Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Ipswich Town (A)

burnden

Landmark result. Five away from home doesn't come around very often (I can remember a 1-5 at Sheff U in the 70s, the famous win at Leicester and the 1-5 at Leeds six or seven years ago). 

Nice to get one over Ipswich who strolled to a 0-5 over our kids last time we played them. Bolton are back with a bang! 

Next week's opponents Rotherham have conceded four today!

Watched with a smile, they really are a terrific team, Dapo is exceptional, was a bit greedy in wanting six, as it's not happened since the 90's, but that was more than enough, had a feeling we'd do some damage to Ipswich after the amount of chances and disgraceful officials vs Burton.

11 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Landmark result. Five away from home doesn't come around very often (I can remember a 1-5 at Sheff U in the 70s, the famous win at Leicester and the 1-5 at Leeds six or seven years ago). 

Nice to get one over Ipswich who strolled to a 0-5 over our kids last time we played them. Bolton are back with a bang! 

Next week's opponents Rotherham have conceded four today!

Should have gone to that match at Sheffield. But my EX wife stopped me. 
went a few years later and they put 5 past us. Their fans sang Remember, remember, remember……..

5 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Should have gone to that match at Sheffield. But my EX wife stopped me. 
went a few years later and they put 5 past us. Their fans sang Remember, remember, remember……..

Christmas 83 I think that was. But the win was 77/78 under Ian Greaves .. even Peter Nicholson scored.

Fact we are referencing a game 43 years ago shows how infrequently five away from home comes around. Only twice since then I think - until today

• Site Supporter
Just now, paulhanley said:

Christmas 83 I think that was. But the win was 77/78 under Ian Greaves .. even Peter Nicholson scored.

Fact we are referencing a game 43 years ago shows how infrequently five away from home comes around. Only twice since then I think - until today

Nicho didn't just score... He scored a screamer 😁

1 minute ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Nicho didn't just score... He scored a screamer 😁

Wasn't there but relatives were and that's what they say. Quite some night! I think the Leicester win on the first day of our Prem return probably tops the list though. Even though a 1-5 at Elland Road is not to be sniffed at!