Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Loan Watch 2021/22

TrickyTrotter

• Site Supporter

Looks to have played well, the paper gave him a decent mark too.

No point even thinking of recalling him until he’s regularly playing 90 minutes though - looks like he’s starting getting towards that too. Another month of so of gradually improving his fitness and we have a decision to make

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Rudy said:

Definitely 

Seconded.

Similar to Dapo- if someone came in for him in January with an offer we couldn't refuse, then DP looks a definite replacement. 

Saying that, if Kachunga is playing at the same time as Dapo, then why not both Dapo and Politic.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Problem with kachunga he’s on a 2 year deal on probably decent dosh, doubt we could off load him 

Loan him out somewhere?

May have to cover his wages to a degree, or maybe a free if someone else is interested.

Don't see it happening though- reckon Evatt is sticking with him, at least for a while.

Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Loan him out somewhere?

May have to cover his wages to a degree, or maybe a free if someone else is interested.

Don't see it happening though- reckon Evatt is sticking with him, at least for a while.

If we could loan him fantastic!

I don’t think many clubs will be sniffing though😀

Great to see those snippets of Politic, plays the game in that fearless, confident way that's similar in a way to a young Rooney, as if he's playing against his mates in the street.  And noticeable he's playing down the middle, not half wasted out wide as he was under Hill.  In hindsight its incredible that we signed Kachunga to effectively replace him.

18 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Great to see those snippets of Politic, plays the game in that fearless, confident way that's similar in a way to a young Rooney, as if he's playing against his mates in the street.  And noticeable he's playing down the middle, not half wasted out wide as he was under Hill.  In hindsight its incredible that we signed Kachunga to effectively replace him.

He was out injured. So hardly a decent comparison. 

1 hour ago, stevieb said:

He was out injured. So hardly a decent comparison. 

He was lacking fitness yes, but not injured as such, as he had made appearances in pre-season games.  Kachunga was also short of fitness, as we kept being reminded when he didn't seem to be upto speed. 

Its not a criticism that we signed him, I'm talking with the benefit of hindsight, I think we all saw the sense of signing ex Huddersfield promotion winning player Kachunga, he's just not lived up to what we expected yet.

13 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

He was lacking fitness yes, but not injured as such, as he had made appearances in pre-season games.  Kachunga was also short of fitness, as we kept being reminded when he didn't seem to be upto speed. 

Its not a criticism that we signed him, I'm talking with the benefit of hindsight, I think we all saw the sense of signing ex Huddersfield promotion winning player Kachunga, he's just not lived up to what we expected yet.

No I agree. In hindsight... 

But you could see what Evatt had in mind when he sent him out on loan. Hope it doesn't back fire and we lose him. 

I'd have politic back in a flash. He's got something about him that is exciting to watch. Like someone said... Plays like he's playing against his mates. Not afraid to run at people or have a shot. 

Not saying he's a world beater yet but better than what we've got on the bench at the moment. 

No issue with his loan, he's still not played 90 minutes in a league game and he wouldn't be getting much (any) game time here.  The issue is the stalemate over a new contract.

Once he's fully fit get him back in January and let's go from there.  But he will have competition from new signings I hope.

Edited by TrickyTrotter

13 hours ago, TrickyTrotter said:

No issue with his loan, he's still not played 90 minutes in a league game and he wouldn't be getting much (any) game time here.  The issue is the stalemate over a new contract.

Once he's fully fit get him back in January and let's go from there.  But he will have competition from new signings I hope.

He'd be a better option than most/all of the potential signings we'd be able to make in January. 

Especially now Sarce has gone he's got a free run at nailing down that No 10 role if he properly wanted to apply himself. 

The worry for me though is that he hasn't taken kindly to Evatt's approach to his situation and has already moved on in his own mind. 

19 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

He actually apears to be playing on the left of a front three.

When he was at his best for us it was during the second half of the season under Hill when he took the spot vacated by Verlinden on the left wing.

3 hours ago, Anderson said:

He'd be a better option than most/all of the potential signings we'd be able to make in January. 

Especially now Sarce has gone he's got a free run at nailing down that No 10 role if he properly wanted to apply himself. 

The worry for me though is that he hasn't taken kindly to Evatt's approach to his situation and has already moved on in his own mind. 

How could you possibly say he will be a better option than most or all possible signings in January! Firstly you don't know who Evatt will bring in, how they will fit in and  Politic hasn't even started a game in Lge 2 yet! Given Evatts record in bringing in new players I'd say you talking nonsense. 

26 minutes ago, Max Cherry said:

How could you possibly say he will be a better option than most or all possible signings in January! Firstly you don't know who Evatt will bring in, how they will fit in and  Politic hasn't even started a game in Lge 2 yet! Given Evatts record in bringing in new players I'd say you talking nonsense. 

He started Saturday and got an assist; subbed after they went 3-0 up which was the final score

Edited by RUREADY2ROLL

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, Max Cherry said:

You have a point. That said, he seems to be doing well and you'd expect him to be able to offer us something, certainly no worse than Kachunga. 

5 hours ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

He actually apears to be playing on the left of a front three.

When he was at his best for us it was during the second half of the season under Hill when he took the spot vacated by Verlinden on the left wing.

Fair enough, I honestly can't remember where he lined up.  I just recall seeing him bearing down on defences down the middle, similar to the clips of him playing for Vale, and the goals I recall him scoring for us v Tranmere, Coventry and Bradford where he always seemed to be around the 'D' or the penalty spot.  He may have been told to play on the wing but I can't remember him doing a lot of "wing" play.  I could be wrong, its just my take on what made an impression on me 2 seasons ago.