of a certain age in my certain situation at the time, fuck me they wrote the bible. Proper bucket list fodder to see them tonight.

Spending most of the gig with @L/H White and his DMB mate an unexpected bonus  

You’re not alone, you know.

Great band.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 22/09/2022 at 11:36, green genie said:

Pastel were great again last night in Exeter.

Theyre playing Gorilla for Neighbourhood Festival Oct 1st.

Ordered that next EP on all 3 vinyl colours. Won’t ever open or play them. Investment for when they hit the big time. Fingers crossed!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 26/09/2022 at 09:06, mickbrown said:

Anybody got Ian Brown tickets?

£40 to watch him do shit Karaoke.

For Everyone a Refund (I nicked that).

 

I thought IB was spot-on last Friday at Victoria Warehouse. A few pints in you forget there’s no band, he’s swaggering around the stage, out of tune, dancing like a madman and the whole world is good for an hour and a half. Wife enjoyed it. And begged for a kebab afterwards! Life doesn’t get any better. Apart from missing the last bus home!

Edited by Smiley
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Smiley said:

I thought IB was spot-on last Friday at Victoria Warehouse. A few pints in you forget there’s no band, he’s swaggering around the stage, out of tune, dancing like a madman and the whole world is good for an hour and a half. Wife enjoyed it. And begged for a kebab afterwards! Life doesn’t get any better. Apart from missing the last bus home!

Sounds like a belting night out.👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Smiley said:

I thought IB was spot-on last Friday at Victoria Warehouse. A few pints in you forget there’s no band, he’s swaggering around the stage, out of tune, dancing like a madman and the whole world is good for an hour and a half. Wife enjoyed it. And begged for a kebab afterwards! Life doesn’t get any better. Apart from missing the last bus home!

 

Yea agreed pal, was beltin, and he does have us all in the palm of his hand.

His songs to do what he wants with, was a beltin gig for me.

The company was not bad either.🤘

Edited by Pablo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Smiley said:

Ordered that next EP on all 3 vinyl colours. Won’t ever open or play them. Investment for when they hit the big time. Fingers crossed!!

Just the one colour for me.

Both my yoofs love the Roses but reckon they’ll cash in on my collection of 12” with prints pretty sharpish when I peg it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, green genie said:

Just the one colour for me.

Both my yoofs love the Roses but reckon they’ll cash in on my collection of 12” with prints pretty sharpish when I peg it.

I've got the Stone Roses LP bought on day one of release.

Will that be worth owt?

Edit - Just googled - £190 !

Edited by mickbrown
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

I've gone down a vinyl rabbit hole

There's money in first pressings apparently. Who knew?

My copy of Screamadelica is worth £135.

There must be thousands of quids worth up in my loft. Not even had a record player for knocking on 20 years

Scary isn’t it? Got the first edition of LP plus all 12” with artwork prints. Darent let you’d know value

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, green genie said:

Scary isn’t it? Got the first edition of LP plus all 12” with artwork prints. Darent let you’d know value

Just been up in the loft. They are stood up in a plastic boxes.  Missus has stacked suitcases on top of them!

Next rainy non match weekend I'm pricing them up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have pretty much everything by The Damned up until around 1986. Problem is, I don’t know where any of the 7” are. Divorce, house moves, etc. Think it could be in my brothers loft. God only knows what condition they could be in. Also have all the King Kurt 7 and 12 inches somewhere.

These Pastel vinyls are my first foray into the investment market. Think they tend to double and treble in value within weeks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Smiley said:

I have pretty much everything by The Damned up until around 1986. Problem is, I don’t know where any of the 7” are. Divorce, house moves, etc. Think it could be in my brothers loft. God only knows what condition they could be in. Also have all the King Kurt 7 and 12 inches somewhere.

These Pastel vinyls are my first foray into the investment market. Think they tend to double and treble in value within weeks.

Deeper Than Holy listed at £100 on ebay

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, emus wig said:

Dinosaur jr still got it fantastic powerful performance last night particular  highlights been there all the time and feel the pain .  

Looking forward to it BUT sunday night gigs should be made illegal. I don't want to go to Kentish Town on a sunday night.

When I booked it it was a thursday at Brixton. Booooo!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Looking forward to it BUT sunday night gigs should be made illegal. I don't want to go to Kentish Town on a sunday night.

When I booked it it was a thursday at Brixton. Booooo!

No problems in Hull on a Thursday night in the bohemian triangle 😐 . Enjoyed the whole day support band did their job  IPA at £3 a pint was an unexpected bonus . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.