Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Gigs

L/H White

57 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Piece Hall in Halifax looks like a great venue from what I'm seeing in videos from New Order tonight. I had no idea it was so vast, it looks like it could be a plaza in Italy or Spain!

I saw Embrace there a couple of years ago. 'twas a good gig in a good venue

22 hours ago, TrickyTrotter said:

Del Amitri

Steve Hackett

Billy Cobham

Wishbone Ash

Robin Trower

Rick Wakeman

All to fit in before xmas. Owe my mate for tickets for all, expensive few months.

Got Ozzy early next year (finally) if he survives the dead pool.

Where are you seeing Mr Trower?

22 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Seen him before he was brilliant, as were the last shadow puppets 

He played a couple of LSP songs last weekend - which surprised me. Thought he would've only play his own solo material. But fair play, may as well knock them out - good tunes.

• Moderators
On 08/09/2021 at 19:18, Marc505 said:

Piece Hall in Halifax looks like a great venue from what I'm seeing in videos from New Order tonight. I had no idea it was so vast, it looks like it could be a plaza in Italy or Spain!

I'll admit I was stunned when I went, been to Halifax before and never spotted it. Incredible place.

It was a bit shit for the Shed 7 gig with massive queues for food and chaos at the bogs with the pissers being difficult to get to. A lot better for The Cribs on Friday.

What's the dress code for New Order tonight?

1 hour ago, Carlos said:

I'll admit I was stunned when I went, been to Halifax before and never spotted it. Incredible place.

It was a bit shit for the Shed 7 gig with massive queues for food and chaos at the bogs with the pissers being difficult to get to. A lot better for The Cribs on Friday.

What's the dress code for New Order tonight?

I'm going to look out for other gigs there really want to give it a go, Halifax was the first place I heard of a Sunday roast burrito too, still require one of those!

Actually going with walking shoes tonight. Walking shoes and a mountaineering jacket. #GeographyTeacher

1 hour ago, Marc505 said:

I'm going to look out for other gigs there really want to give it a go, Halifax was the first place I heard of a Sunday roast burrito too, still require one of those!

Actually going with walking shoes tonight. Walking shoes and a mountaineering jacket. #GeographyTeacher

Waterproof a must tonight.

31 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I’m fuckin annoyed at that. 

Pavement 

Presidents of United States of America

pixies

Stevie wonder 

All acts I’ve missed out on multiple times 

PUSA played Manchester when we were on our honeymoon in LA having played not far from where we were staying on our actual wedding day.

• Members
39 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Pixies are playing Bingley next year.

Splendid 

34 minutes ago, Smiley said:

Talking of Pixies. That Pixie Lott at the NTAs last night. Skirt so short - the front 3 rows could all see her growler. 

😂reminds me my old mentor, every time a blondie song came on he would say “I seen Debbie Harry in 76, front row I was, white dress, could see right up it, white knickers”