Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Loan Watch 2021/22


TrickyTrotter
 Share

Recommended Posts

League update first

Again no game time for Politic as Port Vale won at Swindon.  He was on the bench so presumably reasonably fit, but unless he gets some time on the pitch he's never going to get match fit.  Slightly worrying, and given that IE has said that we aren't improving his contract offer, you wonder what the future holds for him.  He'll always be a favourite here for his efforts in 19/20, but at the moment we are moving on as club without him.  Time yet I suppose.

Ronan Darcy has agreed his contract but agin no game time at Sogndal yet.  They play this afternoon but he's not in the match day squad.

Ali Crawford played 85 mins for St Johnstone against Rangers yesterday.  Former White Michael O'Halloran put St Johnstoe  1-0 up but Gets came back to win 2-1.  O'Halloran seems to have been round a long time but is still only 30.  33 goals in 267 games isn't a great return for a forward though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I didn't know that Politic hadn't signed his new contract until I read that yesterday. 

Don't know the nature of it, but he ought to think carefully.

Might be more than money, playing time as well. He wouldn’t get in the side at the moment 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Rudy said:

Might be more than money, playing time as well. He wouldn’t get in the side at the moment 

Hmmm, of course.

However, he can't get in PV's team either. At least the security of a contract gives him the time he needs to break into a team. If he gets little game time this season, free agency isn't going to be great for him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Traf said:

Hmmm, of course.

However, he can't get in PV's team either. At least the security of a contract gives him the time he needs to break into a team. If he gets little game time this season, free agency isn't going to be great for him.

Exactly. 

Evatt has already said he likes him, and wouldn't have offered him a new deal otherwise.

Mad not to sign. 

Get fit, and get into port vale's team and take it from there.

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, TrickyTrotter said:

League update first

Again no game time for Politic as Port Vale won at Swindon.  He was on the bench so presumably reasonably fit, but unless he gets some time on the pitch he's never going to get match fit.  Slightly worrying, and given that IE has said that we aren't improving his contract offer, you wonder what the future holds for him.  He'll always be a favourite here for his efforts in 19/20, but at the moment we are moving on as club without him.  Time yet I suppose.

Ronan Darcy has agreed his contract but agin no game time at Sogndal yet.  They play this afternoon but he's not in the match day squad.

Ali Crawford played 85 mins for St Johnstone against Rangers yesterday.  Former White Michael O'Halloran put St Johnstoe  1-0 up but Gets came back to win 2-1.  O'Halloran seems to have been round a long time but is still only 30.  33 goals in 267 games isn't a great return for a forward though.

if all them are in the Jock league he must be shit 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

When he played for us he looked wasted out wide. Far more effective central.

I don't remember him playing central very often, certainly not under Hill. He started on the right and then as the second half of the season began he moved to the left hand side after Verlinden left and was at his most dangerous cutting inside.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Rudy said:

Might be more than money, playing time as well. He wouldn’t get in the side at the moment 

Whilst that's clearly true, or he wouldn't have been sent out on loan, its not difficult to imagine a full fit and firing Politic competing with Isgrove, Lee and Delfouneso as either a wide player or attacking midfield.  Or even as an understudy/alternative to Sarcevic as a No 10.  Only one of those 4 is in the "first name on teamsheet" bracket and hopefully Politic can aspire to that level, injury permitting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Non League and more no-shows.

Still no sign of Reiss Greenidge at Barnet and Luke Hutchinson is still out.

Lancaster lost 1-0 with Matt Alexander in goal, whilst Jay Fitzmartin started for Stalybridge but they continued their winless run and he was substituted after 66 minutes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Vale's manager at the time of signing him said he wanted a left footed winger & turns out they use wing backs. They don't even play with a 10 either... it's a 3-5-2 with a flat midfield. Thier fans wanted to try a new formation as they was sick of having no goals a few weeks ago but results are starting to pick up. To the surprise even Proctor is banging them in for fun so it looks like DP won't get a look in until they hit a desperate spell where goals/results dry up. Doesn't look like a good move for him... especially with the contract situation. Has Greenidge been abducted by aliens? It's like he vanished from the planet after Cheltenham. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Crawford been talking to the local paper in Scotland about his mental nightmare here.  His Misses is doing the same over Twitter as well.  Claims he was the fall guy last year in the poor run at the start of the season.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/2525078/ali-crawford-st-johnstone-midfielder-turned-to-mindset-coach-as-bolton-nightmare-unfolded/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TrickyTrotter said:

Crawford been talking to the local paper in Scotland about his mental nightmare here.  His Misses is doing the same over Twitter as well.  Claims he was the fall guy last year in the poor run at the start of the season.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/2525078/ali-crawford-st-johnstone-midfielder-turned-to-mindset-coach-as-bolton-nightmare-unfolded/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

 

Fall guy? Bullshit.

Crellin, Gordon, Greenidge, Taft, Mascoll, White, Comley also got bombed out of the squad.

Why?

Because they weren't good enough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Traf said:

Fall guy? Bullshit.

Crellin, Gordon, Greenidge, Taft, Mascoll, White, Comley also got bombed out of the squad.

Why?

Because they weren't good enough.

You missed off Hickman and Delaney!  That list had arguably never been good enough for league one, and never will be (we'll make an exception for the resurrection of Gordon).  Crawford proved he could play effectively in league one 2 years ago, so very much a surprise he couldn't get in a bottom half league 2 team.  As poor as he was playing he was never as bad as those others, he would still be included in highlights of better moments pre-Christmas, unlike the others. Big difference between Crawford and those, but correctly shown the door because we have better, different types of players now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd wager the door was as open to Crawford as it was to Gordon when they came back in July.
Gordon got his head down, worked hard and grasped the opportunity.
Crawford sulked about it.

No room for sulkers in our dressing room.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Traf said:

I'd wager the door was as open to Crawford as it was to Gordon when they came back in July.
Gordon got his head down, worked hard and grasped the opportunity.
Crawford sulked about it.

No room for sulkers in our dressing room.

Is it not also that Gordon is the stand in left back for John?  Crawford had too many players in front of him, he seemed to apply himself as well as anyone in friendlies, looked up for it, came on as sub v Blackburn etc.  Just not good enough as you said, not sure there was evidence of sulking was there?  Good luck to him in Scotland, he's had a tough couple of years since his injury.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 13/09/2021 at 21:25, Johnnyrotten said:

You missed off Hickman and Delaney!  That list had arguably never been good enough for league one, and never will be (we'll make an exception for the resurrection of Gordon).  Crawford proved he could play effectively in league one 2 years ago, so very much a surprise he couldn't get in a bottom half league 2 team.  As poor as he was playing he was never as bad as those others, he would still be included in highlights of better moments pre-Christmas, unlike the others. Big difference between Crawford and those, but correctly shown the door because we have better, different types of players now.

The first thing Hill did on taking over was re-sign Crawford ... & rightly so. The injury was unfortunate but he returned to find a new manager & he was playing with Sarcevic and, try as they, & Evatt might, they were in each others way. To be fair to them all it was given a good long effort but clear that Sarce was the one who'd survive.

A loan to a Hill managed Tranmere was a good option. They were going well. Again though, he faded. A non-Hill managed Tranmere chose not to re-sign him. He's never looked settled since.

His words yesterday suggest that he's now written off any further attempts to return to us ... & fair enough.

I genuinely wish him well & I hope he can recapture the form & joy in playing. 

 

Edited by Dr. Feelgood
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I won't lose sleep over it. Could deffo do it in league 1 but maybe evatt doesn't see the desire in him that he needs in some of the others. 

Gotta trust it. It's now working.

But he spent 2 years training under Hill. 

I'd be wondering what the fuck I was doing with my life after that too.

All the best Ali. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A number of non-league matches tonight but again no sign of the lesser spotted Greenidge.  

No game time for Luke Hutchinson but he was on the bench for both our U23s and Colls today.  Hopefully Luke will be back in the Colls side this weekend.

Matt Alexander played in Lancaster's draw at Morpeth.

Big success of the night was Jay Fitzmartin who on his 19th birthday provided all 3 assists in Stalybridge's 3-0 win at Scarborough.  Wonder if he had a party hat ready behind the goal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.