Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Loan Watch 2021/22

TrickyTrotter

5 minutes ago, stevieb said:

I really hope Denis makes it here I really do.

He'll be one of the ones you'll remember from that Coventry game and that team of kids we had to field for a few games. 

Showed a glimpse of real potential. 

I’d like to see him back & signing a new contract but doesn’t seem likely at the moment. 

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, stevieb said:

I really hope Denis makes it here I really do.

He'll be one of the ones you'll remember from that Coventry game and that team of kids we had to field for a few games. 

Showed a glimpse of real potential. 

He looked a step in front then.

I also liked the way Darcy played with his head up, and thought he'd do well once he filled out and matured.

Not so sure now, though Evatt gave him a new deal, so who knows.

20 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’d like to see him back & signing a new contract but doesn’t seem likely at the moment. 

Not all Vale fans are convinced though Mounts and he can’t seem to get a regular first team spot at the moment , so I suppose it’s down to how IE sees it in January when Denis has had that bit longer and if he wants to call him back. In fairness though, Vale aren’t a small club, they’ve always been under Stokes shadow but they do have a potentially big fan base and if he does get the offer, he may consider it better to stay there?

• Site Supporter
On 10/11/2021 at 17:26, Whitesince63 said:

Not all Vale fans are convinced though Mounts and he can’t seem to get a regular first team spot at the moment , so I suppose it’s down to how IE sees it in January when Denis has had that bit longer and if he wants to call him back. In fairness though, Vale aren’t a small club, they’ve always been under Stokes shadow but they do have a potentially big fan base and if he does get the offer, he may consider it better to stay there?

They're doing very well and he's part of that. 

If they were languishing and he wasn't getting regular games then time to be concerned maybe.

As it is, I reckon its going OK for him.

Senior played in York's 0-0 draw.  They sacked their manager Steve Watson immediately after the game.  

Edwards played 70+ minutes for Southport's in their 4-1 win.

Defeat for Luke Hutchinson at Colls, concede 2 goals.  Similarly defeat for Reiss Greenidge at Barnet.

No game time for Matt Alexander nor Jay Fitzmartin who is still injured.

• Moderators

Aye, switched it on to see a kid who should aparently walk into our first team and it seems he cant get a kick in a league below 

I'm an old fucker who has never been as proud as the Coventry day, and would love to see some of em make it, but I reckon evatt is all over it