Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Ipswich Town (A)

burnden

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Ani said:

Think the fact I have convinced my self Cambridge is 'just over 2 hours' rather than nearly 3 does not help. As it is not much more than hour from there ( in my head) 

When we played Cambridge in 00 we stayed over at my brothers near Norwich because it made sense, being east anglia and all that 

It's about 70 miles away 

Took us about 5 hours on the friday night 

And a 4 hour round trip on Saturday 

And 5 hours back 

Lot of driving for a cup match

In.......but it's shite & their fans are absolute dicks. I think i've had more "heated exchanges " at Ipswich than anywhere, but never close to coming to blows, they're just gobby  yokels. 

The one small consolation on Knightgate was our van stopping at a pub about a mile from the ground afterwards, which turned into a "lock in" but the presence of a vanload of angry Bolton fans cut any celebrations & kept the locals v quiet while we had our own singsong.

The best thing about Ipswich is that it's next to the station so you can keep the time there to a minimum. Norwich is the opposite, a nice place & the locals are sound.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Dimron said:

I'll probably go. I work in the Suffolk area and a lot of the site people are Ipswich, they refer to us as "cheating Bolton" (after the Barry Knight match) just to wind me up. Agree Norwich is a much nicer day.

You need to get the suicide vest on and do the deed when you’re next on site.

You”ll always be remembered on here as one of the lads.