Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Loan Watch 2021/22

TrickyTrotter

Lancaster City signed keeper Aidan Dowling on a 28 day loan from Blackburn today and he started for Lancaster.  No idea what has happened to Alexander.

Similarly Luke Hutchinson was dropped to the bench at Atherton.   Disappointing.

Jay fitzmartin played 70 minutes in Stalybridge's 3-0 defat at Warrington.

On 09/10/2021 at 19:09, TrickyTrotter said:

Similarly Luke Hutchinson was dropped to the bench at Atherton.   Disappointing.

To introduce a bit of positivity today, I feel I must point out he was back in the side against Bamber Bridge on Tuesday and pulled out three absolutely world class saves. Doing him the power of good to be playing ‘proper’ football. 

21 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

To introduce a bit of positivity today, I feel I must point out he was back in the side against Bamber Bridge on Tuesday and pulled out three absolutely world class saves. Doing him the power of good to be playing ‘proper’ football. 

Good news.  I rate him as I've said before.  Colls unfortunately beaten today.

Jay Fitzmartin was carried off non a stretcher after 10 minute for Stalybridge.  Hopefully nothing too serious.

Ali Crawford didn't play today.  He's out for 3 weeks with a groin injury.  Sogndal play tomorrow.

Adam Senior played in Ashton Utds win today.  I think he is impressing at that level according to reports.

Reiss Greenidge made the bench at Barnet for the first time!

Regarding Matty A at Lancaster, he was on the bench yest at Radcliffe.

i think he’s been a bit unlucky to be dropped, not done much wrong, not had much luck either, like at Coll’s, hardly touched the ball but let three in.

its tough being a keeper! 

He may of been a bit bullied by strikers on one game but he’s young and hopefully learned from it. It’s “character building” !

Few weeks ont bench then go again in November, let’s hope he bounces back. 

Its easy for a team Mgr to make the keeper a scapegoat if goals are going in, it’s up to matty to show some resolve n come back in good form when he gets another chance. I’m sure he will! 

On 16/10/2021 at 19:16, Biggish Dave said:

Glad to see Politic get 45 mins and a goal today. Hopefully be starting soon and furthering his education

That goal was outstanding.  Real quality and composure.  Also interesting to note he seemed to be playing centrally if the goal is anything to go by.  Has to play down the middle when he returns, as an alternative/successor to Sarcevic/Lee (nothing against those 2, just saying he should compete with them, not with Isgrove/Kachunga etc).

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

That goal was outstanding.  Real quality and composure.  Also interesting to note he seemed to be playing centrally if the goal is anything to go by.  Has to play down the middle when he returns, as an alternative/successor to Sarcevic/Lee (nothing against those 2, just saying he should compete with them, not with Isgrove/Kachunga etc).

Read a report in the Stoke Sentinel, said he played on the left of a front 3.

Quality goal though, must be buzzing

I just meant he's wasted as a winger, I agree he's not an alternative to Lee, he plays further forward and should have no defensive responsibility.  He's an attacking midfielder/No 10/in the hole, whatever you want to call it.  Those players are rare and it would be a shame to put him out wide in an Isgrove role, he needs to be taking on the centre backs because he can turn them inside out or shoot from 20 yards.

11 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I just meant he's wasted as a winger, I agree he's not an alternative to Lee, he plays further forward and should have no defensive responsibility.  He's an attacking midfielder/No 10/in the hole, whatever you want to call it.  Those players are rare and it would be a shame to put him out wide in an Isgrove role, he needs to be taking on the centre backs because he can turn them inside out or shoot from 20 yards.

If you think Evatt is ever going to pick a player and have him have no defensive responsibilities then you need your bumps feeling.

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, DazBob said:

If you think Evatt is ever going to pick a player and have him have no defensive responsibilities then you need your bumps feeling.

What about those players who stay on half way line when we’re defending corners?

🤣🤣🤣

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Good point!  I'm being idealistic I know.

Know what you mean though. Front line is the first line of defence, a striker's defending comes from closing defenders down and making it difficult for them to set off attacks.

Don't need them treading on centre halves' toes though. 

6 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Know what you mean though. Front line is the first line of defence, a striker's defending comes from closing defenders down and making it difficult for them to set off attacks.

Don't need them treading on centre halves' toes though. 

Modern wingers do almost as much defensively as offensively, so Isgrove over Baka for me, because he's comfortable and a safe pair of hands around our own penalty area.  But with only playing one striker, who suffers from being isolated, there's an argument for the No 10/attacking midfielder doing less defensively in his own half surely.  And if Politic does end up playing for us, we'd be losing a lot of his attacking ability by asking him to come back as much as other midfielders.

• Site Supporter
23 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Modern wingers do almost as much defensively as offensively, so Isgrove over Baka for me, because he's comfortable and a safe pair of hands around our own penalty area.  But with only playing one striker, who suffers from being isolated, there's an argument for the No 10/attacking midfielder doing less defensively in his own half surely.  And if Politic does end up playing for us, we'd be losing a lot of his attacking ability by asking him to come back as much as other midfielders.

Aye.

At the moment we have an imbalance, and we've seen Sarc arguably sacrificing some of his attacking nature. 

With Lee and MJ it perhaps give Sarc more license to go forward and not worry so much about what is behind him.

Non league round up first

Adam Senior missed a penalty but scored again for Ashton Utd in their 1-0 away win at Bamber Bridge.

Reiss Greenidge got on the pitch for the first time this season for Barnet in the 63 minute.  They were already 0-3 down, the final score.

Luke Hutchinson played in Colls 1-0 defeat to Gainsborough.

Matt Alexander was on the bench in Lancaster's home defeat to Matlock.

Jay Fitzmartin is still out injured.

Sure I read somewhere defender Ryan Colvin had gone out on loan this week, but can't find any mention of it.

Edited by TrickyTrotter