Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Ipswich Town (A)

burnden

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

He just likes to poke the hornet's nest.

A few of us felt he needed to improve his end product- as did Evatt- which he now seems to be doing. Long may it continue.

Yeah that's about right.  There's a big difference between "he has the ability to produce more in front of goal" and "he's crap, why have we signed him".  From his first touch on his debut v Morecambe, it was clear he was a class above.  Now he's adding goals and a swagger he's looking like a championship player in waiting. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, paulhanley said:

Wasn't there but relatives were and that's what they say. Quite some night! I think the Leicester win on the first day of our Prem return probably tops the list though. Even though a 1-5 at Elland Road is not to be sniffed at! 

Loved the Leicester one & it was probably the outstanding one because of its context but for pure quality the Sheffield one was probably the best away performance I've seen from us apart from that night at Anfield. 

3 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Wasn't there but relatives were and that's what they say. Quite some night! I think the Leicester win on the first day of our Prem return probably tops the list though. Even though a 1-5 at Elland Road is not to be sniffed at! 

The performance that day at Sheffield was first class, pretty sure Woodward also scored a screamer that day, result was never in doubt but safe passage to the coach after the match was!! 🤣

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

The performance that day at Sheffield was first class, pretty sure Woodward also scored a screamer that day, result was never in doubt but safe passage to the coach after the match was!! 🤣

As ever at Bramhall Lane. Restless natives - as today at Portman Road. Hopefully the 550 of our lot in attendance don't get that type of hassle.

3 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Loved the Leicester one & it was probably the outstanding one because of its context but for pure quality the Sheffield one was probably the best away performance I've seen from us apart from that night at Anfield. 

I think we'd been on a minor poor run beforehand too. 

Today is right up there with all of those discussed. Really impressive.

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, Popeye doyle said:

I know it’s 20+ years ago but fuck ‘em.

34 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

We still owe them big style

But this helps!

For me that ghost was laid to rest the next season we met, doing the double over them and putting one of the final nails in their coffin for them never to return 

But I still love beating them more than most

7 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

As ever at Bramhall Lane. Restless natives - as today at Portman Road. Hopefully the 550 of our lot in attendance don't get that type of hassle.

Quite the opposite so far.  Been stopped a couple of times by Ipswich fans, they've all been complimentary.  Hoarse and on the beers now! 

• Moderators

Had the carrot crunch comms featuring mick bastard mills

Their surprise that their massive club wasn't wiping the floor with us was incredible

It was almost like they hadn't watched us on Monday

Given they have won something like 6 in 30 while we have lost a similar number. It defied belief

Oh, and the assertion dapo had been quiet had to raise a smile

9 minutes ago, BoltonBoy80 said:

Outstanding !!!

Rotherham home next. 
be great to have a larger crowd than Mk dons on, and smash them for that thrashing at their place 

I hope we beat them and I see the fat bastard who was waving his wallet at us from the home end at their place, that smug shithouse needs putting in his place.   Our kids got the piss taken, would be nice to make it 1-1 and stuff them

• Members

Dapo was something else today, went past players for fun 

MJ is the unsung lad of this squad he’s absolutely exceptional 

Dunno if their goal was a foul on Gordon or not but he played brilliantly after it, him and Dapo look great together, Sheehan and Sarc were a class above today