Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bury

only1swanny

9 hours ago, Breightmet Boy said:

That sums up my exact thoughts, but I’m sure the chairman at Accrington needs adding to the cnut list

Ta. Yes. I'm willing to add others. For good, bad, or frankly no reason whatsoever. I'm sure I'll get to 91 others reasonably quickly.

On 28/08/2021 at 13:00, Carlos said:

Can anyone ever explain how GNev chose to takeover at Salfod rather than the club his father worked tirelessly to save? Pissed on his corpse. What a cockwomble.

Making Man ure version 3 was more important to him

I'm no defender of G Neville and find him a bit obnoxious at times even though he's a decent pundit, but Bury had owners and a chairman in 2014 around the time of the Salford takeover.  They got promoted under Flitcroft and were upwardly mobile. Why would they pump money in to a club that didn't appear to be in trouble.  They wanted the challenge and thrill of taking a club from amateur level to as high up the pyramid as possible, not just put money in to save an ailing club. Also Butt, Giggs and Scholes were/are part of it, with no affinity for Bury.

Anyway here's to Salford failing and Bury surviving/re-forming at Gigg Lane eventually.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I'm no defender of G Neville and find him a bit obnoxious at times even though he's a decent pundit, but Bury had owners and a chairman in 2014 around the time of the Salford takeover.  They got promoted under Flitcroft and were upwardly mobile. Why would they pump money in to a club that didn't appear to be in trouble.  They wanted the challenge and thrill of taking a club from amateur level to as high up the pyramid as possible, not just put money in to save an ailing club. Also Butt, Giggs and Scholes were/are part of it, with no affinity for Bury.

Was thinking the same 

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Good stuff if true, Gigg Lane is a decent ground and Bury is a big enough town for a football club, 3-4k or not, those 3-4k don't have a club.

I know they hate us, but we need clubs like Bury to hate us 😃

Bury isn’t big enough for a team though as proven by bury people calling Manchester, town

1 hour ago, radcliffe white said:

Fan group called Est 1885 taking over

hoping for conference north or northern premier league for 22/23

I don't see how they can do that, they are in NW Counties 1st Division, they will have to win that , win the premier league, win NPL West then win NPL Premier so that is at least 4 years of continuously winning leagues, unless they are going to get preferential treatment which will upset the likes of South Shields IMO

2 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

I don't see how they can do that, they are in NW Counties 1st Division, they will have to win that , win the premier league, win NPL West then win NPL Premier so that is at least 4 years of continuously winning leagues, unless they are going to get preferential treatment which will upset the likes of South Shields IMO

Just going off what’s being reported not sure how it will all play out tbh

one thing though bury afc will slide away 

3 hours ago, tomski said:

Bury isn’t big enough for a team though as proven by bury people calling Manchester, town

I think the likes of Forest Green, Salford, Harrogate, Sutton, Crawley, Stevenage would love to have as many fans as Bury.  As a football fan I'd rather have traditional, proper football clubs with a half decent number of fans in the EFL than the new breed of no marks/no fans with their 5k capacity lego grounds.

10 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I think the likes of Forest Green, Salford, Harrogate, Sutton, Crawley, Stevenage would love to have as many fans as Bury.  As a football fan I'd rather have traditional, proper football clubs with a half decent number of fans in the EFL than the new breed of no marks/no fans with their 5k capacity lego grounds.

Well said bury bigger than the ones you mention and probably L1 fleetwood & accy

my guess is national north 

Made up with this news. Lovely memories of going to Gigg Lane with me dear owd dad in the 60s to watch Colin Bell and Alec Lindsay play for a good Bury team. Days of sitting in a wooden stand with wooded seats twisting wooden rattles with pipe smoke everywhere...beautiful times from an age before the tribal nastiness and greed of today.

Beltin news.