Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Burton (H)

TrickyTrotter

Totally unrelated & not exactly important but on Monday Burton played in yellow ... & our keeper wore a mustard kit.

Very, very similar & potentially confusing at corners & set pieces.

I've seen similar in other team's games.

Why doesn't the ref (or, bigger picture & in advance  the League) make the keeper change ?

• Site Supporter
49 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Totally unrelated & not exactly important but on Monday Burton played in yellow ... & our keeper wore a mustard kit.

Why doesn't the ref (or, bigger picture & in advance  the League) make the keeper change ?

Our keepers kit isn't 'mustard' it's illuminous fucking orange. Get your eyes tested!

1 hour ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Worse than that was Burton coach on the touchline with a white shirt and blue shorts on

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

"Luminous", get an education.

I don't mean to step in on this battle of wits, but that means giving off light, illuminous means bright

in any case, I don't think they clashed

• Site Supporter
On 07/09/2021 at 08:44, Rudy said:

You won’t see a more one sided game all season

I’m a big fan of MJ and Lee, I think it gives us more balance 

Gordon played well, second half he got a bit more adventurous and he looked better. 

Dapo is a shining light in this league, just excellent 

I know we are talking different levels here but when Dapo starts running at defenders he reminds me of a young John Barnes, he just seems to glide past players at ease. 

• Members
20 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

I know we are talking different levels here but when Dapo starts running at defenders he reminds me of a young John Barnes, he just seems to glide past players at ease. 

Like they’re not even there Ronnie he gets given more respect in this league far too much for my liking if I was the opposition manager and he just flourishes 

Quite easily our best player this season

8 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Like they’re not even there Ronnie he gets given more respect in this league far too much for my liking if I was the opposition manager and he just flourishes 

Quite easily our best player this season

Be nice to see Dapo get some protection he’s been kicked pillar to post all season. 

• Site Supporter
32 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Be nice to see Dapo get some protection he’s been kicked pillar to post all season. 

I reckon part of his learning will be taking markers with him to create space for others to fill. Might not always have the opportunity to do his magic with the ball, but he can still be a genius with his clever movement. 

48 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I reckon part of his learning will be taking markers with him to create space for others to fill. Might not always have the opportunity to do his magic with the ball, but he can still be a genius with his clever movement. 

Peter Thompson style. Even of not passing his markers ... which he usually is ... tje opponents need to double up on him.

Very impressive so far this season.

One time, late on, on Monday he was ratyled & nearly reacted. I'd not blame him tbh but I'm sure the coaches noticed it.

21 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I'm fairly sure he made a gesture with his arms. Irrespective of that, it would have made no difference, and he may have got a yellow.

Ref isn't going to overturn that decision when he's looking right at the incident.

I personally think you are wrong but you are entitled to your opinion and I respect it.

The only reason that our disallowed goal process started was the instant apoplectic reaction from their keeper.

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, captainmed said:

I personally think you are wrong but you are entitled to your opinion and I respect it.

The only reason that our disallowed goal process started was the instant apoplectic reaction from their keeper.

I agree re their keeper. Ref should have been stronger.

No way was he overturning the non penalty though. Less "Grey area" as there was with the interference or not from Doyle.

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I agree re their keeper. Ref should have been stronger.

No way was he overturning the non penalty though. Less "Grey area" as there was with the interference or not from Doyle.

You're right with less grey area... It was a stonewall penalty! 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

You're right with less grey area... It was a stonewall penalty! 

Absolutely. He was looking straight at it. If he didn't think it was a pen, then he's not overturning following a protest. Just watched it back, and the game carried on so it was important that the players remained professional and not allow a breakaway goal.

• Site Supporter
41 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

But he overturned a goal that he had actually given when they complained so I don't see how you can say he wouldn't overturn that decision.... Apart from the fact that he was a complete & utter cunt obviously. 

I've explained why. The interfering with play rule is subjective, they were obviously aware that Doyle was in an offside position, but the ref gave the benefit of the doubt initially. 

Their player clearly influenced the ref, and I can only think it was something the linesman said afterwards. 

Wrong in my opinion, but the penalty was more of a yes/no decision. He didn't feel there was a foul, and unless the linesman flags for something he's seen, then a change of decision isn't happening. 

VAR may have changed both, but we dont have it.

• Site Supporter
47 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

But he overturned a goal that he had actually given when they complained so I don't see how you can say he wouldn't overturn that decision.... Apart from the fact that he was a complete & utter cunt obviously. 

The last sentence is correct.

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, Cheese said:

Our keepers kit isn't 'mustard' it's illuminous fucking orange. Get your eyes tested!

5 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

"Luminous", get an education.

5 hours ago, Zico said:

I don't mean to step in on this battle of wits, but that means giving off light, illuminous means bright

in any case, I don't think they clashed

I couldn’t possibly leave this without further comment. @Zico, are you saying @Cheese’s choice of word, despite @Dr. Feelgood claiming was an incorrect word, was in fact correct.