Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Ipswich Town (A)

burnden

5 hours ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

It tickles me that some Ipswich fans seem to think they are a bigger club than us, in fact they seem to think they are the biggest club in this league... Hope they think the same when they are still in it next season 😁

To be fair, they'll be the biggest club in League Two. 

Just to bring a bit of reality to proceedings, Doyle has yet to score from open play in 7 league games.

We had two matches with 70+ percentages and about 50 attempts at goals and got 1 point. 

So whilst we all bask in the glow of a proper performance to which Doyle was integral I think his days are numbered longer term, particularly given Evatt's talk about stretching defences with more pace etc, I definitely see Doyle as the weak link in the team currently and an area for improvement.

Queue the pelters! 🤪 

PS Who said Stockdale was shite btw, we never see Doyle score those kind of goals!

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, JimmyRiddle said:

Just to bring a bit of reality to proceedings, Doyle has yet to score from open play in 7 league games.

We had two matches with 70+ percentages and about 50 attempts at goals and got 1 point. 

So whilst we all bask in the glow of a proper performance to which Doyle was integral I think his days are numbered longer term, particularly given Evatt's talk about stretching defences with more pace etc, I definitely see Doyle as the weak link in the team currently and an area for improvement.

Queue the pelters! 🤪 

PS Who said Stockdale was shite btw, we never see Doyle score those kind of goals!

Doyle is FAR from a "weak link". He does so much work off the ball, I'm amazed he can still run off the pitch when he gets subbed. He contributes massively to the way we play.

• Site Supporter
Just now, JimmyRiddle said:

But we hadn't scored the previous two?

We did score in one remember! Lee on that occasion and it was ruled out. Can't blame Doyle for everything. 

Perhaps that has something to do with the opposition defending well and making it difficult for us. Something that was acknowledged by Evatt.

He's the first line of defence, a hell of a character to have in the dressing room, and bags of experience to pass on.

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, JimmyRiddle said:

I can, missing a one on one twice directly before this, then getting in an offside position!! 🤪

He wasn't offside by current rules.

Every striker misses from time to time- if he was that good he wouldn't be playing division 3 football. 

There was a stat on the TV the other day, he's something like 4th or 5th on the list of highest scoring strikers in the leagues. Only the likes of Kane ahead. Remarkable. 

• The topic was unpinned
1 hour ago, Max Cherry said:

Only the same idiots as last season . Yes Piddle that's you

Why get so touchy and insulting, it's only an opinion, we are allowed them and it is a forum for opinions as far as I know?? Very rude person.

Watched that Burton match live and he did absolutely nothing for 70 mins till he was taken off, a proper striker working the centre halves and we would have won that match easily. 

So slag me off as much as you want but not hearing much evidence of what he does do.

3 hours ago, JimmyRiddle said:

Queue the pelters! 🤪 

No problem with genuine opinions, never sure why they get shouted down so readily, it would be boring if everyone thought the same.  But isn't that goal v Oxford classed as open play? It was our only goal headed in from a corner under Evatt if I'm not mistaken, something to celebrate.

14 minutes ago, JimmyRiddle said:

Why get so touchy and insulting, it's only an opinion, we are allowed them and it is a forum for opinions as far as I know?? Very rude person.

Watched that Burton match live and he did absolutely nothing for 70 mins till he was taken off, a proper striker working the centre halves and we would have won that match easily. 

So slag me off as much as you want but not hearing much evidence of what he does do.

You are entitled to your opinion even though it seems you can't appreciate his overall game.He was fantastic on Saturday IMHO even if he hadn't scored the penalty.

As for being rude I try to only give it back to those who dish it out and you have been very insulting in past so there you go. 

• Site Supporter

No problem with Doyle, he gives it 100% every game. He does have strengths & weaknesses obviously. We did well to get him into League 2 last season as he would walk into a lot of sides at this level. I'm thinking Philliskirk & Reeves scenario, both did us proud but Evatt will be looking out for Walker/McGinlay upgrades as is only natural. 

Doyle does a hell of a lot of unselfish running that goes unnoticed by some that creates space & once he nets from open play is likely to hit a streak.