Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Loan Watch 2021/22

TrickyTrotter

1 hour ago, TrickyTrotter said:

Tomorrow they come face-to-face when Colls host Lancaster in a bank holiday fixture.  I know there are a few Colls fans on here, so if anyone goes it would be good to hear how both of them perform.

I’ll be going. Hadn’t even twigged they’d both be playing so cheers for the reminder.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Hutchinson has had a good first half in goal for Colls and made a worldie of a save. Had a clash of heads when claiming a corner though and has been down quite a while getting treatment. Doesn’t look good at all. 

Oh dear, keep us updated please.

3-1 to Colls.  Hutchinson looked very assured and agile.  Challenge on him was terrible, with no chance of winning the ball, went straight through him and possibly headed the back of him.  Not even booked. 

Ambulance still hadn't turned up deep into the 2nd half and the poor lad was still lieing on a stretcher near the exit.  Hopefully he'll be fine, looks a decent prospect from that brief look.  Difficult to judge Alexander, had zero to do in the first half except pick the ball out of the net from a great goal, top corner.  A pen 2nd half and a header in top corner, didn't have much more involvement.

First time I've watched Colls except against us, and great to see familiar faces from my youth growing up in Athy.

Dave Norris played for Lancaster, was briefly with us around 2000 before going to Plymouth, Ipswich etc, he's 40 now and still playing.

4 hours ago, TrickyTrotter said:

Jay Fitzmartin has joined Stalybridge on loan.  See him a couple of times this season, lots to learn.

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2021/september/-jay-fitzmartin-joins-stalybridge-celtic-on-loan/

Interesting one as I believe first refusal was offered elsewhere. Will certainly do him so good to get kicked about a bit at that level. 

No games for Darcy and Crawford this Weekend due to the international break.

Still no sighting of Greenidge in Barnet's match day squad.  They lost anyway and have had poor start to the season.   Early days but they are in the relegation zone with 1 point. Think they also have financial problems.  Suspect we are paying lhalf of Greenidges wages.

Luke Hutchinson sat out Colls 1-1 draw with Bridlington in the FA Cup First Qualifying Round due to the concussion protocol.

Matt Alexander kept a clean sheet in the same competition for Lancaster in their 1-0 win over Northwich.

Jay Fitzmartin played the full game for Stalybridge in their cup game but they lost 1-0 to Colne.  Stalybridge fans not happy  with their manager and his long ball tactics.

Quick round up of tonight's non league action.

Jay Fitzmartin was on the bench for tonights Stalybridge Celtic league game at home to Basford Utd.  He came on for the last 30 minutes but Celtic went down 2-0.

Matt Alexander was in goal for Lancasters home league game v Warrington Town.  He was beaten by a 2nd half header as Lancaster lost 1-0.  As mentioned earlier in the thread ex-Trotter David Norris plays for Lancaster and made his 700th career appearance tonight. - he was substituted on 70 minutes.  

Luke Hutchinson is still out injured for Atherton Colls, but Colls won their cup replay 3-1 tonight to progess to the next round.

Edited by TrickyTrotter

League update first

Again no game time for Politic as Port Vale won at Swindon.  He was on the bench so presumably reasonably fit, but unless he gets some time on the pitch he's never going to get match fit.  Slightly worrying, and given that IE has said that we aren't improving his contract offer, you wonder what the future holds for him.  He'll always be a favourite here for his efforts in 19/20, but at the moment we are moving on as club without him.  Time yet I suppose.

Ronan Darcy has agreed his contract but agin no game time at Sogndal yet.  They play this afternoon but he's not in the match day squad.

Ali Crawford played 85 mins for St Johnstone against Rangers yesterday.  Former White Michael O'Halloran put St Johnstoe  1-0 up but Gets came back to win 2-1.  O'Halloran seems to have been round a long time but is still only 30.  33 goals in 267 games isn't a great return for a forward though.

• Members
1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I didn't know that Politic hadn't signed his new contract until I read that yesterday. 

Don't know the nature of it, but he ought to think carefully.

Might be more than money, playing time as well. He wouldn’t get in the side at the moment