Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Ipswich Town (A)

burnden

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Alf Hartigan said:

Presuming this Troy lad has got learning difficulties. He’s like someone from spice corner in the ESU

Ipswich have already banned him it seems.

Fucking caveman.

How do Cunts like this still exist?

How nice of Dapo to keep his numbers down last season just to allow us to be the ones sign him. Him & Sheehan are just different calibre to the shit we've seen past few years. Real quality in front of goal on top of all the chances we've been creating due to the repetitive patterns of play we've developed from growing together is just great to see. Everybody can see how much these lads care & never let their heads drop no matter the situation on the pitch which is mainly down to Evatt as they'll just keep playing OUR game until we get our rewards. Doyler was fucking superb today, looks so much sharper & just look at the way he continuously brought the ball down under pressure to lay it off to the runners even though he gets a bit of shit for that part of his game. You know it's a mad fucking game when big RICO is on the right flank putting Becks type crosses into his centre back partner to rub salt in the wounds. Over the moon! Get revenge on all the teams who fucking battered us when we was in the shit! Slightly concerned about our fullbacks letting wingers hit the byline and put very dangerous balls in across the face of goal but we dealt better second half with that. COYWM IESWA

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

The way we play with fullbacks pushing on so much is going to be problematic on occasions. IE accepted that the team will be open on occasions in his post match comments. 

Part and parcel of what makes us good to watch. I’m loving it. Years since I’ve enjoyed football so much, I was inches away from falling out of love with the game altogether last year

I fucking hated Barcelona tiki taka possession for the sake of possession football in the mid 2000s

Much preferred Reals counter attack. 

I think Evatt ball is the best of both. We aren't sideways passing for the sake of 90% possession. It's fucking good to watch. 

3 hours ago, paulhanley said:

Christmas 83 I think that was. But the win was 77/78 under Ian Greaves .. even Peter Nicholson scored.

It was fckg cold. A mate drove 5 of us un his dad's Cortina, over the Snake Pass. He'd only passed his test a few weeks before.

Getting back to the car the lock was iced up. We tried various ways to defrost it ... the de-icer was, of course, IN the car. Eventually, one final make-or-break option. We pissed on the lock. (One at a time I stress ... 5 Bolton lads waving their cocks at each other on a deserted car park in Sheffield would have filled the papers for days). There'd be no more blowing on it if that failed. Fortunately it worked.

... &, yes, a great performance. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Been today, 550 whites supporting  their team, absolute  brilliant support, 5 fucking 2, somewhere near MK on the train, cracking away day.

Top songs, Dapo and Kachunga All the way through, half-time under the stands, all way through the game, we were fucking top, super top, super brilliant.

UTW

All credit to those who travelled today pal. It’s a trek. And one for the scrap book for sure. Safe journey to you boys 👍🏼

• Site Supporter
Just now, stevieb said:

I fucking hated Barcelona tiki taka possession for the sake of possession football in the mid 2000s

Much preferred Reals counter attack. 

I think Evatt ball is the best of both. We aren't sideways passing for the sake of 90% possession. It's fucking good to watch. 

Improved from last season in that we're creating more opportunities and scoring more freely. Evatt clearly knows what he wants, both in terms of style/fitness and also character to fit in and work towards his ideals.

• Members
4 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Who ?, never encountered him 👀

3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Small following g how did you not bump into each other. @Rudy did you spot grey in the crowd?

Not sure what the obsession is with seeing me at a game

Gone on for a while now same lot saying it, Little snipes and digs 

Always feel chuffed for the lads & lasses who travel many miles for a Wanderers away game, then they get rewarded with a performance/result like todays.

No doubt that days like today make it all worthwhile after some of the shite witnessed on the road for the last few years.

Hats off to everyone who went today - enjoy!

8 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Should be reported to the cops, surely ?

Whether or not an Ipswich fan.

OK, already banned by Ipswich but it doesn't appear to be having an affect does it ? The club itself can only do so much.

Wonder if he boo’d the knee 😎 good night