Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Ipswich Town (A)

burnden

• Site Supporter

Met up with a mate of mine,  an Ipswich fan before the game. 

His parting words; "may the best team win."

I pointed out our previous two games both had us with 75% possession but no goals and just one point to show for it. I told him someone could get the backlash. 

He laughed and said he didn't think it'd be Ipswich.

He texted me on about 60 minutes conceding defeat. 

Love being right. 

• Site Supporter

Dapo will be playing championship football next season without a doubt. Hopefully with us but a large bid and he’s away. Unplayable at times today.

What a cracking performance. I’m warming nicely to Dixon, just gets on with it with minimum of fuss.

All round solid performance apart from maybe first 5 mins and a 10 min spell towards the end of 1st half.

7 games in, I’m thoroughly enjoying the football we are playing. Yes I want to win games but if I’m being entertained too, it’s a double whammy

9 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Dapo was better than Black Stone Cherry will be 

FACT

American Gobshites in my opinion... wifey likes one song "Magic Mountain", hence the tickets.

Now she's on about not bothering and watching the tennis... as I pushed her out of the door

Just got back and still buzzing.  My Ipswich lift asked who our danger men were, I said if Dapo is on song we should do okay.  Sweet words.  Ipswich remind me of us last year, and once they click they’ll do okay so a big 3 points really.

Not going to add to what's already been said about individual players.  What I will say is that all the players love playing for our club and seem to get on really well with each other.  The joy in the players celebrating the 4th and 5th was just brilliant, and at the end Dapo was bigging up Kachunga when he was getting his song.  FV and Ian Evatt obviously doing something right.

• Members
43 minutes ago, victor meldrew said:

Important question, did mr grey and rudy have a stand off

We don’t always agree but it’s all love known him a long time

Games like today put everything aside and makes you realise how much you love this sport and club

31 minutes ago, bolton in bedford said:

Just got back and still buzzing.  My Ipswich lift asked who our danger men were, I said if Dapo is on song we should do okay.  Sweet words.  Ipswich remind me of us last year, and once they click they’ll do okay so a big 3 points really.

Yeh i thought whilst watching the game today, that they reminded me of us this time last season.

I saw little glimpses of quality from them going forward, but they were at 6’s and7’s at the back.

Ipswich will turn it around soon - maybe Xmas! 😂

• Members

I gotta say I know their RB was being bummed dry but I don’t think he should have been sent off, I’m not one for thinking a foul in the box is an immediate yellow. We got the pen that’s all I think it should be 

He’ll be seeing our Dapo in his nightmares tonight 

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Absolute shite pal they need major improvement worst team I’ve seen so far 

As a team, I agree. They had some individually decent players though. They have scored goals all season but defensively abysmal.

if they sort that, they’ll be a tough nut to crack