Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Barry Knight Derby (Ipswich Away)

Steejay

2 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

It was very late on

you would’ve expected a player of his quality to have scored for sure 

When this games mentioned I always wonder how we would have fared the following season , if we would have won the final . Probably would have still lost Gudjohnsen all the same.

7 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

When this games mentioned I always wonder how we would have fared the following season , if we would have won the final . Probably would have still lost Gudjohnsen all the same.

Possibly ok like when we got promoted after Cardiff it had a good mix of exciting players & old heads, yep I don’t think promotion would’ve kept eidur

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

Who knows, we'd have kept Jensen and Fish, but Nolan wouldn't have been ready and we may not have signed Ricketts  

Can't complain with how it panned out, did the double over Ipswich next time out and that 4-1 was a massive nail in their coffin 

Was very bitter when they got into Europe and played inter milan, but we got there eventually too, so got over it

But I still think Knight was bent though and Sheepshanks probably had a word in his ear, given he changed the away goals rule after he put them out twice in a row

19 hours ago, Zico said:

right, my Ipswich story

first off, I absolutely gurantee 100% swear on what's left of my folks lives that this is true, ask my brothers, or mates, if you ever meet them

in the aftermath of the barry knight debacle, we're all licking our wounds on the bwfc rivals bit

as was the norm them days, ipswich fans came on giving it the large, dirty northern c�nts, got what you deserved etc

i took it personally

so go for a mooch on their section

loads of them on there "i'm a lifelong fan me, can't get tickets for wembley, gutted, beg beg beg"

so I gets this idea

I sign up a fake hotmail and rivals account called "portman_dave"

go on there and say I'm a lifelong fan too, got 4 tickets but mate has dropped out, 2 going spare, I want them to go to REAL fans, no JCLs, so email me telling me why you think you should have them

hour later i login to hotmail and i have loads of mails, loads

spend my dinner chuckling to miself as I read how they met bobby robson on their 5th birthdy, pictures with terry butcher as a kid, you name it, they'd done it

one bellend tries telling me he's that hardcore he went to Grimsby away on a Wednesday night with about 200 other hardy souls, his email account is @hull.ac.uk - clearly at Hull uni, clearly not that hardcore

then one guy mails me this proper sob story - in the past 12 months his wife has left him, took the kids, lost his job, stuggling to make ends meet, couldn't get to the games that season so missed out on vouchers blah blah blah

and leaves me his mobile number 07980 whatever

so I have this other idea

I mail him back and tell him he can have them for free, i'm quite affluent, his story touched me, I'll call you later with details

I then mail hull uni lad and say "grimsby away, wow, that's commitement, they're yours mate if you want them, call me later on 07980 whatever"

end of work I log back in, have mails from them both telling me i'm a right bastard I am and how could I do that to a proper football fans

so I mail them both back saying

"now you know how it feels to get shafted you cunts, come on you whites"

had a massive wank right after, it felt good

Got to be done

Never been back since that night

Secretly glad Mrs D has made other plans

On 03/09/2021 at 00:49, Zico said:

right, my Ipswich story

first off, I absolutely gurantee 100% swear on what's left of my folks lives that this is true, ask my brothers, or mates, if you ever meet them

in the aftermath of the barry knight debacle, we're all licking our wounds on the bwfc rivals bit

as was the norm them days, ipswich fans came on giving it the large, dirty northern c�nts, got what you deserved etc

i took it personally

so go for a mooch on their section

loads of them on there "i'm a lifelong fan me, can't get tickets for wembley, gutted, beg beg beg"

so I gets this idea

I sign up a fake hotmail and rivals account called "portman_dave"

go on there and say I'm a lifelong fan too, got 4 tickets but mate has dropped out, 2 going spare, I want them to go to REAL fans, no JCLs, so email me telling me why you think you should have them

hour later i login to hotmail and i have loads of mails, loads

spend my dinner chuckling to miself as I read how they met bobby robson on their 5th birthdy, pictures with terry butcher as a kid, you name it, they'd done it

one bellend tries telling me he's that hardcore he went to Grimsby away on a Wednesday night with about 200 other hardy souls, his email account is @hull.ac.uk - clearly at Hull uni, clearly not that hardcore

then one guy mails me this proper sob story - in the past 12 months his wife has left him, took the kids, lost his job, stuggling to make ends meet, couldn't get to the games that season so missed out on vouchers blah blah blah

and leaves me his mobile number 07980 whatever

so I have this other idea

I mail him back and tell him he can have them for free, i'm quite affluent, his story touched me, I'll call you later with details

I then mail hull uni lad and say "grimsby away, wow, that's commitement, they're yours mate if you want them, call me later on 07980 whatever"

end of work I log back in, have mails from them both telling me i'm a right bastard I am and how could I do that to a proper football fans

so I mail them both back saying

"now you know how it feels to get shafted you cunts, come on you whites"

had a massive wank right after, it felt good

Beautiful