Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Loan Watch 2021/22

TrickyTrotter

Keeping an eye on the young Whites out on loan this season.

Luke Hutchinson played in Atherton Colls 3-0 home win over Basford Utd. 

Matt Alexander played in Lancaster City's 7-2 away win at Grantham Town

Dennis Politic was on the bench for the second time this week for Port Vale today but has yet to get any game time.  I guess he isn't match fit yet.

Sogndal play tomorrow.  We'll see if Ronan Darcy is there and makes an appearance.  

Not surprised Dennis hasn't had any mins yet after cramping up in the reserve match last week. It's set up for him to impress though, Vale struggling massively for goals early on. They need a spark to kickstart them, saying that he'll be playing alongside Proctor so don't expect any Politic assists

Matt Alexander was singled out for praise in Lancaster City's 2-0 defeat of Stalybridge on Tuesday night.

“They targeted our young goalkeeper Matthew Alexander but he did not bat an eyelid. He did a really good job so the clean sheet was as much for him as anyone else.”

Luke Hutchinson was in goal for Atherton Colls 2-0 Tuesday defeat by Workington but was reported to have made a number of great saves, and he got a mention in Evatt's press conference today.

Interesting rivalry between the two of them.  I saw Hutchinson in the pre-season friendly at Chorley and thought he played well.  I suspect he's ahead of Alexander in Evatt's mind.

Dennis Politic played in a behind close door friendly on the same day for PV and scored.

24 minutes ago, blackleywhite said:

I'm sure lots of folk are reading this and not saying owt but I appreciate this thread and please continue with it Tricky 👍

Thanks and I will.  If others aren't interested that's no problem. Each to their own.

The club's coverage of reserve, U18 and junior football is pretty poor to be honest.

Hopefully one (or more) of these guys on loan will be the future of the club.

17 hours ago, TrickyTrotter said:

The club's coverage of reserve, U18 and junior football is pretty poor to be honest.

I think that might be by design tbh to avoid drawing too much attention to potential stars, particularly as I think they can restrict how many scouts etc are admitted to games at younger age groups.

On 22/08/2021 at 17:50, TrickyTrotter said:

Sogndal drew 1-1 away at Start this afternoon and are currently sitting third in their league.  

No sign of Ronan Darcy in their starting line up or on the bench.

Noticed Sogndal are managed by Erik Bakke who was at Leeds Utd for 7 seasons between 1999-2006.

Only just been announced on official club socials. 

Must have been delays in permits or whatever. 

Sogndal lost yesterday at home 1-2 but Ronan wasn't in the match day squad.

Dennis Politic was in the squad for Port Vale who won at Forest Green with a brace from former Trotter Jamie Proctor - can't believe Proctor is only 29.   

He didn't get on the pitch.  I presume he can't play against us on Tuesday night, but who knows.

Luke Hutchinson was in goal for Colls 2-0 defeat by Morpeth Town yesterday beaten by a header from a corner and a penalty.

Matt Alexander kept a clean sheet in Lancasters 3-0 win over Mickleover.

Tomorrow they come face-to-face when Colls host Lancaster in a bank holiday fixture.  I know there are a few Colls fans on here, so if anyone goes it would be good to hear how both of them perform.

3 hours ago, Traf said:

I heard both Darcy & politic were offered extensions, but only Darcy signed his?

Yeah they both got offered but I've only seen the announcement that Darcy signed. 

Hope politic also signs. Would like to keep a few of the young lads who we fielded v Coventry. 

1 hour ago, TrickyTrotter said:

Tomorrow they come face-to-face when Colls host Lancaster in a bank holiday fixture.  I know there are a few Colls fans on here, so if anyone goes it would be good to hear how both of them perform.

I might have ventured down if it was at the Axe.