Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

2 years ago today

Leyther_Matt

Two years ago today, Parky finally resigned from the impossible job and so many of us genuinely thought we were done for.

Fast forward to now and the difference is incredible. Everything so positive on and off the field.

I know it’s been said countless times recently, but it’s bloody brilliant to be feeling excited about each and every game.

Edited by Leyther_Matt
Can’t count. Dickhead.

• The title was changed to 2 years ago today
34 minutes ago, marple whites said:

The buzz after the game today around the whole club is immense - just how far we have come is so hard to believe.

Yeh, loads of little ‘uns with Wanderers shirts on, lot’s old faces spotted who haven’t been near the place for a few years, plenty of very enthusiastic youth etc.

The place is buzzin’ & the players are tapping into it - it feels great.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

9 hours ago, marple whites said:

The buzz after the game today around the whole club is immense - just how far we have come is so hard to believe.

One thing I noticed was the amount of people that were still there at the final whistle, songs going round the ground after the whistle went, no mad rush for the exit like the fire alarm’s just gone off - people wanted to stay and revel in it which I’ve not seen even after other wins within the last 5-7 years

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

One thing I noticed was the amount of people that were still there at the final whistle, songs going round the ground after the whistle went, no mad rush for the exit like the fire alarm’s just gone off - people wanted to stay and revel in it which I’ve not seen even after other wins within the last 5-7 years

Yes that's noticeable at the moment.  Likewise when losing at home to MK Dons in injury time and in the rain, not many left the ground early compared to previous seasons.  Ground would have been half empty before the board went up 2 years ago.  

If the reports were true Parky left us having written off some money owed to him as bonus'. Taking it would have simply added to our inviability at that time.

So, & I'm a big critic of his managerial style, his dour, dull, desperate football, many of his signings & his failure to bond that last group despite ... even because of ... the adversities, I will always have a respect for that side of him.

If it's correct.

Put it this way, he was no Megson or Freedman & way less confusing than Hill.

... & I'm stunned he got the gig, & the relative pot of gold to spend, at the current Wrexham regime. I anticipate a decent start, some fall back from that & then retrenchment. Fall out amongst the currently cock-a-hoop fans and him exiting after failing to get promoted ... again. 17 seasons they've been out of the Football League.

Edited by Dr. Feelgood

10 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

If the reports were true Parky left us having written off some money owed to him as bonus'. Taking it would have simply added to our inviability at that time.

So, & I'm a big critic of his managerial style, his dour, dull, desperate football, many of his signings & his failure to bond that last group despite ... even because of ... the adverities, I will always have a respect for that side of him.

If it's correct.

Put it this way, he wS no Megson or Freedman & way less confusing than Hill.

... & I'm stunned he got the gig, & the relative pot of gold to spend, at the current Wrexham regime. I antivipate a decent start, some fall back from that & then retrenchment. Fall out amongst the currently cock-a-hoop fans and him exiting after failing to get promoted ... again. 17 seasons they've been out of the Football League.

At a time when there was nothing good at the club Parky was a decent bloke.

The decision to get rid was right, his style of football is dire and outdated. 

• Site Supporter

Think we've done well to get Evatt.  He's just got the mix and management style of non league in terms of the groups closeness and that seems to radiate. 

Can we keep him? I doubt it will be long till big clubs come knocking at the door.... more so if we get back to back promotions. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, only1swanny said:

Think we've done well to get Evatt.  He's just got the mix and management style of non league in terms of the groups closeness and that seems to radiate. 

Can we keep him? I doubt it will be long till big clubs come knocking at the door.... more so if we get back to back promotions. 

If we got back into the championship, would he be tempted by another club in the same league, especially given the owner wouldn't be Sharon, who he clearly has a good relationship with.

Moreover, he may fancy getting us up again to the top.

Beyond that, where does he go- the very top would require more experience I reckon, which he may as well gain with us rather than a Newcastle etc.

14 hours ago, Eddie said:

One thing I noticed was the amount of people that were still there at the final whistle, songs going round the ground after the whistle went, no mad rush for the exit like the fire alarm’s just gone off - people wanted to stay and revel in it which I’ve not seen even after other wins within the last 5-7 years.

It just needs Reebok Voice or whoever it is now to hold off blasting out the music as soon as the final whistle goes. It really took the edge off the celebratory songs from the crowd after the MK and Oxford games for me.