Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Burton (H)

TrickyTrotter

1 minute ago, Dimron said:

14 corners

75% possession

You might have meant this, but those stats back up the points being made. It is still an area of weakness, the one ball of real quality that was put in and it is Kachunga in there, for me Doyle scores that as that is the service he will thrive off. But we barely beat the first man or put floated balls in from wide and corners which keepers and defenders will clear out all day long.

30 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Sooner Bakoyoko back the better he’s the key to breaking down these deep defences. Must say though Burton offered nothing in final 3rd and were absolutely awful to watch. 

Agree but Isgrove has done alright. Thought Lee had a good game. We looked solid, breaking attacks down with ease. Maybe drop Sarc for Sheehan. 

All played well tonight. Stand outs - Dapo, Gordon and MJW.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Really enjoyed that, super performance 

everything but a goal, except we had one

Exactly

A few folk being ultra critical and forgetting we scored a perfectly legit goal.

They had 11/10 men behind the ball all night, which shows how far we’ve come already.

A clean sheet, also. But boooooooo

12 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I wonder if other teams get fucked over by poor officials as many times as we seem to do?

Thought Isgrove was superb tonight, as was Dapo and Santos, Liam Gordon, Lee and MJ.

IE needs to stop bending the Refs ear on the pitch after a game, it looks a bit small time.

Course they do, the officiating throughout the EFL is poor. Merely confirmation bias from watching us every week.

Small time for going after the ref? I’m sure many a premier league manager has done that!

Not a bad word to be said about any of our lads tonight. Fucking hammered them. Can't believe we've not won that one. 

Bastard ref completely incompetent, joker. 

Best thing to come out of this evening is that my nephews mum wouldn't let him come to a night match, little lad would've learned some new words tonight that I aimed at the officials 

Just now, Burndens Bogs said:

It won't do us any favours

Honestly, I think the opposite! Opinions and that!

Ref knows he owes us one next time! But you could argue that it’s just going to rub him up the wrong way or get Evatt touch line banned.

I’m sure Fergie was one who was always knocking on the officials changing room door though🤔

• Site Supporter

Just got home and watched fleetingly, mainly to ff to the goal.

However, in the build-up, they show a list of Burton win stats when they have 50%+ possession, 40-50%, 30-40% and it seems the less possession they have, the more likely they are to win.

1 hour ago, Didledee said:

The most undeserved point Burton will have for many a year, the officials will surely get demoted after this

1 hour ago, Dimron said:

Perhaps the powers at the EFL will see the poor quality of their refereeing... disgraceful

Are one or two forgetting that Mike Riley is in charge of match refs. The cunt we had tonight is more likely to be promoted than demoted.

We've not played that well for years.

On another night, the officials are strong enough not to get bullied into overturning a decision and on another night, they open their fucking eyes and see a blatant penalty.

Had we won 4-0 comfortably, Burton would have had no complaints.

Fergie carried clout though and  lets not forget,most Premier League Refs are/were Man U “fans”

Anyway, fuck Man U.  We could and should have beat Burton by 3 or 4 nil tonight and like Traf said, they could have had no complaints.

If we can continue to play like we did tonight, we’ll win more games than we lose.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

1 minute ago, Breightmet Boy said:

MJ Williams and Isgrove stood out for me, the pair of them were outstanding.  0-0, but a entertaining 0-0.   I feel very comfortable with Dixon between the sticks too, as does our defence they way they comfortably sprayed the ball about.

Santos was much better tonight; one fuck up but has his confidence back; not sure about Johnston. Disappointing not winning the game after that performance