Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Ipswich Town (A)

burnden

• Members
Just now, desperado said:

And what a sub to replace him with - Lee. There can’t be many better subs than that in the championship, never mind Div 1

I said to my mate at 2-2, if Sheehan and Sarc play together fuck me we’ll score goals but we’re open to conceding some goals 

Lee off the bench 65 mins when we’re up is a great sun to have 

• Site Supporter
Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

Love this fella, he’s come up the hard way, stepped down 3 divisions to get game time, not your average footballer, intelligent, articulate, seems a top fella and going to be hell of a footballer. 

Loved him picking up the birthday hat behind the goal and running in front of their fans. 👏😂

• Site Supporter

Back at 10 including a half hour piss/food stop. That was the first time down to Ipswich since the A18 opened. It really isn’t such a shit, tractor dodging drive any more.

1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

Been today, 550 whites supporting  their team, absolute  brilliant support, 5 fucking 2, somewhere near MK on the train, cracking away day.

Top songs, Dapo and Kachunga All the way through, half-time under the stands, all way through the game, we were fucking top, super top, super brilliant.

UTW

Top songs? Most of them seemed to be started by a southern accented lad with a speech impediment.

Is this a libawy? Is this a libawy?

Was there a firedwill? Was there a firedwill?

Same old, same old. Let’s rid ourselves of this fixation with Wigan though.

Loads of songs about how shit they are yet we pretend they really don’t matter to us.

• Members
14 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Love this fella, he’s come up the hard way, stepped down 3 divisions and moved up North to get game time, not your average footballer, intelligent, articulate, seems a top fella and going to be hell of a footballer. 

He’s class. So humble. Brilliant to watch he gets you out of your seat. Excellent player, top lad 

4 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Back at 10 including a half hour piss/food stop. That was the first time down to Ipswich since the A18 opened. It really isn’t such a shit, tractor dodging drive any more.

Top songs? Most of them seemed to be started by a southern accented lad with a speech impediment.

Is this a libawy? Is this a libawy?

Was there a firedwill? Was there a firedwill?

Same old, same old. Let’s rid ourselves of this fixation with Wigan though.

Loads of songs about how shit they are yet we pretend they really don’t matter to us.

Love it Southern lad leading the singing!! We’re massive!! 🤣

58 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Twas about this time last season we got beat 6-3 by Port Vale, they didn't go on to great things, hope we have a different track.

I was thinking that, was today Ipswich's version of our Port Vale?  Was today our version of Vale's freak win at our place?  I don't care, we enjoy the great days, because they don't come around very often.  We will lose again soon, and win again soon, its just good to know wins and losses can be in equal measure instead of where we've been in the previous few years.  And as an added bonus, the football is great to watch and we love the owners.

47 minutes ago, desperado said:

And what a sub to replace him with - Lee. There can’t be many better subs than that in the championship, never mind Div 1

I like Lee, but for context, WBAs subs bench included Reach, Snodgrass, Hugill and Robinson; Sheff U had McBurnie, Brewster, Hourihane, Basham etc.  There's no comparison.  Even at this level, our bench needs to improve offensively.  That's no criticism of Lee, happy for him to be stand in for Sarce/Sheehan.  And yes, what a win today, let's just enjoy it.

• Members
8 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I like Lee, but for context, WBAs subs bench included Reach, Snodgrass, Hugill and Robinson; Sheff U had McBurnie, Brewster, Hourihane, Basham etc.  There's no comparison.  Even at this level, our bench needs to improve offensively.  That's no criticism of Lee, happy for him to be stand in for Sarce/Sheehan.  And yes, what a win today, let's just enjoy it.

They’re in a different league. Not sure what point you are trying to make. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Rudy said:

They’re in a different league. Not sure what point you are trying to make. 

It’s cause I said the championship as well as league one. I hadn’t banked on Johnny’s knowledge of the league above 😂. TBF the ones he mentioned are high profile and good players, but I still maintain Lee is up there with them. He was performing at a good level with Sheff Wed a couple of years ago when they were challenging for the prem.